Ocean Medallion App - Part 4

Host CJSKIDS

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

One would think Princess would send out e-mails to booked cruisers giving out some information instead of waiting until one logs into the Medallion Class App.  I'm not interested in taking any chances by installing a new app which is apparently still somewhat wonky.  DW & I are Green Lane for our next cruise which is last week of February and first week of March.  It would be nice if Princess would let me know if my current app will still work on my sailing.  I just don't want the new app to screw up our green lane status.

I received an email from Princess today notifying me about the new app. They say I can continue to use the existing app until February 1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if this makes a difference, but I downloaded the new App on both my iPhone as well as my iPad and am not experiencing any timeout issues. I will note I did log on to the app on each device with a booking number, as logging on with my Princess Personalizer credentials has never worked on either the new or old apps.

• Like 1

Good so far, iPhone prompted me to update when accessing the App.

Dowloaded with no issues.

logged in with E-Mail & Password.

All information transferred, took a few seconds on IPad Pro (133mbit/s)

Only issue I could see was that it only showed our first cruise, to get the second one to display I had to change to login by booking number.  

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

That could be it - 🍏 here 

Also worth noting, once I logged in using my log in ID and my Password this morning (~3 hours agao) the app has kept me logged in, just like the previous version. 

8 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

Here is what I get using 

NEW app logged in using booking number method on an Apple iPhone 

IMG_4699.thumb.jpeg.29c2cd20dcedd5987c9b83db5fcc1f2e.jpeg

is it possible for you to post what you are seeing 

Thanks

Nancy 

From the front page of the app where you have your Days until Embarkation click on Book Dining   next page select the restaurant you want .... scroll to botom of next page and it gives you available time slots for that restaurant you chose on any of the dates of your cruise.   

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SundownersNS said:

From the front page of the app where you have your Days until Embarkation click on Book Dining   next page select the restaurant you want .... scroll to botom of next page and it gives you available time slots for that restaurant you chose on any of the dates of your cruise.   

Don't select the date and time until you have selected the restaurant you want.   I made that mistake but not sure it works that way 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

No - nothing is listed 

It may be that you're not cruising until November.  I can access dining reservations on January itinerary, but get "cannot load content" message for May itinerary.

Edit to add - looks like that just occurred to you, too. 😁

Edited by kamelia
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MTAK said:

I received an email from Princess today notifying me about the new app. They say I can continue to use the existing app until February 1.

How soon is your sailing?  I haven't gotten anything and usually, both an e-mail comes directly to me and another copy goes to my TA for forwarding.   Crickets....🦗

5 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

How soon is your sailing?  I haven't gotten anything and usually, both an e-mail comes directly to me and another copy goes to my TA for forwarding.   Crickets....🦗

I'm more concerned about what happens after Feb 1.  I hope Princess didn't put all the eggs in one basket, and hand it to a man on crutches trying to go uphill !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Sorry, I should have mentioned I sail January 13, so maybe Princess is rolling the emails out based on sail dates.

• Thanks 1

As the new app is the one taking over and the old one will be gone soon, I will be locking this thread and unpinning it once that happens since we will no longer be able to use it. 

I would post anything about the new app in the thread that was pinned today.  

• Like 5

13 hours ago, desertdwellingsailor said:

This doesn't work for Bank of America. I have tried contacting them before we travel. They just love locking my card. We setup an appointment to talk to them about it and they suggested the Visa. The Visa works well but the Princess App is rejecting it.

I have a Capital One Venture card. I never let them know I'm traveling. They don't lock me out. There is no foreign transaction fee. It just works. However, I do get both a text and an email every time to let me know that a new foreign transaction has been posted to my account. I have the options to say, "NOOOOOOOO" but I just do nothing (which is a valid option) as I know I just made the transaction. I love that I get the "real" cost rather than whatever the cost was wherever I was. I like seeing the USD cost of the AUD charge I just made. (It soothes the pain of an overpriced thing in another country.)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Thrak said:

I have a Capital One Venture card. I never let them know I'm traveling. They don't lock me out. There is no foreign transaction fee. It just works. However, I do get both a text and an email every time to let me know that a new foreign transaction has been posted to my account. I have the options to say, "NOOOOOOOO" but I just do nothing (which is a valid option) as I know I just made the transaction. I love that I get the "real" cost rather than whatever the cost was wherever I was. I like seeing the USD cost of the AUD charge I just made. (It soothes the pain of an overpriced thing in another country.)

One semi-clever thing I am thinking of doing is taking the advice from other discussions on this board about turning on Wi-Fi Calling on my iPhone. I didn't do that on previous cruises. Then if BoA texts or calls me I should be able to respond. Of course I may not really want to get texts and phone calls on my cruise so that is the down side. Anyway, I'm not worried. We are booking excursions now and then we will reserve dinner times and be ready to roll. We really need a vacation. My dad went into the hospital with cancer in August and we had to move my parents to Arizona where we live and deal with everything but now things are more stable so a cruise to Mexico sounds pretty nice and I've got the app working and in the green lane.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, desertdwellingsailor said:

One semi-clever thing I am thinking of doing is taking the advice from other discussions on this board about turning on Wi-Fi Calling on my iPhone.

We recently visited Hobbiton in New Zealand. I booked with the company many months ago and, at that time, they told me I was the first from our particular sailing to book the tour. I had the reservation paperwork with me on the cruise and it plainly stated to meet outside the ship at 9:45 AM. At about 9:05 AM I noticed I had a voice mail. (I had WiFi calling turned on.) It seems that they had changed the departure time to 9:00 AM and failed to notify me and they tour had left without us. I called right back and the woman was extremely apologetic and said she had checked with the office and discovered that I had been given the "old" time and didn't understand why I hadn't been notified of the change. Fortunately we had just been waiting for our time to come around and were able to immediately disembark and meet her in the parking lot. She took us in her van to meet the tour at the first stop (we visited some other spots before hitting Hobbiton). 

If I hadn't had WiFi calling turned on we would have been standing in the lot at the listed time wondering why there was nobody there. The WiFi calling on the ship didn't work flawlessly but it did work well enough to save our hind ends and get us on our tour.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

Just seen this in 🍏App Store 

I just read that Google Playstore checks for app updates from developers once a day.  Apple manages updates.  I take it that means Apple can be faster than Google with updates.  It will be interesting to see if the Android version updates sometime tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, schooner_Drinker said:

I don’t want to add shoreside payment information 

and what’s with this gaming company 

Without completing this, I am not fully completed for check in

any work around anyone 

The agent I spoke to today indicated that their tech team was aware of this problem.  She agreed with me that keeping the old app that shows us in the Green was a good idea.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, schooner_Drinker said:

Early reports from Android users on here they had no issues with session timeouts 

That bug seemed to be apple specific 

Maybe why the SW release has come first - apple users 

I like the function of seeing Green / Blue lane - hope it is implemented into New app

The new app works like the previous app for me. Once I'm logged in, I stay connected. No timeouts. I'm still connected and I downloaded the new app few days ago.  Android user.

I also agree about the Blue/Green lane issue. 

• Like 1