Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I'd love to give that a try!  Does the package include hair and nail services?  We've frequently used the salon services.

M

Yes, but you'll need to book expensive ones if you want to maximize value

If you look carefully, there is a specific one for hair and nails only. Much cheaper

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I don't think if this has been asked before. Is there a Banker onboard who can issue loans to passengers onboard? Looks to be that it might become handy?

You just need a hi limit credit card.

Kind of a given on a voyage like this

According to spa manager, 10 folks out of 650+ booked the pkg. We were #11

Didn't ask how the mini legs were selling

• Like 5

8 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Back then they'd have us going threw the Main Dining for Immigration, always made it seen unsanitary as people in line would set at Tables set up for Breakfast or Lunch

Yeah probably 20 Cruises on Repos or 11n Carib from Florida we went to A/C or A/B, only 4 were the A/B though one them was 3 months ago. Interesting as never seen Sunshine on B, only once it rained on A and that lasted only 20 min

Dont forget we had a nice sunny day in Bonaire on our Sept repo cruise

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, doghog said:

Is Bucky drinking a Brion Curacao? 🍺

LOL...some Dutch beer (can't remember it's name) that Laurie picked up for him.  She and I (of course) were drinking Sauvignon Blanc from NZ.  Then she and Bucky switched to glasses of Port after lunch.  Hit the food trucks next door...good seared Tuna wraps!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

+1

I put mine inside, as I usually do.  But I always take a copy of the single sheet on my phone (used to have duplicate with it).  Can't write cabin # on the cloth bag.  Though it came back in a paper bag with cabin number on.  Sending out another one tomorrow.  

• Like 1

Bright sunny humid and very warm already this morning at 7:30.  Need to get up even earlier for my walks.   😮 

Charging up my little solar candles.  They work great in the bathroom for a nightlight!  🙂 

20231219_063408.jpg

Edited by island lady
  • Like 15

Day at sea today.  Just chillin, eating too much drinking too much today.  😄

Upper tier party at 10:30 am, Cheers with an officer lunch for Pinnacles just after that.  350+ lunch is on the 22nd.  

Will be interesting to find out what the menu is today.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, island lady said:

Bright sunny humid and very warm already this morning at 7:30.  Need to get up even earlier for my walks.   😮 

Charging up my little solar candles.  They work great in the bathroom for a nightlight!  🙂 

20231219_063408.jpg

24 minutes ago, island lady said:

Upper tier party at 10:30 am, Cheers with an officer lunch for Pinnacles just after that.  350+ lunch is on the 22nd.  

I have to get those solar lights! That’s such a great idea. In the past I would bring a small battery tea light but most of the time they didn’t even last 1 night.

if you can, try to get a picture of the D+ menu of the Cheers lunch on the 22nd. I’m interested if it’s a bit better than usual on this voyage.

Enjoy lunch today!

55 minutes ago, island lady said:

How often are they going to do those?  

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I have to get those solar lights! That’s such a great idea. In the past I would bring a small battery tea light but most of the time they didn’t even last 1 night.

if you can, try to get a picture of the D+ menu of the Cheers lunch on the 22nd. I’m interested if it’s a bit better than usual on this voyage.

Enjoy lunch today!

Ok, will try...but not sure how to do that.  I am guessing they have guard dog at the door, and won't let us Pesky Pinnacles in.  😄 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

Good question!  Though I am assuming with each of the mini legs?  IMHO, would be too redundant if they do those too often.  

They just seem to be doing a lot in the first couple of weeks so you have to wonder.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, island lady said:

Ok, will try...but not sure how to do that.  I am guessing they have guard dog at the door, and won't let us Pesky Pinnacles in.  😄 

I doubt that they are creative enough to develop a different menu for D+ than the the one they have for Pins.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

I doubt that they are creative enough to develop a different menu for D+ than the the one they have for Pins.

I agree...though have seen posts that they were indeed different.  Not sure why they would do that.  One D+ on a cruise posted their "surf and turf" was strip steak and shrimp...while the Pinnies got lobster and filet.  

I will post the menu later today, and hope someone from the other lunch on the 22nd will post one from there.  

• Like 1