Emerald Princess Questions

MattnTricia

I do not see any specialty multi night dining packages available like what I am used to on Royal / Celebrity.  Am I missing them ?

Some

Also - our upcoming cruise is 15 nights and I know their is self service laundry. 

Is their a laundry by the bag  and if so is their a pre pay disocunt?

Same question of they have a prepay "pressing special" for our wrinkle able dinner clothes. 

Specialty dining is not offered in its own package but is available as part of the Premier package which among its many benefits includes two specialty dining credits. If you want more than the two nights included in this package you would just buy them alacarte. 

Self service laundry is available on all Princess ships or you can send laundry for cleaning or pressing. You will find an order sheet and bag in your stateroom. Laundry is priced by the piece and Princess does not offer prepay or special bag promotions that you find on other lines. 

Edited by karatemom2

Depending on the ship, there may be 2-3 "specialty" dining venues. Most/ many are quite happy with the "regular" dining rooms and in which we have enjoyed mostly very good meals and service. A few times, we were gifted dinners in The Crown Grill and have enjoyed Alfredo's which is now a charged venue, or included a few times in Princess Plus or Premier.

We love that Princess has self-serve laundry rooms. Also, there are irons in each one so you can do some touching up.

Self serve laundry rooms the machines you pay each time you use one.  You may find using the ship laundry is costly.  There is soap available in most self serve laundry for $$.  In most self serve laundry particularly on the newer ships, you use your medallion to charge it to your folio.  Very easy to use but...

5 hours ago, satxdiver said:

Self serve laundry rooms the machines you pay each time you use one.  You may find using the ship laundry is costly.  There is soap available in most self serve laundry for $$.  In most self serve laundry particularly on the newer ships, you use your medallion to charge it to your folio.  Very easy to use but...

I do not find it costly at all. I bring a few "sheets" of laundry soap and a few dryer sheets big deal

5 hours ago, satxdiver said:

3 minutes ago, nini said:

I do not find it costly at all. I bring a few "sheets" of laundry soap and a few dryer sheets big deal

The "ship" laundry as in send out, not self serve.

No dining packages. The Emerald Princess has two specialty restaurants, The Crown Grill $39/pp and Sabatini's $35/pp.  If you are in a full suite specialty dining is included on boarding day evening. The premier fare includes two specialty restaurant visits.

The Emerald Princess also has two casual restaurants, The Salty Dog Gastro Pub in the Wheelhouse Bar (not to be confused with the Salty Dog Grill by the lido pool), and Vines which is a wine bar as well as a casual dining location.

You can pre-book specialty restaurants on line. Payment is required at the time on booking. You may also be able to wait until you board. When reserved on board the charge is posted to your onboard account and nets against any credit or debit balance.

You can walk into any casual restaurant when they are open.

The Emerald may also have the pop up Crab Shack and Planks & Steamers. Not certain. There is a live from the Emerald going on right now. You may want to follow.

4 hours ago, skynight said:

The Emerald may also have the pop up Crab Shack and Planks & Steamers. 

MissiCruzs or anyone else currently on the Emerald - could you please check to see if Steamers and Planks are available during your cruise? If they are - could you please find out what the current prices to dine there are?

Thank you.

6 hours ago, Abe said:

MissiCruzs or anyone else currently on the Emerald - could you please check to see if Steamers and Planks are available during your cruise? If they are - could you please find out what the current prices to dine there are?

Thank you.

7 hours ago, MattnTricia said:

Great info -  Any chance there is an update on Wine availability by the glass on current sailing?  We really enjoyed the premier package wines our last sailing when we could get hem. 

Thanks

I'll take some pictures of menus as I get to them and post. Vines menu is only 2 pages. And no more free tapas.   You can purchase a raw veggie thing for $3 or a charcuterie board for $12 and something else I can't remember. The MDR has an extensive list but not all by the glass.  There is no Vouvray anywhere. Very disappointing for me. 

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW, here is the wine list from Sabatini's from our 14 day Caribbean cruise last week on the Emerald.

In case you want any of these without dining at Sabatini's, the wines are available in the Adagio Bar next door.

image.thumb.png.75e15cbe036f138bb241a064653eafd9.png

How much are the tokens?  How many for washers and how many for dryers?  Are they available in laundry rooms?  Or do you have to purchase by purser office?  My status for next trip is Platinum-  I think Elite gets for free-- I read that certain ships there is no cost at all.  I like to have the right amount of tokens on hand at beginning of voyage, so I would be set for trip, without having to waste time going back and forth to purser office ( I remember doing that years ago)  My upcoming trip is the first Princess one since before Covid.

31 minutes ago, Jetswdo said:

How much are the tokens?  How many for washers and how many for dryers?  Are they available in laundry rooms?  Or do you have to purchase by purser office?  My status for next trip is Platinum-  I think Elite gets for free-- I read that certain ships there is no cost at all.  I like to have the right amount of tokens on hand at beginning of voyage, so I would be set for trip, without having to waste time going back and forth to purser office ( I remember doing that years ago)  My upcoming trip is the first Princess one since before Covid.

The last 2 ships I was on this year were the Discovery and the Crown. Neither needed any tokens except on the Crown for soap. If tokens are required there should be a machine to get them. I know some people have said they got free tokens but I have never seen those as an Elite benefit. 

41 minutes ago, Jetswdo said:

Tokens were $3 each.  You need one for the washer and one for the dryer.  There's a machine where you do a touch screen order, touch your Medallion and tokens drop out.  It's in each laundry room.  Elites get free laundry, unlimited, but I didn't want to send undergarments out for the crew to wash.  There are bags in your room with a laundry list to check off.  There are prices on it but just fill in the amount of shirts etc you are sending.  They will charge you for the laundry and right beneath it they will credit you saying Elite perk or something like that.  You may have to go from floor to floor to find a machine that works and/or washer/dryers that are available.  Luckily folks on our cruise were stalking their laundry and it wasn't left sitting, but we had to go down a deck to get a machine that was free and a token machine that worked.

If needed tokens are available in the laundry rooms. You use your medallion to purchase them. It's $3 wash, $3 dry. It's a good idea to bring along your own soap cubes and dryer sheets, but they are also available in the laundry room. If the machine is empty, try another deck. There are laundry rooms on almost every passenger deck.

Elite passenger can get free laundry/dry cleaning service. It is normally a 3 day turn around. If elites use the self service laundry they have to pay like everybody else. 

1 minute ago, MissiCruzs said:

Tokens were $3 each.  You need one for the washer and one for the dryer.  There's a machine where you do a touch screen order, touch your Medallion and tokens drop out.  It's in each laundry room.  Elites get free laundry, unlimited, but I didn't want to send undergarments out for the crew to wash.  There are bags in your room with a laundry list to check off.  There are prices on it but just fill in the amount of shirts etc you are sending.  They will charge you for the laundry and right beneath it they will credit you saying Elite perk or something like that.  You may have to go from floor to floor to find a machine that works and/or washer/dryers that are available.  Luckily folks on our cruise were stalking their laundry and it wasn't left sitting, but we had to go down a deck to get a machine that was free and a token machine that worked.

We took a ziplock baggie with Tide pods and dryer sheets.

1 minute ago, skynight said:

If needed tokens are available in the laundry rooms. You use your medallion to purchase them. It's $3 wash, $3 dry. It's a good idea to bring along your own soap cubes and dryer sheets, but they are also available in the laundry room. If the machine is empty, try another deck. There are laundry rooms on almost every passenger deck.

Elite passenger can get free laundry/dry cleaning service. It is normally a 3 day turn around. If elites use the self service laundry they have to pay like everybody else. 

We had a 1 day turn around on the Emerald, but you're correct, I've had it take 3 days.