Suite lounge should be renamed Pinnacle lounge on harmony

George C

35 minutes ago, Pratique said:

But that kind of proves another point, that occasional suite guests are not in the cliques with the pins and don't have that level of personal info to figure it out. All they (we) see are a bunch of pins holding court in the lounge. It's not like we're going to say, "oh, they're cool, we'll come back later when some seats open up." (Although the pins and the crew would be happy if we did.)

Let's flip it and call it the Pinnacle Lounge where suite guests are welcome on a space-available basis. Seems fair since the pins have "earned" it. Long story short there is a capacity issue on a vessel with limited capacity. They can't make everyone happy so something has to give.

And another point in case.   I am Pinnacle, I sail in suites, though I don't use the DL (now crown lounge), SL, or CLs during happy hour on the ships that still have them.  We do our happy hour using our vouchers in the common lounges, with VCL being our favorite.   For us "Any time, in any lounge is happy hour".  We do enjoy CK however, and will grab a drink in there when we are going to dinner.  

So you won't see us taking up the precious seats in those lounges....well except for when our dear friends invite us in to join them....and they know who they are...."Dave's not here!".  😄 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

And another point in case.   I am Pinnacle, I sail in suites, though I don't use the DL (now crown lounge), SL, or CLs during happy hour on the ships that still have them.  We do our happy hour using our vouchers in the common lounges, with VCL being our favorite.   For us "Any time, in any lounge is happy hour".  We do enjoy CK however, and will grab a drink in there when we are going to dinner.  

So you won't see us taking up the precious seats in those lounges....well except for when our dear friends invite us in to join them....and they know who they are...."Dave's not here!".  😄 

I'm not making a blanket statement about pins. I know that if there are hundreds of them on the ship only a relative few will be in the lounges at any given time. But sometimes it only takes a few to distract the crew with long-winded conversations. And we see the pins on their shirts giving them away. I don't know what the solution is or will be, but it is an ongoing issue. Maybe one we just learn to live with or find another cruise line I suppose.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

That is actually common for first nights on all ships, be it steak night in CK...or the DL, or SL, or CL (though now we have 2 CLs?  😉 ).   

Pinnies that are not in full suites are starting to be excluded from the SL/CL (the old concierge lounge).   It happened years ago with Diamonds being kicked out of the concierge lounges...then over the last few months...the D+ were kicked out.  Now...the new Crown Lounge/Old DL  is restricting Diamonds during happy hour.  

IMHO...the C&A program is becoming a monster, and is a victim of it's own popularity...and over population in general.  

Ok that makes sense , I remember being annoyed when we did our first real suite on navigator a little less than a decade ago , then there was a concierge lounge for diamond plus and suites , we walked in and there were no seats concierge told us we should go to diamond lounge. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pratique said:

I'm not making a blanket statement about pins. I know that if there are hundreds of them on the ship only a relative few will be in the lounges at any given time. But sometimes it only takes a few to distract the crew with long-winded conversations. And we see the pins on their shirts giving them away. I don't know what the solution is or will be, but it is an ongoing issue. Maybe one we just learn to live with or find another cruise line I suppose.

So true.  Especially the long winded conversations with the crew.  However we did listen to one of the conversations and looked at each other raising our eyebrows.  On the Vision, we had a JS 8588 with that fantastic balcony so we just stayed there 90% of the time on sea days.  It was nice with no dress code...😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pratique said:

Check my signature.   RCI is not the only one I cruise with.  😉  

Obnoxious people are what they are...and they were already as such as gold, platinum...etc.   It is not unique to just Pinnacles.  Don't fixate on the gold pins...you just don't see the ones from all levels that are a PITA.  

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, George C said:

Ok that makes sense , I remember being annoyed when we did our first real suite on navigator a little less than a decade ago , then there was a concierge lounge for diamond plus and suites , we walked in and there were no seats concierge told us we should go to diamond lounge. 

The intro of the vouchers program...IMHO...was the best thing that RCI ever did.  🤗

• Like 22

16 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

So true.  Especially the long winded conversations with the crew.  However we did listen to one of the conversations and looked at each other raising our eyebrows.  On the Vision, we had a JS 8588 with that fantastic balcony so we just stayed there 90% of the time on sea days.  It was nice with no dress code...😁

Been there...done that...with both 8588 and twin 8088.  Indeed, spent most of our time on that huge balcony with those glasses of freebie wines C&A sent to our cabin.  

Long conversations?  Ummm.....?  Not unique to any level...or even newbie suites guests.  

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, George C said:

Of course suites guests that have not made it to Diamond, are not allowed in the DL (now technically CL).   At least you had the option as a Diamond (or above).  🙂 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, island lady said:

We don’t go to the lounge for happy hour either, especially on the first night when it’s typically packed. Were only D+ so we can’t get into the suite lounge unless we’re in a suite, which we do sometimes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, island lady said:

Thanks!  We sail in full suites as well.   It actually makes me laugh that they have this mindset that they think all Pinnies sail in inside cabins.  I will wear my pin just to annoy them...and it works!!  😄 

Just to let you know I will be in the suite lounge and when I see pinnies with their pin on I just laugh to myself.  First off the pin is ugly and bulky.   I wonder do you put your pin on your night clothes when you sleep?  I have met some very nice people who have attained pinnacle status and do not have that feeling of entitlement that some do.  Please wear your pin just so I can laugh.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Been there...done that...with both 8588 and twin 8088.  Indeed, spent most of our time on that huge balcony with those glasses of freebie wines C&A sent to our cabin.  

Long conversations?  Ummm.....?  Not unique to any level...or even newbie suites guests.  

Have to disagree with you re the long conversations.  It is definitely more prevalent with the frequent cruiser.  I will take a guess that a newbie suite guest is, from the supposed tone of your post, can't be good.  I suppose it's what the pinnacles were calling us when we were new to suite lounge.  I'll have to remember that one next time I'm in the suite lounge.

• Like 1

I have to SMH at how we as cruisers, fellow passengers & adults come on this forum and try to degrade one another.

Regardless, if you are Pin or a First Time Cruiser you all deserve respect. 

Why chastise someone who is top tier because they wear a pin they earned?

Why look down on someone who has no knowledge or experience in Cruising.

We should all respect and help each other on this forum to ensure we all get the most out of our cruise. Does it matter if we are in an Inside Cabin or Suite? Did it matter if you can go into the Crown or Suite Lounge?

Think about it. We are on a cruise. We are sharing some moments in life that many people will never experience.

We are meeting people around the world, different nationalities, making new friends and will never forget those days on that cruise.

HAPPY CRUISING! MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL! 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 4

33 minutes ago, asctony said:

I have to SMH at how we as cruisers, fellow passengers & adults come on this forum and try to degrade one another.

We should all respect and help each other on this forum to ensure we all get the most out of our cruise. Does it matter if we are in an Inside Cabin or Suite? Did it matter if you can go into the Crown or Suite Lounge?

Think about it. We are on a cruise. We are sharing some moments in life that many people will never experience.

We are meeting people around the world, different nationalities, making new friends and will never forget those days on that cruise.

Bravo...well said...thank you...and God Bless.

* Just finished dinner at CK and sat next to a wonderful couple. Not wearing their gold pins, but we knew they were the 2nd highest Pinns onboard. Very quiet and humble couple.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, island lady said:

The intro of the vouchers program...IMHO...was the best thing that RCI ever did.  🤗

Totally agree , we did drink package forever, but totally not needed even though we are somewhat heavy drinkers , 5 free drinks plus 3 hour suite happy hour , plus 40 percent off wines under a hundred and there were a few very nice selections.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, gerig said:

Just to let you know I will be in the suite lounge and when I see pinnies with their pin on I just laugh to myself.  First off the pin is ugly and bulky.   I wonder do you put your pin on your night clothes when you sleep?  I have met some very nice people who have attained pinnacle status and do not have that feeling of entitlement that some do.  Please wear your pin just so I can laugh.

Wow.. this post wreaks of envy. 

I am Pinnacle, and do not wear my pin... because that is simply my preference. Why would you laugh at someone that wears it? What joy is missing from your life that would lead you to look for people wearing a pin, to laugh at them for wearing what they earned or are proud of? Seems like you should focus on getting some happiness in your life so you can focus on you, instead of focusing on others. 

Edited by Mikew0805
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Mikew0805 said:

I am Pinnacle, and do not wear my pin... because that is simply my preference. Why would you laugh at someone that wears it? What joy is missing from your life that would lead you to look for people wearing a pin, to laugh at them for wearing what they earned or are proud of? Seems like you should focus on getting some happiness in your life so you can focus on you, instead of focusing on others. 

When I read the post that you quoted I thought something other than envy being the issue. I'll leave it at that.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

"Earned?"  Hardly.  It's just paying the monies out to get the points.  Why denigrate this poster?  Its RCI's fault they don't have the space for "pins" and those in suites.

15 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

We don’t go to the lounge for happy hour either, especially on the first night when it’s typically packed. Were only D+ so we can’t get into the suite lounge unless we’re in a suite, which we do sometimes.

IMHO...It's over rated.  More fun to just "ship bar hop" to favorite bars around the ship using your vouchers.  Works for us...and frees up space in the C&A lounges and SL.  😉 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, gerig said:

Just to let you know....I guess you missed that part that my comment was a joke.  And you also missed my post that I don't wear the pin all the time, mostly just to events and fancier dinners.   

But if a stranger wearing little gold pin gets your game on...go for it.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, jean87510 said:

Have to disagree with you re the long conversations.  It is definitely more prevalent with the frequent cruiser.  I will take a guess that a newbie suite guest is, from the supposed tone of your post, can't be good.  I suppose it's what the pinnacles were calling us when we were new to suite lounge.  I'll have to remember that one next time I'm in the suite lounge.

I was a newbie before...we all were.  Back then....I had a lot of questions for the crew and other cruisers.  I most especially enjoyed conversations with the frequent cruisers.  They had a lot of experience, and all I have had the pleasure to talk to were always happy to help with information. 

Many of them are still good friends to this day.   

If you are talking about occupying the time of the Concierges in the SL....we rarely talk to them now, ever.  But I see a lot of others occupying a lot of their time.  

You may want to actually take the time to talk to a few Pinnacles....maybe you will find they are not what you think.  Try to have an open mind.  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, George C said:

Totally agree , we did drink package forever, but totally not needed even though we are somewhat heavy drinkers , 5 free drinks plus 3 hour suite happy hour , plus 40 percent off wines under a hundred and there were a few very nice selections.

Agree totally.   We don't even bring on our 2 allowed bottles of wine now.  😉 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, asctony said:

Perfectly stated...thank you!  🥰

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

When I read the post that you quoted I thought something other than envy being the issue. I'll leave it at that.

I started to use another word, but that would have either got my post removed, me blocked, or the thread deleted... so I went another route. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

"Earned?"  Hardly.  It's just paying the monies out to get the points.  Why denigrate this poster?  Its RCI's fault they don't have the space for "pins" and those in suites.

Yes.. earned! The same way one earns miles with an airline, a free sandwich after buying 5 at a sub shop.. the list goes on and on. 

My response had nothing to do with pinnacles in the suite lounge. It had to do with someone that looks for people with pins, and laughs. It was a pathetic comment.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mikew0805 said:

Yes.. earned! The same way one earns miles with an airline, a free sandwich after buying 5 at a sub shop.. the list goes on and on. 

My response had nothing to do with pinnacles in the suite lounge. It had to do with someone that looks for people with pins, and laughs. It was a pathetic comment.

Yup...I just received a nice price drop from Viking on my newly booked cruise for being a past cruiser!   Helps pay for the drink package.  🤗  And booked my flights to Sydney using frequent flyer miles.  

RCI is not unique in rewarding their frequent customers indeed.  It's good business practice obviously. 

• Like 3