Jim_Iain Live - 2nd Half World Cruise - B2B Singapore to Down Under 11/25 – 12/21

Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Too bad they didn’t get our Retreat Host.   At one point we had 9 bottles of water on the vanity and 4 in the cooler.  Every day more came in spite of us telling him we don’t need water.  Finally, put 8 bottles on the table with a note PLEASE REMOVE.  

Sublime to the ridiculous springs to mind!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

my my.  This they labeled Biscuits and Sausage.   Hmmm. 🧐 

It disgust me every time I see pictures of what the cruise lines  call biscuits and sausage gravy.  As a gentlemen born and raised in the Southern US I'll refrain from using the words I really want to use.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

Too bad they didn’t get our Retreat Host.   At one point we had 9 bottles of water on the vanity and 4 in the cooler.  Every day more came in spite of us telling him we don’t need water.  Finally, put 8 bottles on the table with a note PLEASE REMOVE.  

That would never happen to us.  Between our consumption of green tea and my love of ice water, we would have gone through as many as they brought.  My DW does have a habit of opening a bottle and not finishing it before opening another.  I often find myself with a glass of ice going around and emptying the partially consumed bottles of water into my glass.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

He said originally he could make a similar one but didn't  have the dried raspberry powder.   Last night he said that with permission he looked through the galley an found some.... Ohhhhh I'm looking forward to it. 

I'm jealous!  That was my favorite dessert.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Ontario Cruiser said:

Hi there. Belated Happy Birthday Jim. I just finished  reading all the posts.We were on crossing years ago to  with you  to Japan. After doing over 60 cruises we saw a great deal of the world. David died  on September 18th so no more cruises, He was 97 and had a good life. After 62 years of marriage l miss him terribly . Keep cruising and stay healthy.  He ran until he was 9l. 

Sherrill  Smith  Peterborough Ontario 

Sherrill — I am so sorry for your loss. May your memories bring you comfort.  — Vivien

Just heard of Tsunami warnings in the area of Indonesia due to a 7.6 magnitude quake.  I hope you guys are far enough away from this that it does not affect you. Stay safe and really enjoying your travels!

Jim — I am finally caught up. First, a very belated happy birthday to you. 🎉Second, thank you for sharing another “live from.” I thoroughly enjoy your photos and observations, and yours and Iain’s love story warms my heart. ❤️ My husband and I celebrated our 39th anniversary in August — 2nd marriage for both of us and I am blessed to have his kids, grandkids, and great grandkids as my family. Finally, you have convinced me to start researching a trip to Bali and Australia. One niece and her husband and son live in Bali, and her sister, husband, son & daughter live in Gold Coast, Australia. Maybe next year. 😊

Edited by Jazzbo
Typo

12 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thank you.... you stated that so nicely.    I swear the older I get the emotional I get.   Reading Sherrill's message I broke down in tears, feeling her loss and had to rapidly change my thoughts.  

We need a Group virtual hug?   We are here fou you Sherrill. 

You and me both my friend.

9 hours ago, chemmo said:

Continuing to thoroughly enjoy your cruise. -12 here in the UK last night, I would love to be too hot!

Seriously, Jim, take it easy…so understand your wish to see everything but be careful!

Thanks -  really starting to get better.  

Now that is cold.    38 C is just too hot.    

When the Gods Wish to Punish Us, They Answer Our Prayers." - Oscar Wilde

• Like 3

22 hours ago, goldsmip115 said:

Yes, that amazing chocolate sphere!

I think they may still have that one.    I love the display but not too fond of the flavor -  but for me is better than the Baked Alaska.

Anu sent his warmest of wishes to you.   When I mentioned your name he had a big grin 

20 hours ago, abbydancer said:

Glen says it looks better than it tastes.  I'll take his word for it, since I don't do chocolate (don't like it).

Glen has good taste.   Of course that's why he married you.

Sitting around watch KGO news and weather and looks like cool and showers.    We will have to meet in Mt View for coffee when I get home.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ontario Cruiser said:

Thanks Jim and Iain for your  kind thoughts. Stay healthy.  It is great seeing all the pictures. We did a trip through the Suez Canal and then went to Singapore and India. So many fond memories. David's ashes are here for now. We will do a celebration of his life at Stoney Lake Ontario . He loved his cottage. 

Keep cruising.  Love Sherrill 

That is wonderful.    My ex-wife died about a month ago and her husband has her ashes sitting on a shelf for now and the kids are pushing for him to make arrangements to spread them in Monterrey where she loved.

I have a feeling we will spread our ashes at sea.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, jelayne said:

At least the CS on Edge only has one of Kelly Ann's Kitch --- A Pineapple of Course.

Here’s Iain asking -What’s this mean

IMG_0666.thumb.jpeg.3f36bce457050345218d6134616cb568.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1
  • Haha 13

3 hours ago, Mike981 said:

You and me both my friend.

I'm pretty sure for many of us it is just part of maturity.   I remember my uncle telling met that same thing.   He hadn't seen my mother in 5 year and I flew to Knoxville, TN to drive him to Visit with my mother in Huntsville, AL.   When telling stories of their childhood he would just break down and start crying -   

Tears are a gift from God - 

Always curious I looked up for attribution -

Our ability to express our emotions with tears is a gift, and God keeps track of each tear we cry. Psalm 56:8

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I think they may still have that one.    I love the display but not too fond of the flavor -  but for me is better than the Baked Alaska.

Anu sent his warmest of wishes to you.   When I mentioned your name he had a big grin 

Best enjoy the display while you can.

Unless things have changed,  apparently health and safety regs mean they're not allowed the pyrotechnics in NZ waters. At least that's what we were told a few years back, could of course have been one of this X excuses🤔

Hope the Edge has kept her bottom clean on the way from Rome 🤣 You don't want a Pacific Explorer experience 😉 

6 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

It disgust me every time I see pictures of what the cruise lines  call biscuits and sausage gravy.  As a gentlemen born and raised in the Southern US I'll refrain from using the words I really want to use.  

John -  I purposely took that picture knowing it would get a raise out of you and @terrydtx

My Granny from Tennessee would agree with you.   She made the BEST Best Sausage and Garvey.   But of course she also raised her own hogs and made her own Sausage.   

My Daughter is especial fond of them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, r2h2 said:

Just heard of Tsunami warnings in the area of Indonesia due to a 7.6 magnitude quake.  I hope you guys are far enough away from this that it does not affect you. Stay safe and really enjoying your travels!

Must not be an issue as there were no announcements.      I've been at sea a number of times when a tsunami passes -   It is usually announced and passengers are comforted that at sea we may only have a  2-3 foot swell.   The real danger is when they come ashore and all the power builds as the shoreline becomes more shallow intensifying all the power

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

John -  I purposely took that picture knowing it would get a raise out of you and @terrydtx

My Granny from Tennessee would agree with you.   She made the BEST Best Sausage and Garvey.   But of course she also raised her own hogs and made her own Sausage.   

My Daughter is especial fond of them.

I agree that is not what I saw living in Texas and Alabama for S & B.  I am not a fan and as my cardiologist called them an "Artery blocker" to be eaten no more than once a month.

4 hours ago, Jazzbo said:

Jim — I am finally caught up. First, a very belated happy birthday to you. 🎉Second, thank you for sharing another “live from.” I thoroughly enjoy your photos and observations, and yours and Iain’s love story warms my heart. ❤️ My husband and I celebrated our 39th anniversary in August — 2nd marriage for both of us and I am blessed to have his kids, grandkids, and great grandkids as my family. Finally, you have convinced me to start researching a trip to Bali and Australia. One niece and her husband and son live in Bali, and her sister, husband, son & daughter live in Gold Coast, Australia. Maybe next year. 😊

Thanks much.    39 years in August is incredible.   Now you have to Book a cruise for the big 40.   OK  I don't even need a reason to book but Milestone Birthdays are really fun.

When I turned 50  we Flew from Dublin, Ireland to Cairns.   David who is traveling was a co-owner of a resort there.    What a blast.   It was a small resort gay Resort with all meals included.   Iain started playing piano and the whole resort of about 80 guests joined in for sing along. 

The Party continued for 3 days.     My most memorable.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I agree that is not what I saw living in Texas and Alabama for S & B.  I am not a fan and as my cardiologist called them an "Artery blocker" to be eaten no more than once a month.

I have to agree and no longer eat it.   My Grandmother would cook up a Rasher of Bacon, frying the eggs in the grease and plenty of Sausage and Biscuits  every morning.    I am sure that was the reason my Grandfather died from a Stroke.     Of course he also refused to take his cholesterol pills.

He was a farmer and lived life to the fullest. 

Sitting here writing this, I have to  admit I'm salivating.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I have a similar loving of chicken friend steak and gravy.  I have a tradition of having it every time I go to Las Vegas, which up until this year I use to do on an annual basis.  I had my one per year serving this year in a restaurant here in Virginia and it was delicious.  I may have to see if my DW wants to take a land vacation to Las Vegas next year. 

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Redking said:

Best enjoy the display while you can.

Unless things have changed,  apparently health and safety regs mean they're not allowed the pyrotechnics in NZ waters. At least that's what we were told a few years back, could of course have been one of this X excuses🤔

Hope the Edge has kept her bottom clean on the way from Rome 🤣 You don't want a Pacific Explorer experience 😉 

Yea I read that but guess she had been at sea a long time.    Can you imagine with Celebrity kicking off the Edge Season with New Zealand cruises would be hard to substitute a different itinerary.

Can't wait to see your beautiful Country -      I've been many times on fueling stops but never even out of the glass transit holding area.    Looks beautiful from the air.

• Like 3