Precruise Hotel London or Southampton?

jeb_bud

We are working on a Southampton to Southampton cruise.  We will probably be arriving in London two days before embarkation.  We are planning to book a F1 Suite now that we are SS Gold and will get multiple wifi logins.  However, after glancing at some hotel prices in London the premium for Cat E might not be as much as I thought it would be after factoring in the hotel and transfer.

I did some searching and scanned a year of topic titles and I didn't find much information about pre-cruise hotels in London or Southampton.  Where are the pre-cruise hotels for Southampton departures, London or Southampton?  What hotels did Regent put you in and what was your impression?  I will appreciate any advice you can provide.

We're doing a B2B out of Southampton next fall and thought we'd add three nights to the one provided by Regent at InterContinental London Park Lane.  After crunching the numbers we decided to do the pre-cruise stay on our own.

We're staying in a very nice hotel in the West End close to shows and Covent Garden plus arranged a transfer to Southampton on our own and still came out ahead by about £800 vs adding three nights to our stay at the InterContinental.

On 11/26/2023 at 10:26 AM, -Lew- said:

We're doing a B2B out of Southampton next fall and thought we'd add three nights to the one provided by Regent at InterContinental London Park Lane.  After crunching the numbers we decided to do the pre-cruise stay on our own.

We're staying in a very nice hotel in the West End close to shows and Covent Garden plus arranged a transfer to Southampton on our own and still came out ahead by about £800 vs adding three nights to our stay at the InterContinental.

What hotel did you choose?

We are new Regent cruisers very much looking forward to our visit experience next June!  I know that the assigned pre-cruise hotel can (and often does) change, but it looks like we have recently been assigned to the Rosewood.  I'm guessing this is a new hotel for Regent?  I noticed all the other precise hotels listed has a short summary of the hotel including contact info, but the Rosewood is just blank.  Anyone ever stayed at the Rosewood?  

6 hours ago, Navis said:

We are new Regent cruisers very much looking forward to our visit experience next June!  I know that the assigned pre-cruise hotel can (and often does) change, but it looks like we have recently been assigned to the Rosewood.  I'm guessing this is a new hotel for Regent?  I noticed all the other precise hotels listed has a short summary of the hotel including contact info, but the Rosewood is just blank.  Anyone ever stayed at the Rosewood?  

Yes,I was at a conference two weeks ago.

It's a lovely hotel but not in a good area for luxury cruise passengers.

Rosewood will be opening a new hotel in the old American embassy in Grosvenor Square which is a good area, but not for a year or so yet.

On 11/25/2023 at 5:38 PM, jeb_bud said:

We are working on a Southampton to Southampton cruise.  We will probably be arriving in London two days before embarkation.  We are planning to book a F1 Suite now that we are SS Gold and will get multiple wifi logins.  However, after glancing at some hotel prices in London the premium for Cat E might not be as much as I thought it would be after factoring in the hotel and transfer.

I did some searching and scanned a year of topic titles and I didn't find much information about pre-cruise hotels in London or Southampton.  Where are the pre-cruise hotels for Southampton departures, London or Southampton?  What hotels did Regent put you in and what was your impression?  I will appreciate any advice you can provide.

We booked our transfer from LHR and hotel for two nights in Southampton independently for our British Isles circumnavigation in 2022.  We used Just Airports for the former and the Moxy for the latter.  We've used Just Airports for many years when in London.  The Moxy is a Marriott property--not fancy (and the new design where there is no closet) but serviceable and an excellent location.  Southampton was a nice place to walk around with Roman ruins and Tutor buildings and a good gastropub and Indian restaurant nearby the hotel.  We also took the ferry over to the Isle of Wight and spent a day circumnavigating it with a local guide. 

• Like 1

The Sofitel St. James is a lovely hotel. The service is second to none and is ideally placed to see the sights being only a few minutes from the Mall. Piccadilly is also a few minutes walk. Be warned it’s not inexpensive but worth it.

7 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

Yes,I was at a conference two weeks ago.

It's a lovely hotel but not in a good area for luxury cruise passengers.

Rosewood will be opening a new hotel in the old American embassy in Grosvenor Square which is a good area, but not for a year or so yet.

Many thanks!