Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

Are they allowing you to bring wine back onto the ship from ports and not holding it? I saw a clip on YouTube, made today, and she brought back a bottle of wine. It was also very cheap.

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I guess so,I guess he is getting his info from another source other then Windy.com.

That site shows Winds around Falkland Island around 21 mph currently.

Been about those same speeds for the last 7 days or so.

I hope you all still get to go there though,that was probably on a lot of people's bucket list.

Winds today and last week are unimportant. Original schedule had us in Pt Stanley on the 11th. Now it's the 15th

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Wannabe's 🤣

I really think the Captain is just buying time because he knows he has to wait it out anyway for better weather to get around The Horn,quite possibly delaying so much to where he might have to miss some of the ports on the western side of South America.

Seriously 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Are they allowing you to bring wine back onto the ship from ports and not holding it? I saw a clip on YouTube, made today, and she brought back a bottle of wine. It was also very cheap.

Yes, John brought back a bottle from Uruguay 

No to the hard stuff 

They have my Rum from Grenada

• Like 2

Just now, CSHS1979 said:

Yes, John brought back a bottle from Uruguay 

No to the hard stuff 

They have my Rum from Grenada

I would imagine some are getting it to take home,  or they have run out of their fave 😉🤣.

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Chicken with cream of Leek and potato dumplings...Bucky's pizza.  He had two large Stella beers, I had a really nice full bottle of Estate Argentine Sauv. Blanc, several apps.....a 2 hour gastro experience.  Total bill...40 bucks US.  Wow...  I think she flipped out at the cash tip we gave her.  

Oh yeah, we are coming back here!!!  😉 😄 

20240109_102551.jpg

20240109_103027.jpg

It looks like your day turned out to be pretty awesome, Patricia!  Great pictures!

• Like 2

We took an excursion today to the Punta Tombo National Reserve.  Yes, we were on one of those busses on the Pier.  We had about a 2.5 hour ride to get there, but boy did we see penguins!  Punta Tombo has the largest Magellanic Penguin colony in the world!  There are hundreds of burrows everywhere and thousands of adult penguins and babies walking around!  We had a blast!

IMG_0688.jpeg

IMG_0699.jpeg

IMG_0730.jpeg

IMG_0726.jpeg

• Like 46
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, doghog said:

Wait a minute. I had to look twice. Bucky in long pants and no flip flops.😁

A lot of good songs comes to my mind about the sun. Since this is a sunset, the song "Don't let the sun go down on me" by Elton John works. 🌞

It was "formal night".   He forgot to bring his formal flip flops.  😄 

• Haha 8

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TYMAN said:

I want to be his Bro too! 🙂 Oh, I'll take a Stella also. 

OMG...wish you were here too!  Good to hear from you!  Miss you!  And you know you are a bro as well.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

They didn't have any decent local (Argentina) beer?  When in Rome ...  🙂

Funny thing is all the restaurants here feature Stella...all of them.  For some reason it is their beer of choice. If you ask for a large Stella...they bring you this huge bottle (quart size) of it.  😮 

2 hours ago, crzndeb said:

Only for full WC pax.  

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

It looks like your day turned out to be pretty awesome, Patricia!  Great pictures!

Thanks!  It was...and always one of our favorite "self tours"...have loved our "follow our nose" tours as the best.  And once again, this one was great.  This is a beautiful port...would love to come back again.  Lovely people.  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, pstone1 said:

We also saw some Guanacos, which look somewhat like llamas!

IMG_0749.jpeg

IMG_0710.jpeg

IMG_0747.jpeg

OMG!!  Soo cool!  Thank you so much for sharing!  Our Penguin tour is coming up later.  Yours was fantastic!  🥰

• Like 5

We were able to keep our same table from last "mini leg"...but though they are nice guys...way too many issues......and not in a good way. 

After finally changing tables to be able to follow them to their new section..(at their suggestion).....we are now back with our beloved wait team of King and Melissa. 

20240109_161347.jpg

• Like 19

On 1/7/2024 at 11:17 PM, CSHS1979 said:

Picked up our first $69 photo pkg covering leg 1. Hard to get 100 pics in, but we tried

FB_IMG_1704656052827.jpg.fa35c97b8ab5208512bb95ad2e927435.jpg

FB_IMG_1704655983567.thumb.jpg.3e79a2787c1a39dfb9916539e20df237.jpg

FB_IMG_1704655995023.thumb.jpg.ad1a40466ae981a05a56d8e7156a2e65.jpg

Loosen up a little and have some fun!  Stop looking so serious all the time.  You are on a World Cruise remember.  Love the photos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 14

1 minute ago, RFerrington said:

This really sucks !  I'll bet you could find a friendly full WC bubba to smuggle one onboard for you !

I have one doing my laundry for me 🥰

• Like 2
  • Haha 25

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Like another poster quoted..."consider the source".... 😉 

I think it is obvious from his responses that he doesn’t mean it that way. Honestly it just kind of feels like bullying at this point. IMO

I’ve very much enjoyed your updates on your world cruise. I’m looking forward to hearing about the rest of the trip. Thank you for starting and keeping this thread going. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 4