Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

On 12/30/2023 at 8:23 PM, crzndeb said:

The ones I’ve seen are on the full cruise.

Don’t know about meetings. 

They have Town Halls every now and then.

I think there is one tomorrow at 9am

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Remember when we were kids and ate "Fluffernutters"?   Peanut butter and marshmallow fluff sandwiches?  Or err....maybe that was just a Michigan thing?  😁  Oh yeah, no calories in that eh?   Wonder if they make a Fluffernutter drink?  😄 

Once a while my DH still makes fluffernutters.   Definitely not a Michigan thing, we live in SE PA.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/30/2023 at 8:59 PM, Denversail said:

Some folks just start doing it as a hobby. I don’t know what “influencer stuff” means. People start things up for all different reasons. I agree that the folks making up stories for clicks is wrong but plenty are just vlogging their journey for fun. Nothing wrong with it.

Even some Vloggers are annoying, with their constant video recording and talking while recording

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

On 12/31/2023 at 2:50 AM, Jimbo said:

Thanks for posting this, finally shows some interesting things that are happening around the ship. Haven't seen anything like this so far on this thread.

My husband is sharing on IG and FB

• Like 1

On 12/31/2023 at 8:33 AM, island lady said:

Looking forward to rejoining Serenade in Barcelona early July.  🙂 

Chatted with Britain's Finest when they were leaving in Fortaleza.  They said they'd love to come back at end and see what happened to us

On 12/31/2023 at 12:49 PM, time4u2go said:

This would be a show-stopper for me, not being able to cook anything for 9 months.  I like the idea of all meals being made for me, but I would want the option to make something myself.

There will be opportunities for full UWC folks to submit dishes/recipes to be served in WJ in coming months

FWIW, all these 'show stoppers' are killing us. You either want to do this voyage or you don't. The excuses are funny

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

There will be opportunities for full UWC folks to submit dishes/recipes to be served in WJ in coming months

FWIW, all these 'show stoppers' are killing us. You either want to do this voyage or you don't. The excuses are funny

Lol "submit dishes/recipes" isn't exactly what I was talking about.  I like being able to go in the kitchen whenever I want, using whatever ingredients I want, to make whatever I want.  I'm not saying everyone has to want that.  It's just something that I enjoy doing, and would not want to not be able to do it.

No excuses here.  Just stating a reason.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Are the fireworks shot off from the land or from the water?

Just how far off the shore are the ships located at?

View of fireworks barges off Copacabana

20231231_103437.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

A ton, no.

Just a handful of slackers

Rumor is we are getting Marc Sebastián in BA for leg 2. It's John's goal to torment him if he gets out of hand. He even added Tic Toc to his phone

Never heard of him, although that's not a surprise.  I fully support John in his efforts, but still not adding TicTok to my phone.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, time4u2go said:

Lol "submit dishes/recipes" isn't exactly what I was talking about.  I like being able to go in the kitchen whenever I want, using whatever ingredients I want, to make whatever I want.  I'm not saying everyone has to want that.  It's just something that I enjoy doing, and would not want to not be able to do it.

No excuses here.  Just stating a reason.

I've learned over the years to forage from salad bar to have them create fabulous stir fry. Kind of a scavenger hunt. Same with salad bar, pasta bar, etc..

Plenty of opportunities to put my own spin on the dishes I eat. 

Today John had them add the fried onion rings from my wedge salad as a garnish to his steak frites20240101_000655.thumb.jpg.81c25dcde079101d2b8fa440b31c3ea0.jpg

• Like 4

16 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Got room, think it's close to 1000 empty Beds

5 are in John's cabin

2 in my cabin

Edited by CSHS1979
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Remember when we were kids and ate "Fluffernutters"?   Peanut butter and marshmallow fluff sandwiches?  Or err....maybe that was just a Michigan thing?  😁  Oh yeah, no calories in that eh?   Wonder if they make a Fluffernutter drink?  😄 

They have marshmallow syrup in schooner

• Like 1

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Nice day to just relax at sea....and one of my favorite things to do on one....read a good novel.  🙂 

Rain this morning has passed us up and given everyone a beautifully sunny day.  🌞  Bucky somewhere up on one of the quieter decks in a lounge chair reading, while I stay out of the sun and just read in the cabin. 

Thinking of signing up for the always funny egg drop contest for tomorrow...just have to get creative with a contraption.  Have never entered one of those before, but always love watching it.  😄 

John can give you some insight on egg drop contest.

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Take a cruise on Adventure. I think the show has been aboard since the ship was launched.

Guess, I have seen it then, did Adventure in 2002 and 2022.  

6 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

Huge take off point for iguzua falls.

A highlight of the trip

My first $1000+ excursion

We really enjoyed our two day trip to Iguazu in 2005 pre cruise on our own before our HAL around the Horn cruise.  Flew from Rio to São Paulo, then to the Argentine side of the falls, stayed at the hotel there.  Had a private tour guide who picked us up at the airport then to hotel.  Did the boat the drove up to the edge of the falls, we all got wet, we were not liked by our French compatriots on the boat because they didn’t want to get wet.  We walked the decks on the Argentine side til, a park ranger told us to get off them because the Jaguars come out at night and eat tourists.  Had dinner went to bed next day they tour guide picked us up and took, us to the Brazilian side where we walked the decks that are below the falls.  All spectacular.  Went back to the airport after a trip to a tourist shop.  Flew back to Rio, met our English friends at the hotel.  Took of the next afternoon on the cruise.  The next day went to Montenegro, where I started suffering from bad allergies.  By the second day in Buenos Aires, our private tour guide took me to a pharmacy where I got some drugs that cured me before we got to the Falklands.  

I doubt I spent a thousand for K and I for all of that.  🤣  Of course, that was 18+ years ago.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Yes, I enjoyed many Fluffernutters, so not just a Michigan thing.

Schooner has a toasted marshmallow old fashion.  Substitute Skrewball for bourbon.  Let us know how it tastes.  🙂  

schooner-bar-2023-menu-6.jpg.webp.5b9d4c12f63c1c18680d9d471319fbd4.webp

Wow...no calories in that either.  Will have to try it ...thanks!  Did not even know there was such a thing as toasted marshmallow syrup!  Learn something new everyday.  😄 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yeah can relate. We talk like this show our age, half time my Daughter doesn't understand and my Grand Daughter just thinks Papa's nuts. GD eats all Fruit's, steamed Broccoli with nothing on it and both Girls on Med style Diet. I was raised on White Bread, Meatloaf, Hot Dogs and Mac n Cheese, with Meat and Potatoes on Sunday

Oh yeah...that Mac and cheese in a box with mystery powder.  😄  

Don't forget "Spaghetti Os" in a can.    LOL!  

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Once a while my DH still makes fluffernutters.   Definitely not a Michigan thing, we live in SE PA.

I do remember them being sooo good!  😄  Was a favorite thing that my Mom would make on camping trips for us kids.  Shelf stable.  Kind of like 30 year old Twinkies!  😁

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

Huge take off point for iguzua falls.

A highlight of the trip

My first $1000+ excursion

We are doing the local cooking experience...does not meet until 7:15 PM.  😮   Will be needing a late lunch that day.  😉