12-Packs in Luggage

KCcruzor

Hello!

I know Carnival allows the bringing of one 12-pack of soda on board. Does anyone know if they have to remain in the box they come in? To save space in our suitcase, it would be helpful if they could be packed as 12 singular cans, outside of the box.

Thank you for your information!

KCcruzor

54 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

They can be out of the box, but they need to be in a carryon.

Can you carry it strapped on to the top of your luggage/suitcase, if they are still in the box?

Edited by bg2310

11 minutes ago, bg2310 said:

Can you carryon it strapped on to the top of your kuggage/suitcase, if they are still in the box?

I believe so, but Security might open the box, so if you do that have tape available to close it back up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, warren buffet said:

does anyone allow if the rule is either one 12 pack of cola or the one bottle of wine or both?  i did look at the lanquage in the carnival website and it is very unclear to me

You can bring the 12 pack and the wine-the wine is one bottle per adult.  Both need to be in your carry on.  Not sure if the soda is one pp.  you can leave it in the box on top of your carryon.  

I have never seen them open the box but you never know,

Enjoy your cruise!

They've opened my sealed 12-pack boxes on several occasions in Charleston. But they had a tape gun there to tape them back up. Sadly I remember on one occasion a family on one of my cruises last year, they were eating on Lido while we were waiting for our rooms to be ready. Somehow the tape failed and their sodas went spilling out all over the floor of Lido. A few cans busted. Huge mess. So probably would recommend carrying the sodas (even if boxed) in a bag of some kind.

23 minutes ago, warren buffet said:

does anyone allow if the rule is either one 12 pack of cola or the one bottle of wine or both?  i did look at the lanquage in the carnival website and it is very unclear to me

It is both - 12 pack of soda per person, 1 bottle of wine per adult.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, bg2310 said:

To each their own indeed. I really.doubt it's about affordability. I can easily afford a $2 soda, but why pay that for each one + 18% gratuity for a can, when for a few dollars more I can buy and bring on an entire 12-pack??

Not to mention it's Pepsi 🤮 like who drinks Pepsi! 

I'd rather spend my money elsewhere, namely on their cocktails and alcoholic drinks, and stick to the included drinks for everything else. Their iced tea ain't half bad when only for a week. 🤷‍♂️

I love Pepsi

12 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Everyone did..if you go back and watch, the question wasn't what one do you like more, it was presented as "do you know which is Coke"?

Disagree... it was a blind taste test where they asked which one you preferred. The whole point of the Pepsi Challenge was that you may think you like Coke better, but you might be mistaken. 😊

• Like 1

I always carry one a 12 pack of coke (well usually 2 as one for my wife too.) I do this for a variety of reasons 1) I prefer Coke to Pepsi and can taste the difference (remember how new coke bombed when it was reformulated to taste more like Pepsi) 2) I like the convenience of having it in my cabin (if I’m relaxing on the balcony I don’t need to walk to a bar to get one). 3) I use it as a mixer for the over priced bottle of liquor I bought for my cabin for the same convenience reason 4) It’s easy to bring a Tervis or Yeti mug to carry your beverage all over the ship that you got from your cabin. 5) It’s almost always easy to purchase a 12 pack somewhere near the port 6) It does save a few dollars that I can spend elsewhere (just like all the coupons/special savings at grocery store pays for one of our cruises a year.)

When they say it has to be IN your carryon luggage, would it be acceptable to have it attached to the outside of your luggage?  My husband is a packing designer and can whip up a box design that could hold a 12-pack on one side and a bottle of wine next to it that then fits over the suitcase handle. KWIM? Anyone think that would be allowed?

55 minutes ago, Rainman4 said:

When they say it has to be IN your carryon luggage, would it be acceptable to have it attached to the outside of your luggage?  My husband is a packing designer and can whip up a box design that could hold a 12-pack on one side and a bottle of wine next to it that then fits over the suitcase handle. KWIM? Anyone think that would be allowed?

The better word would be "with" than "in." I've seen lots of folks with their 12-pack on the space at the top of the rolling carryon where the handle pulls out. What they are trying to distinguish is that they don't want it in your checked baggage, they want you to carry it aboard. However you choose to do that to make it easiest on you doesn't matter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PayneAS said:

The better word would be "with" than "in." I've seen lots of folks with their 12-pack on the space at the top of the rolling carryon where the handle pulls out. What they are trying to distinguish is that they don't want it in your checked baggage, they want you to carry it aboard. However you choose to do that to make it easiest on you doesn't matter.

Exactly this. I have seen people just carrying the box of soda in their hand. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Rainman4 said:

They really don't care, you can even carry loose cans if you want (and we sometimes do, especially for shorter cruises where we don't need an entire 12-pack). They just don't want you to put them in your checked bags.

Edited by mz-s
  • Thanks 1