Ocean Medallion App - Part 4

Host CJSKIDS

13 minutes ago, dides said:

Yes, just went to the old app and is prompted me to update (on android). I had done our final medallion ordering step yesterday but the new version also asked for some contact details (phone numbers) to confirm we were ready to board.  No dining bookable yet for our Sun Princess inaugural.

Haven't managed to work out how to find my other bookings on the new version.

42days.jpeg

I think they put out a whole new App so that it starts fresh and they have lost all the terrible review ratings in the Play Store. 

At least it installed cleanly.  There is hope in Mudville tonight!

Edited by Steelers36

41 minutes ago, Morrocco said:

Princess new app is here 😀

Just downloaded the new app. Everything transferred over from the previous app for our March 2024.  Shows 6 out of 7 line items completed. Requesting I authorize Radiqal Gaming, LLC to store my Credit Card info for purchases made off the ship using my medallion. Not interested.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I think they put out a whole new App so that it starts fresh and they have lost all the terrible review ratings in the Play Store. 

@Host CJSKIDS, may I suggest that this is the time for a new sticky and this thread either merge with the old #3, or be left for the old version of the App and a separate thread for the new App just released because the interface, questions and any issues will be different.  Once the old App is retired (end Feb I think), you can lock the old App thread.  Happy New Year, BTW, and thanks for all your work and contributions on our Forum.

New thread for new App begins with Post #147.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Already muddy in Mudville!

Only first cruise shows up. Most of the information has filtered over.

But, should see all cruises booked.

Loyalty status wrong.  Shows blue.

We shall see.

8 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, totally different App

image.png.8877eeb9714e70951c9b349d6c33423a.png

Android 1.0.0  and release dates:

image.png.2c4602fbf0d0b7fe46966bdffc58149f.png

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

Only first cruise shows up. Most of the information has filtered over.

But, should see all cruises booked.

Loyalty status wrong.  Shows blue.

We shall see.

I have noticed I am Blue for all year (since last voyage).  I think that is dumb, but I am thinking it would correct back if I had an active booking.  IDK yet, but plan to make a fake booking in order to check out the new App (I mean I have FCDs and would just self-book and then cancel later after playing with it).\

1 minute ago, doghog said:

Just downloaded the new app. Everything transferred over from the previous app for our March 2024.  Shows 6 out of 7 line items completed. Requesting I authorize Radiqal Gaming, LLC to store my Credit Card info for purchases made off the ship using my medallion. Not interested.

Do you have more than one cruise booked?  If so, do the other cruises show?

Is your loyalty color on the seawitch the correct color?

14 minutes ago, kamelia said:

Unlike @dides, my Apple device did not prompt me to download the new version, so thank you @Morrocco for posting that it was available.  I stumbled onto it only when I did a search for "Princess Travel" after not finding it using other search terms.  Thank you!

My pleasure

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Do you have more than one cruise booked?  If so, do the other cruises show?

Is your loyalty color on the seawitch the correct color?

Only the March Enchanted cruise.  Both of us are still in the green lane. The app icon is blue. The CC tier level and color is correct for our medallion in our order history.  

When I click on profile my CC tier level and associated color are correct. 

Edited by doghog

5 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Ditto.  I'm trying to check it out kept getting signed out because my session has expired.  As I'm actively using it.  I was able to get as far as

1) seeing only my upcoming cruise listed, and none of the ones booked for after that

2) loyalty color is blue

3) no obvious way to look at travel companions, which I was trying to do given previous issues with DH's numerous doppelgangers 

3 minutes ago, dides said:

Yes, totally different App

image.png.8877eeb9714e70951c9b349d6c33423a.png

Be warned  - the pushed Update process on Android has left me with two apps with the same name next to each other on my phone - the old and the new version! And typically I clicked the first one and launched the old version - so you need to do some housekeeping and uninstall - when you are ready of course. Might need to compare the old and the new for a while.

image.png.40407e7e50fe4173261120c704e0f2d0.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dides said:

Be warned  - the pushed Update process on Android has left me with two apps with the same name next to each other on my phone - the old and the new version! And typically I clicked the first one and launched the old version - so you need to do some housekeeping and uninstall - when you are ready of course. Might need to compare the old and the new for a while.

Far now, I'm leaving the previous one installed. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, doghog said:

Ditto.  Leaving both for a while.

7 minutes ago, kamelia said:

Ditto.  I'm trying to check it out kept getting signed out because my session has expired.  As I'm actively using it.  I was able to get as far as

1) seeing only my upcoming cruise listed, and none of the ones booked for after that

2) loyalty color is blue

3) no obvious way to look at travel companions, which I was trying to do given previous issues with DH's numerous doppelgangers 

Also, doesn’t look like the MDR

or SD reservations were moved over.

22 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Once the old App is retired (end Feb I think), you can lock the old App thread. 

One would think Princess would send out e-mails to booked cruisers giving out some information instead of waiting until one logs into the Medallion Class App.  I'm not interested in taking any chances by installing a new app which is apparently still somewhat wonky.  DW & I are Green Lane for our next cruise which is last week of February and first week of March.  It would be nice if Princess would let me know if my current app will still work on my sailing.  I just don't want the new app to screw up our green lane status.

• Like 3

The previous app was still a work in progress after many years & now the new app is already having issues. 🙄

Unless there are reports that the new app is an improvement, I won’t install the new app until it’s required. I have an April cruise & don’t want to risk messing up all of my things already in my booking.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, doghog said:

Me too.  No way am I downloading this new app. This is going to be a hot topic for months to come. 

Edited by DHP1

20 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Ditto.  Leaving both for a while.

All our MDR reservations for DMW were transferred over to the new app. The times and MDR are correct. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

@Host CJSKIDS, may I suggest that this is the time for a new sticky and this thread either merge with the old #3, or be left for the old version of the App and a separate thread for the new App just released because the interface, questions and any issues will be different.  Once the old App is retired (end Feb I think), you can lock the old App thread.  Happy New Year, BTW, and thanks for all your work and contributions on our Forum.

New thread for new App begins with Post #147.

We now have 2 Topics on the new app going at the same time 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

Me too.  No way am I downloading this new app. This is going to be a hot topic for months to come. 

I'm also using the new app. Downloaded it this morning. So far no issues with the new. Just not going to delete the old one yet.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I found our DMW reservations - under View & Reserve Dining, clicked on Reserve Dining and then i the upper right-hand corner there is an icon that looks like a calendar with a heart on it and clicking on that brings up our same-day cruise-long reservation.  I have not done SD, so can't haven't got any suggestions for that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kamelia said:

I found our DMW reservations - under View & Reserve Dining, clicked on Reserve Dining and then i the upper right-hand corner there is an icon that looks like a calendar with a heart on it and clicking on that brings up our same-day cruise-long reservation.  I have not done SD, so can't haven't got any suggestions for that.

I had to use my booking number and now it shows my DMW and SD. Crazy.

Hoping all this moves over, including my other cruises.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

New app logs me out “session timed out” 

After less than a minutes usage 

I'm finding that trying to access the OceanReady Checklist is pretty consistently causing my Session Timeout.  (Apple version of the app.) 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, schooner_Drinker said:

New app logs me out “session timed out” 

After less than a minutes usage 

Our SUN booking followed over, but both our tier levels are incorrect 

Dining still not able to book specialties 

Will leave it alone for a few months until they fix 

Nancy 

Are you able to book the main dining on the Sun Princess? I still can't. Thanks.