Best way for one guest in room to no show

willyt25

Should you call in and let NCL know or, just show up to the pier with only one guest.  We only have essential insurance so that is out the window for a claim.  Mother in Law needs surgery so my wife is staying back.  Trying to limit the loss. 

13 minutes ago, willyt25 said:

Should you call in and let NCL know or, just show up to the pier with only one guest.  We only have essential insurance so that is out the window for a claim.  Mother in Law needs surgery so my wife is staying back.  Trying to limit the loss. 

How far out is the sail date?

7 minutes ago, willyt25 said:

Three Days

I would call NCL.

They will find out eventually no matter what.

Do you really want them to be searching for your wife? Or trying to contact her?

There will be no refund.

And, to add insult to injury, they may upcharge you for a single.(I've seen that on these boards).

51 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

And, to add insult to injury, they may upcharge you for a single.(I've seen that on these boards).

There is no such thing as an up charge if you go from double to single. They don't charge extra, other than double occupancy rates, for a solo. And they also refund prepaid fees like taxes, DSC, FAS gratuities.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, SPacificbound said:

I would just show up. You've already paid for double occupancy, you can go to guest services and let them know. They should refund the port fee and taxes for your wife.

This is what a TA told me one time in a similar situation.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 12/6/2023 at 7:22 PM, cruiser2015 said:

That's currently a Celebrity thing. He's already paid for 2 guests.

I know the cruise has already happened so curious what you did. Your wife should have been ble to file on the insurance.  My grown son was admitted to the hospital with a brain bleed and we filed and was paid back every penny (minus cost of insurance. The hospital printed up the required form from NCL insurance and filled it out, doctor signed and my check was in the mail real fast.

51 minutes ago, cruisinmeme said:

I know the cruise has already happened so curious what you did. Your wife should have been ble to file on the insurance.  My grown son was admitted to the hospital with a brain bleed and we filed and was paid back every penny (minus cost of insurance. The hospital printed up the required form from NCL insurance and filled it out, doctor signed and my check was in the mail real fast.

What insurance did you have? TIA

Check with the credit card you booked with - a lot of cards now have included travel insurance.  My in laws have had to cancel 2 cruises over the past several years due to medical emergencies and got full refunds from their credit cards including cruise fare and flights.  It took a few months to file all necessary paperwork but well worth it.

On 12/6/2023 at 6:52 PM, willyt25 said:

Interested to know how you decided to handle it and then how did NCL handle it?

On 1/14/2024 at 12:24 PM, vacation44 said:

Interested to know how you decided to handle it and then how did NCL handle it?

I should have come back and closed the loop.  Just showed up without my wife.  Checked in with no issues.  About two weeks later was refunded port charges and prepaid grats.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, willyt25 said:

I should have come back and closed the loop.  Just showed up without my wife.  Checked in with no issues.  About two weeks later was refunded port charges and prepaid grats.

Thank you for reporting back your experience and hope you had a wonderful time.

On 1/16/2024 at 12:33 PM, willyt25 said:

One more question, did you tell them at Check In she would not be joining, did they ask anything at check in, or did you go to guest services later and let them know she was a no show? Thank you~

• Like 1