Plus / Premier Packages

sad549s

58 minutes ago, sad549s said:

Curious how service might be if so many passengers have a package with 15 drinks each 

Never had a problem with service. People like us who are drinkers would have 8-12 drinks regardless of packages. Back in the 1990’s there were no packages drinks cost like $5 and we had $50 bar bills a day. Packages don’t change behavior just save money

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sad549s said:

Curious how service might be if so many passengers have a package with 15 drinks each 

We thought service was slow on our recent Emerald cruise. The ship seemed understaffed with maybe one guy behind the mix bar on a sea day. They had two bar waiters staffed to serve Wheelhouse Bar. Some were doubling as servers in Salty Dog Gastropub.

4 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

My TA said she was told most sailings were 75-80% with a plus or premier package.  She said Princess told them that on a call maybe 6 months ago.

I would believe this, on our last cruise it seemed like way more people did than didn't

• Like 2

20 hours ago, memoak said:

Never had a problem with service. People like us who are drinkers would have 8-12 drinks regardless of packages. Back in the 1990’s there were no packages drinks cost like $5 and we had $50 bar bills a day. Packages don’t change behavior just save money

Per day??

DON

• Like 1

20 hours ago, memoak said:

I think it changes my behavior, but only slightly. Mostly for wine at dinner, which I don't get without a package. That doesn't apply to the OP's concern about bars being busy though. But there also might be once a day when I get a drink I wouldn't have otherwise. Even if it's just a soda.

13 minutes ago, asctony said:

FYI - The Plus & Premium pkgs on Princess are very reasonable when compared to other cruise lines.

Beverage pkgs alone on other lines exceed these prices.

So, you get much more with these pkgs! 

Most folks here forget or are not aware of this.  Thank you for reminding us what a good value the packages are.  Preparing for incoming flames from the package haters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am on a Princess cruise next year and have purchased the Plus Package. Funnily enough this will, God willing, be our 18th cruise and the first one we have ever purchased a drinks package. Neither of us really being big drinkers. But the wife says as we are allowed 15 x $15 drinks per day "She'll give it a go" although some drinks will probably be coffee or maybe juice. Presumably you can order drinks to your cabin. I did notice that although you can take one bottle of champagne or wine onboard without charge you cannot, unlike P&O take a litre of Spirit onboard with you. Not that it will matter as we have the drinks package anyway.

44 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Most folks here forget or are not aware of this.  Thank you for reminding us what a good value the packages are.  Preparing for incoming flames from the package haters.

I for one enjoy the self-righteous indignation of people who believe they know best regarding how I should spend my disposable income.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

I am on a Princess cruise next year and have purchased the Plus Package. Funnily enough this will, God willing, be our 18th cruise and the first one we have ever purchased a drinks package. Neither of us really being big drinkers. But the wife says as we are allowed 15 x $15 drinks per day "She'll give it a go" although some drinks will probably be coffee or maybe juice. Presumably you can order drinks to your cabin. I did notice that although you can take one bottle of champagne or wine onboard without charge you cannot, unlike P&O take a litre of Spirit onboard with you. Not that it will matter as we have the drinks package anyway.

The 15 drink total applies to only alcoholic beverages.  Coffees, water, soda, etc. are included with no limits.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, donaldsc said:

Per day??

DON

Yep. We enjoy ourselves. Having lunch right now at a diner near my house 2-3 beers with lunch , will have 2 cocktails pre dinner and 2 glasses of wine with dinner. That is probably about a normal day for us if we go out to lunch 

• Like 3

The packages are a terrible value if you do not drink alcohol. I do agree that they are easonable (at least, Plus is reasonable) if you drink.

I would be really interested in a package that was nonalcoholic... I wonder if they'll ever do that?

• Like 1

For health reasons, my doctor says females one drink a day, males 2.  So as much as I enjoy more, I am trying to limit myself to those guidelines.  Drink package does not make sense for us with only one or two drinks per day.  

Just now, DaisyRose said:

For health reasons, my doctor says females one drink a day, males 2.  So as much as I enjoy more, I am trying to limit myself to those guidelines.  Drink package does not make sense for us with only one or two drinks per day.  

I try not listen to my doctor about some things LOL. But if someone drinks a lot f coffee or cocktails it can still pay off

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, DaisyRose said:

I think perhaps your doctor would not have a problem with you going over this amount while on vacation.  My DH has medical and prescription medication restrictions with regards to alcohol but his doctor gives him his blessing to enjoy his vacation.  Lucky me, I have no restrictions!  So, a lifestyle is a bit different than a short term enjoyment.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, memoak said:

I try not listen to my doctor about some things LOL. But if someone drinks a lot f coffee or cocktails it can still pay off

Me, me!  I can easily drink 3 cappuccinos for breakfast alone.  I don’t drink beer, (well, occasionally a Corona at the slots), but I enjoy my cocktails and wine.  I don’t count the number because it varies day to day.  On the Plus package we definitely come out on top.  Trying Premier next cruise to use up FCC.

• Like 2

Yes, I think you are right that our doctor would be OK with us going above the recommendations while on vacation.  Last cruise, we told her I had about 3 drinks per day, and hubby had about 5 per day.  She was not too upset, she just wanted us to get back on track.   But because hubby and I have both had some recent health scares, we are trying to eat (and drink) healthier.  

• Like 2