Where Do You Send CCL Stock For The ON Board Credits ?

mcrcruiser

What is the address for Holland  America   in Seattle   to send the Carnival Stock information  to get the on board credits ?  also is there a FAX number available  ?

Thanks in advance for that information 

Edited by mcrcruiser

• mcrcruiser changed the title to Where Do You Send CCL Stock For The ON Board Credits ?
7 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

Thanks a lot .That truly helps 

Cliff

Cliff, here is post #54 from the thread Bruce supplied. It suggests a way (that was working when it was written!) to apply for the SH OBC without using the StockPerks phone app. If you do want to try the app, be sure to choose the Alinea option, and not the Plaid which wants your brokerage data.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2972921-requesting-obcstockperks/page/3/#comment-66440174

Edited by crystalspin
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Cliff, here is post #54 from the thread Bruce supplied. It suggests a way (that was working when it was written!) to apply for the SH OBC without using the StockPerks phone app. If you do want to try the app, be sure to choose the Alinea option, and not the Plaid which wants your brokerage data.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2972921-requesting-obcstockperks/page/3/#comment-66440174

Crystal Why can't we just Fax all the info to HAL's FAX number?  Imo that seems simple enough

Cliff

1 minute ago, crystalspin said:

No one there to process it. They are outsourcing the stock confirmation. Shrug.

Wow any thing to make it more complicated & of course save money in the transition las not every one will have the no how . We were going to buy shares but now  need to give it much more thought , Seems  to me they just made it more difficult for people . 

Crystal , imo they are discouraging people . I need to rethink how many cruises I wwant to book with a company who seems to make it harder & also keeps cutting back on past things that use to be included . It sours my taste for this or any Carnival corporate line . I wish it was different but ,I am getting too old to change to suit a  longer customer /vendor relationship . It becomes principle over enjoyment

Cliff

1 hour ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

This is like asking why can't they use 1990s technology in the 2020s.  Most people find it far easier to email or use an app than faxing.  

If I HAD to fax, I'd be looking for a computer program AKA an app, to accomplish that task!

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

People still fax documents?  Like with an actual fax machine and everything?

Yes, they do. There are many government, health and legal forms that still are faxed. Our library has people come in every day to fax things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

People still fax documents?  Like with an actual fax machine and everything?

That's what medical offices and hospitals use. It's more secure than email or an app.  It's also done in legal offices. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Roz said:

That's what medical offices and hospitals use. It's more secure than email or an app.  It's also done in legal offices. 

I deal with sending legal documents frequently and have sent medical recently. No fax involved.

I use an app on my phone to turn any document into a pdf file to send electronically. I've personally never believed that fax is more secure when there is an entire office staff that has access to whatever pops out of a fax machine. I believe the fire walls behind my Verizon cell phone is much more secure than a land line fax. I suppose I could be wrong.

Actually, now that I think of it, all the medical stuff I've sent recently I have sent directly thru the medical portal which claims to have top of the line security. They no longer accept faxes. Same with my online medical RX company. They don't man a fax line anymore. Everything gets uploaded to their portal. 

Hubby got rid of his fax for his business few years ago and all his documents are exchanged electronically.

But I guess there are still plenty of people using fax machines. We just aren't one of them. 

Who is stockperks ? Why all of a sudden people need to ask a 3rd party to approve CCL stock holder on board credits .

We have 4 booked HAL cruises which represents  $550 in CCL on board credits . If we can not get these credits it is  either my  travel agent gets them for me or I cancel the 4  cruises   3 cruises are under 14 days do they get $100 in  CCL Stock obc  & one 18 day Hawaii cruise which gets $250 in OBC . Why is this important because between the CCL stock on board credits , The AARP on board credits & what the TA gives us in on board credits we pay all our  cruise tips & some money left for the special restaurants . Thus ,if it it too difficult for us or our TA to get the OBCs simple solution ,we do not sail on Holland Any longer . 

Well, it looks to me like all cruise lines will be using Stockperks shortly so that means you will not be cruising any longer either and that seems a shame.

Here is an article dated last week that lists 12 things which have become obsolete. I suspect you were able to adjust to many on the list. Why not adjust to no longer using fax machines? 

1) Phone Booths

2) Typewriters

3) Floppy Disk

4) VHS tape

5) Pagers

6) Film Cameras

7) Cassette tapes

8. Fax Machines

9. Rotary Phones

10. Encyclopedias

11.Maps

12. Phone Directories

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Well, it looks to me like all cruise lines will be using Stockperks shortly so that means you will not be cruising any longer either and that seems a shame.

Here is an article dated last week that lists 12 things which have become obsolete. I suspect you were able to adjust to many on the list. Why not adjust to no longer using fax machines? 

1) Phone Booths

2) Typewriters

3) Floppy Disk

4) VHS tape

5) Pagers

6) Film Cameras

7) Cassette tapes

8. Fax Machines

9. Rotary Phones

10. Encyclopedias

11.Maps

12. Phone Directories

All have been replaced by one device, much easier IMHO

• Like 3

This past week I learned how to pay my leaf removal guy on my phone using Zelle.  

When I went to the hospital for an out patient procedure, the valet didn't give me a paper ticket.  Instead, I got an e-ticket on my phone.  When I checked in at the clinic, the receptionist sent the questionnaire to my phone and I answered it and sent it back to her. 

This is the way of the world.  Don't let yourself be on the wrong side of the digital divide. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1