Less Options Specialty Dining

Hawkstar33

Upcoming Silhouette BTB..4 and a 10nt...2/24...I'm usually on top of things, but may have dropped the ball on this.  Went on Celebrity site to look into booking a dining package, which is our usual thing.  So either I'm late to the game, or they are just not offering many options. Or is this another form of cutbacks?  For the 10nt, they only offered, 1st nt Lawn Club at a discount, Unlimited Specialty, or a 5nt package.  No Tuscan discount 1st nt, no Murano discount 1st nt, and no 3 or 4nt package options at all, like in the past.  Possibly they sold out early, which is likely the case. Or maybe this is something new because they want you to go for the Unlimited package, I'm not sure.  I also understand things have gone up in price, but a 5nt package for 2, would eat up my entire OBC. The package deal days of $35-$40, are now $50pp.  We may try to work a deal out with the dining staff standing outside of Oceanview each day, or it appears we will be heading to MDR or Oceanview a bit more on these trips.    

There are 3, 4 and 5 night packages were offered and sold out on our  April cruises   The packages are available for our sailing in September and October. 
On S class we always book 1st night in Murano as soon as it is offered as it almost always sells out.

Edited by jelayne

This past August, I was able use OBC to book a 10-night package for a cruise in November 2024 during a short-lived 25% off flash sale.  Afterwards, I noticed it a few times at the regular price.  Tonight it's gone (my guess would be sold out).  Only options now are single nights, 5-night package, or unlimited.  I repriced the cruise recently and was sweating bullets over whether I'd lose the package price because I lost much of the OBC.  Happily, I got an email telling me to pay the difference with a credit card.  Whew!   

We have purchased unlimed specialty dining for our nine night cruise- we do not eat sushi- love the lawn club grill- will dine their three times- 2 times tuscan, 1 time Qsine- whatever it is now called and the rest at murano.  We also get lunch when a specialty restaurant is open on sea days- I think.  

Enjoy your cruise

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

We have purchased unlimed specialty dining for our nine night cruise- we do not eat sushi- love the lawn club grill- will dine their three times- 2 times tuscan, 1 time Qsine- whatever it is now called and the rest at murano.  We also get lunch when a specialty restaurant is open on sea days- I think.  

Enjoy your cruise

The “sushi” restaurant serves more than raw fish..you should at least peruse the menu. 

1 hour ago, Hawkstar33 said:

Unlimited.  10nt. $536pp plus gratuity added......$1200 or so.....Not so special

We have been able to book the specialty restaurants at about $50 (25% discount) per meal when they have holiday sales.  That way you can pick your time vs waiting until you get on the ship.  The pricing has gotten to the point where we do not do specialty every night.

For my current cruise some of the early time slots have already booked up for specialty dining.

Edited by NMTraveller

Unlimited.  10nt. $536pp plus gratuity added......$1200 or so.....Not so special

Was 45% off during the no expired "flash sale"  IMO a great deal, however I already had some good deals and times booked for my upcoming 10day cruise in March, so I did not want to end up scrambling on embarkation trying to book 10 nights worth of dinning.

• Like 1

You know, I just looked at all my other cruises and I have a sneaking suspicion that they've pulled the larger packages in lieu of unlimited.  On my 13-night cruise in Nov 2024, the 10-night package (25% off) was $356 total ($297+$59 [20% tip]).  Now the 5-night is $251+$50=$301.  And unlimited is a whopping $676+$135=$811!!  Whoa, those are some pricey lunches!  

So I'm curious, does anyone who has a longer cruise booked still show an option for a dining package greater than 5 nights in your cruise planner on the website?  Or is unlimited the only option above 5?

BTW, I just recently discovered the gluten-free pizza in OVC is outstanding!!  It was soooo good, I plan to have dinner there at least once or twice....with a GF beer.  Something I haven't done in years.  And reason enough for me to give Celebrity another chance. 😉

Edited by goofysmom99
  • Like 2

Only a certain amount of Discount (pre Cruise) Specialty Dining packages are offered for Each cruise.

Once they are Sold that offer is Gone and removed from the site.

If you are Elite+ you can book onboard at a discount, and I was told that discount also lowers the required Tip.

14 hours ago, maureenk said:

Is there a way to secure a reservation prior to boarding and pay for it later with OBC that becomes available once on board?

I believe you can book ahead of time by calling, but you must pay then.   Call and see is your best bet.   

On 12/9/2023 at 12:02 PM, D. B. said:

Only a certain amount of Discount (pre Cruise) Specialty Dining packages are offered for Each cruise.

Once they are Sold that offer is Gone and removed from the site.

If you are Elite+ you can book onboard at a discount, and I was told that discount also lowers the required Tip.

Yes you can get the discount but you have to book on board, can’t be don’t pre cruise and get the Elite, E+ or Zenith discount.  

On 12/8/2023 at 9:16 PM, Hawkstar33 said:

Or is this another form of cutbacks?  For the 10nt, they only offered, 1st nt Lawn Club at a discount, Unlimited Specialty, or a 5nt package.  No Tuscan discount 1st nt, no Murano discount 1st nt, and no 3 or 4nt package options at all, like in the past. 

with the cyber Monday and Black Friday deals-  I expected those to be booked up real quick.  We sail in January and pickings are very slim now