Best CCL Sailaways?

havanadaydreaming

Very much looking forward to NYC.

I guess I'd go Miami, New Orleans, San Juan, Vancouver. Can certainly see Seattle as quite nice as I'm familiar with the entire area in general. For me, Galveston and Long Beach rate as uninteresting.  Baltimore was kinda cool with the bridges. Canaveral is no biggie.

I will say that I think my favorite non-embarkation sailaway port so far is Santorini. But honestly, I mostly like them all for different reasons.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, jsglow said:

Very much looking forward to NYC.

I guess I'd go Miami, New Orleans, San Juan, Vancouver. Can certainly see Seattle as quite nice as I'm familiar with the entire area in general. For me, Galveston and Long Beach rate as uninteresting.  Baltimore was kinda cool with the bridges. Canaveral is no biggie.

I will say that I think my favorite non-embarkation sailaway port so far is Santorini. But honestly, I mostly like them all for different reasons.

If we are talking ports…..Venice

• Like 1

1. New York (our home port but it never gets old)

2. Venice (back when it was allowed)

3. Sydney, Australia (the bay scenery and then passing through the two headlands into the ocean.)

4. Malta (beautiful medieval walls/city that glows golden in the evening light)

5. New Orleans

6. Miami

Looking forward to San Juan on the Mardi Gras in February since so many mentioned it.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2023 at 9:08 AM, davy jones said:

There are a number of very nice embark departures, but IMO NYC (Manhattan, not Brooklyn or Bayonne) is best.  Bonus points for Manhattan at night.

Best sail away out there.  New York skyline, Ellis Island, Statue of Liberty, VNB, Freedom Tower, nothing like it.

Well, clearly I'm going to have to book a cruise from NYC sooner rather than later! 🙂

We've sailed from Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Port Canaveral, Tampa, New Orleans, Charleston and Long Beach. And I've found they each offer something different.

Those Miami skyline views are breathtaking! And it'll never get old going past all those big oceanfront mansions and yachts and all the people waving as you pass South Beach! 

Going under the bridge as you leave Tampa was unforgettable! 

Sailing down the Mississippi from NOLA was a new experience for me and was neat to see. 

But our last cruise out of Charleston may have topped the list for one reason only - the dolphins! They were everywhere along side our cruise ship while we were docked in port and along side as was left the harbor. 20 cruises and that was by far the most dolphins I've ever seen! They were everywhere! 

• Like 2