Pirate’s LIVE “Family Reunion” on the HORIZON…Dec 3-9, 2023

pirate4me2

1 hour ago, Knights on the Beach said:

Love that your RV has a name! I can't even decide on a name yet for my current car. lol

Hey, it’s our home, and most island houses have names, right? So it only seemed fitting to name her. 😂 Granted, it’s not very imaginative, she’s a Montana, but I did the best I could. Haha. 

Safe travels to KW! I actually booked a cruise the other day for next year that goes back there, we loved it when we visited a few years ago. 

• Like 1

Ohhhhh yeah...the cruising angels are on my side! I found the most atrocious, obnoxious, glittery, Christmas-themed but also cruise themed (at least in my mind), ugly, eye sore of an outfit last year right before our Mardi Gras cruise. I bought it and paraded around on Mardi Gras in it one evening, much to Chris's horror. He HATES this outfit. Well, I went looking for it again a few months ago when I did my wardrobe change-out (downside of living in Monty: not enough closet space for this clothes and shoe loving girl!) and was devastated when I couldn't find the shirt that goes with the rest. I mean, the pants and jacket alone are awesome, but the shirt ties it all in and makes it work. I searched EVERYWHERE and begged Chris to tell me WHERE he hid the shirt so I couldn't do this outfit again. His response? "If I was going to destroy the outfit, wouldn't I take those hideous pants and not the shirt?" I finally gave up and figured maybe I somehow left the shirt onboard MG. 

Anyway....on Thanksgravy this random grey shirt appeared on the kitchen table in Monty. I left it there for a few days until I got annoyed, then I rolled my eyes and threw it in Chris's laundry....he is always leaving clothes in strange places. The next day, it reappeared, so I threw it BACK in Chris's laundry. C'mon boy, put your clothes away! Well, it came BACK onto the table and I got mad.

"Chris, quit putting your dang clothes on the table! We may not eat here like a civilized family, but it isn't your personal laundry counter!"

"Steph, that isn't my shirt. it's YOURS. In fact, its the one you've been looking for for ages."

"Say what?" I raced over and whipped it open, and I about wept with joy. "WHERE did you find it?"

"I didn't find it, you did. Do you not rememb....oh yeah, you probably DON'T remember." Chris rolled his eyes. "You had those vodka cranberries and decided that you WERE going to find that shirt in the storage no matter what. You tore that place to pieces, and found it in this random box of stuff. Then  you had the nerve to blame ME for putting it there."

I happily pranced to the closet and pulled out the beloved pants and jacket to pair with the shirt. "Guess what this means, honey!"

"Oh gosh, please no! I don't want our friends to see you in that hideous getup! They will never cruise with us again!" 

The beloved hideous outfit is out to be packed. Tonight, I shall place it safely in the suitcase, and next week, I will proudly parade my shiny self around the ship. 🙂

This is shaping up to be the best cruise EVER.

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

4 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

The beloved hideous outfit is out to be packed. Tonight, I shall place it safely in the suitcase, and next week, I will proudly parade my shiny self around the ship. 🙂

There will be pictures for us, won’t there?

• Like 4

Just now, ZoeyVictoria said:

There will be pictures for us, won’t there?

Ummmmmm.....maybe of just the outfit, not me in it. That's a "treat" only for my fellow cruisers. 😝 I hate having my photo taken, and a photo in that outfit could be used as blackmail against me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

18 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

Hey, it’s our home, and most island houses have names, right? So it only seemed fitting to name her. 😂 Granted, it’s not very imaginative, she’s a Montana, but I did the best I could. Haha. 

Our first RV was named Fran, for John’s real name (Frederick) and my middle name (Ann). The next one was purchased unexpectedly in Charlotte, NC and became Fran C, or Francy. The last one was bigger and nicer, therefore Francine. We had planned to buy a final one, but settled down in a condo instead and quit RVing before we could buy Francesca. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Our first RV was named Fran, for John’s real name (Frederick) and my middle name (Ann). The next one was purchased unexpectedly in Charlotte, NC and became Fran C, or Francy. The last one was bigger and nicer, therefore Francine. We had planned to buy a final one, but settled down in a condo instead and quit RVing before we could buy Francesca. 

I love it!

Our first one, that "we will only live in for 8-9 months while we build a house" was Salem. So original, she was a Forest River Salem travel trailer. But I love black cats, so I liked the name Salem. After we realized we were in this for a few YEARS because things skyrocketed, we upgraded to Monty. I love her, but I can't wait to eventually build our home. 

• Like 3

Pulled out the suitcase to begin packing, walked away to get items, and Divya decided to “help” me. I guess she wants me to take her favorite toy along to remember her by. I do miss her and the furry vampire when we are away. 

IMG_1271.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

On 11/28/2023 at 4:49 PM, pirate4me2 said:

I love it!

Our first one, that "we will only live in for 8-9 months while we build a house" was Salem. So original, she was a Forest River Salem travel trailer. But I love black cats, so I liked the name Salem. After we realized we were in this for a few YEARS because things skyrocketed, we upgraded to Monty. I love her, but I can't wait to eventually build our home. 

We have been full time RVers since 2015....so tell me about storage ladies and gents! But I have adjusted over the years and absolutely love living in our little abode.  We get to "sit" in one place for a few months and then move to another place....I love taking my bedroom and bathroom with me.  Our other travel adventures are on a cruise ship!

• Like 4

Following!   I would love to hear what you think of the Havana Cabana suite.  We sailed in Havana aft wrap during covid and loved it. (got a fantastic price as ship was 60% capacity). I wouldn't get off in Jamaica either - lol!

3 hours ago, pe4all said:

Following!   I would love to hear what you think of the Havana Cabana suite.  We sailed in Havana aft wrap during covid and loved it. (got a fantastic price as ship was 60% capacity). I wouldn't get off in Jamaica either - lol!

We have a Havana aft wrap for a cruise on the Vista in 2026...I can't wait for that!! I love aft wraps, but am wondering how I will feel about the Havana pool deck being below me....I kind of like the convenience of being on the same deck as the pool area. 

• Like 4

I was on this cruise in October! We were in a Havana aft balcony. We loved hanging out by the Havana pool. I also went diving in Grand Cayman, great experience. If you haven’t been to Dunn’s River in Jamaica (and are in decent shape), there is one excursion that takes you there via catamaran instead of a bus on narrow roads. You get on the catamaran right outside the port. It’s billed as a party cruise but it’s not really that crazy. As per normal, no booze is brought out until the ride home and despite what I read in some of the reviews, there was no pressure to partake in the alcohol (too early for me!) I’m headed to Falmouth in March and wish they had a similar excursion with the catamaran as the transportation. Will probably just stay in the port area.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HxFx said:

I was on this cruise in October! We were in a Havana aft balcony. We loved hanging out by the Havana pool. I also went diving in Grand Cayman, great experience. If you haven’t been to Dunn’s River in Jamaica (and are in decent shape), there is one excursion that takes you there via catamaran instead of a bus on narrow roads. You get on the catamaran right outside the port. It’s billed as a party cruise but it’s not really that crazy. As per normal, no booze is brought out until the ride home and despite what I read in some of the reviews, there was no pressure to partake in the alcohol (too early for me!) I’m headed to Falmouth in March and wish they had a similar excursion with the catamaran as the transportation. Will probably just stay in the port area.

That sounds like a fun excursion, I love catamarans. 🙂

• Like 1

20 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

We have a Havana aft wrap for a cruise on the Vista in 2026...I can't wait for that!! I love aft wraps, but am wondering how I will feel about the Havana pool deck being below me....I kind of like the convenience of being on the same deck as the pool area. 

This was our first ever (and probably last ever) aft wrap, as I got myself an upgrade price that will never be seen again due to covid sailing. (moved from L-shaped cabin 7453 to aft wrap 7459 next to it.). I actually loved the location.  We spend a lot of time on our balcony, and actually liked having the Havana area below so we could people watch.  Less foot traffic than a cabin located on the pool deck area, and there was a staircase right near us to go up and down to Havana area.  Very convenient.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2023 at 12:17 PM, josiegracesmom said:

We will be on that sailing too...and how funny...my hubby asked for two things, no Miami and no Jamaica.  Whoops!  Lol.  This was the only itinerary on a nicer ship to get us to Cozumel and Cayman.  My daughter is all about marine animals (we live in Panama City Beach), so we are doing stingray city, and in Cozumel she gets to feed and hold a manatee!!  She is going to love it!!  We will not be getting off in Jamaica either.  Hoping for a great sailing, and see you soon! 

I am with your hubby 100%!😁

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, pe4all said:

This was our first ever (and probably last ever) aft wrap, as I got myself an upgrade price that will never be seen again due to covid sailing. (moved from L-shaped cabin 7453 to aft wrap 7459 next to it.). I actually loved the location.  We spend a lot of time on our balcony, and actually liked having the Havana area below so we could people watch.  Less foot traffic than a cabin located on the pool deck area, and there was a staircase right near us to go up and down to Havana area.  Very convenient.

Good info, thank you! Chris likes to people watch, so he will probably love it. 

• Like 1

2:58 am: after a few tears saying goodbye to Furry Vampire, we left the camper. 
3:13 am: after a battle with the Auss (“don’t jump on me! Leave it!”) we left Rotten Rotties, aka GrandmaPeasant’s, where she’s spending the week…and we are on our way!!

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Knights on the Beach said:

Safe travels! We left home at 7:00 am and are almost to Key Largo. I hope there's no bad traffic for you at the port tomorrow!

Thanks! So far the drive has been uneventful, hopefully it stays that way! 

• Like 3

On 11/28/2023 at 4:24 PM, pirate4me2 said:

Ohhhhh yeah...the cruising angels are on my side! I found the most atrocious, obnoxious, glittery, Christmas-themed but also cruise themed (at least in my mind), ugly, eye sore of an outfit last year right before our Mardi Gras cruise. I bought it and paraded around on Mardi Gras in it one evening, much to Chris's horror. He HATES this outfit. Well, I went looking for it again a few months ago when I did my wardrobe change-out (downside of living in Monty: not enough closet space for this clothes and shoe loving girl!) and was devastated when I couldn't find the shirt that goes with the rest. I mean, the pants and jacket alone are awesome, but the shirt ties it all in and makes it work. I searched EVERYWHERE and begged Chris to tell me WHERE he hid the shirt so I couldn't do this outfit again. His response? "If I was going to destroy the outfit, wouldn't I take those hideous pants and not the shirt?" I finally gave up and figured maybe I somehow left the shirt onboard MG. 

Anyway....on Thanksgravy this random grey shirt appeared on the kitchen table in Monty. I left it there for a few days until I got annoyed, then I rolled my eyes and threw it in Chris's laundry....he is always leaving clothes in strange places. The next day, it reappeared, so I threw it BACK in Chris's laundry. C'mon boy, put your clothes away! Well, it came BACK onto the table and I got mad.

"Chris, quit putting your dang clothes on the table! We may not eat here like a civilized family, but it isn't your personal laundry counter!"

"Steph, that isn't my shirt. it's YOURS. In fact, its the one you've been looking for for ages."

"Say what?" I raced over and whipped it open, and I about wept with joy. "WHERE did you find it?"

"I didn't find it, you did. Do you not rememb....oh yeah, you probably DON'T remember." Chris rolled his eyes. "You had those vodka cranberries and decided that you WERE going to find that shirt in the storage no matter what. You tore that place to pieces, and found it in this random box of stuff. Then  you had the nerve to blame ME for putting it there."

I happily pranced to the closet and pulled out the beloved pants and jacket to pair with the shirt. "Guess what this means, honey!"

"Oh gosh, please no! I don't want our friends to see you in that hideous getup! They will never cruise with us again!" 

That was one of the best stories!  Now we definitely need to see that outfit!

• Like 2

We made it to the hotel at 3:39, and the room is nice and clean and I will stay here again! The shower was awesome. I’ll take pics of everything tomorrow morning before we leave, I forgot to when we arrived…I was tired. 
We had dinner at a place called Flannigan’s, close by the hotel. The blackened fish tacos were delish! 

IMG_1323.jpeg

• Like 8