How do you make reservations in the MDR for dinner ahead of time

andrek

2 minutes ago, gsmith2424 said:

You have to link your reservation to the Medallion App and then you can go into that and make reservations. 

Bookings automatically populate in the app a few days after booking.  No linking is necessary. Access the app with booking number, name and BD or with ID and password.  Then use dine my way to make reservations.

8 minutes ago, andrek said:

I am wondering how to make reservations for a specific time in the MDR ahead of time. Is it possible?

If not, what is the process to get dining reservations if I have anytime dining?

Thank you

Andrea

• Like 1

2 hours ago, andrek said:

I am wondering how to make reservations for a specific time in the MDR ahead of time. Is it possible?

If not, what is the process to get dining reservations if I have anytime dining?

Thank you

Andrea

First you pray.  Then, access Dine My Way (DMW) in the Princess App and make a reservation.  Pray again after tapping enter.

Seriously, many folks posting here have reported better success booking via the Web version of the App which also offers DMW.  

ETA:  Just saw final post and I see you had success.  Great.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, andrek said:

Thank you for your help! I was able to book all my dining reservations for the main dining room. I wish I had asked sooner as we are 7:40 every night but that is okay!

Andrea

You can change the time to what you prefer.

9 hours ago, andrek said:

Hello MissP22,

How do you change the times? The earlest time on the app was 7:40?If there is a way I would like to know.

Thank you,

Andrea

Using my app you can then slide the time column down to change it to an earlier selection. If not then they can change it on the ship, manually,  for you.

The "time selector" for dining reservations is one of the most UN-intuitive user controls that I have ever seen. Now, it may very well be that you discovered how that control worked and 7:40 was in fact the best time you could get. The first time I tried to make a reservation I thought that the initial time that popped up there was my only choice. I don't remember how I stumbled across how to change the time. 

Of course,  that could very well all change in a couple of days with the new app!

Edited by Rick&Jeannie
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

The "time selector" for dining reservations is one of the most UN-intuitive user controls that I have ever seen. Now, it may very well be that you discovered how that control worked and 7:40 was in fact the best time you could get. The first time I tried to make a reservation I thought that the initial time that popped up there was my only choice. I don't remember how I stumbled across how to change the time. 

Of course,  that could very well all change in a couple of days with the new app!

It likes to pre-populate the time field for you and many people think it's the only choice. Very poor programing. 

26 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

It likes to pre-populate the time field for you and many people think it's the only choice. Very poor programing. 

There is a drop down menu with other times if you click the time.

On 11/26/2023 at 5:09 PM, andrek said:

Thank you for your help! I was able to book all my dining reservations for the main dining room. I wish I had asked sooner as we are 7:40 every night but that is okay!

Andrea

I’m glad everything worked out. 

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton

1 hour ago, sailaway2joy said:

Has anyone tried to make MDR reservations for 2025?  It opens up but says no reservations found. But it won’t let me make reservations.   This for the Sun Princess in January.  Is it too early or is it because of the new ship? 

As a test, I tried to make dining reservations for our cruise on the Sun sailing September 2025 and I received the same message you did.  I’m guessing it’s too early.

I made a reservation for 6 pm dining with a table for two. It was acceped.  When we boarded the ship and went to the dining room, they had no record of the reservation.  We ate with a group the first night.  The next night we checked in and they had the original reservation and assigned us to the Savoy dining room.  I think the original problem was a delay in information transfer.  Mainly, don't get too discouraged.  

7 hours ago, Gunner 66 said:

That's what I said. Won't make reservations until fully paid.

I just made dining reservations for my June 2024 cruise, and I haven't made final payment yet. I used the link Bizziecruiser provided above. This will be my 4th cruise. If that's the difference, you only 1 cruise away!

Edit: The Captain's Circle benefits page says you need to be platinum to get "early access to Dine My Way SM reservations". I'm only Ruby. But it let me do it. Weird.

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/cc/captains-circle-loyalty-benefits.pdf

Edited by Earthworm Jim