Can't use Easy Plus Drink package in specialty restaurants?

cvil88

First time MSC cruiser. When I read the fine print under the Easy Plus Drink package, I'm surprised to see that you can't use it in specialty restaurant. Here is what it says: 

The Easy Package covers all the above served in our bars, buffet and main restaurant. What’s more, it also includes Ocean Cay and other exclusive destinations, but does not cover the specialty restaurants 

This disclaimer is under all drink packages. If this is true, we will probably be cancelling our specialty restaurants as this seems totally unfair.

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, cvil88 said:

First time MSC cruiser. When I read the fine print under the Easy Plus Drink package, I'm surprised to see that you can't use it in specialty restaurant. Here is what it says: 

The Easy Package covers all the above served in our bars, buffet and main restaurant. What’s more, it also includes Ocean Cay and other exclusive destinations, but does not cover the specialty restaurants 

This disclaimer is under all drink packages. If this is true, we will probably be cancelling our specialty restaurants as this seems totally unfair.

Thoughts?

The wording you have posted specifically references the 'Easy Package', which cannot be used in speciality venues.

Easy Plus and Premium Extra can be used though...

This is from the FAQ on the drink package page:

Screenshot2023-12-12at17-30-29BeveragePackagesDiningDrinksMSCCruises.thumb.png.8cae455606e10ebb04ab5de8b0023bcf.png

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Match Game 72 said:

Also, the children's drink package can't be used in specialty restaurants.

If you look at the last line on the FAQ image above, it notes that the minor's package can be used as long as their family have either Easy Plus or Premium Extra...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Match Game 72 said:

Also, the children's drink package can't be used in specialty restaurants.

Minors package can be consumed in specialty restaurants too if the minor’s family/group purchased the Easy Plus or Premium Extra packages.

P.S. don't you just hate the fine print ?

Edited by morpheusofthesea
P.S.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Mark_T said:

The wording you have posted specifically references the 'Easy Package', which cannot be used in speciality venues.

Easy Plus and Premium Extra can be used though...

This is from the FAQ on the drink package page:

Screenshot2023-12-12at17-30-29BeveragePackagesDiningDrinksMSCCruises.thumb.png.8cae455606e10ebb04ab5de8b0023bcf.png

I know that it says Easy Package but this is the fine print under the Easy Plus Package when I log in to my cruise. Below is the same wording under the Premium Extra Package :

The Premium Extra Package can be enjoyed in our bars, buffet, main restaurant. What’s more, it also includes Ocean Cay and other exclusive destinations, but does not cover the specialty restaurants and signature venues

1 hour ago, cvil88 said:

I know that it says Easy Package but this is the fine print under the Easy Plus Package when I log in to my cruise. Below is the same wording under the Premium Extra Package :

The Premium Extra Package can be enjoyed in our bars, buffet, main restaurant. What’s more, it also includes Ocean Cay and other exclusive destinations, but does not cover the specialty restaurants and signature venues

I'm afraid you have to get used to the inconsistencies in the MSC web site.

Here is a different example from a cruise page...

"The Easy Plus package covers all the above served in our bars, buffet, restaurants, speciality restaurants, Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve as well our other exclusive MSC destinations. Cannot be consumed in signature venues (Venchi 1878 establishments or Jean-Philippe Maury venues, MSC Virtuosa Starship Club, MSC World Europa Coffee Emporium, MSC World Europa Raj Polo Tea Room). Valid for cruises of 7 nights and more."

... are you on a short cruise to Ocean Cay?

Edited by Mark_T

14 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Easy Plus can be used in Specialty Restaurants. It's the regular "Easy" package that cannot.

Oddly though I can see the same wording as the OP on a short cruise (3 day) we have booked next Summer, hence asking if theirs is also a short cruise...

I'd still go with error rather than policy change though...

• 1 month later...

Just spoke to an MSC rep and she confirmed that Easy Plus IS NOT accepted in specialty restaurants and I can't seem to find the FAQ that was referenced in the post above.  If this is true, thinking of cancelling the easy plus as we plan to add the 2 or 3 night dining package plus we have a complimentary specialty due to Diamond.  Any suggestions or confirmations of which is correct would be so appreciated.  (We're on the Seashore with final payment a few months away) so trying to sort out my options.  It makes no sense to me that the drinks packages can't be used in the specialty but...Thanks.

23 minutes ago, rkline520 said:

Just spoke to an MSC rep and she confirmed that Easy Plus IS NOT accepted in specialty restaurants and I can't seem to find the FAQ that was referenced in the post above.  If this is true, thinking of cancelling the easy plus as we plan to add the 2 or 3 night dining package plus we have a complimentary specialty due to Diamond.  Any suggestions or confirmations of which is correct would be so appreciated.  (We're on the Seashore with final payment a few months away) so trying to sort out my options.  It makes no sense to me that the drinks packages can't be used in the specialty but...Thanks.

On 12/13/2023 at 9:47 AM, morpheusofthesea said:

Go to MSC website. Click ON BOARD in the header at the top of the page. Click DRINK PACKAGES. Click PREMIUM EXTRA PACKAGE. Scroll down details.

I just followed these instructions from the MSC website. Why can't you? 

"Indulge in Unbeatable Value - Reserve Your Beverage Package Online and Enjoy the Lowest Price Compared to Onboard. This Exclusive Offer Covers All Beverages Up to €9/ $10*"

"Variety of frozen and classic cocktails

Fresh fruit cocktails and protein shakes

Well spirits, liqueurs and cordials

Variety of draught and bottled beers

Non-alcoholic cocktails and all non alcoholic drinks 

Bottled Mineral Water

Wide range of hot drinks

10% discount on bottles of wine purchased on board

Selection of wines by the glass

Beverage gratuities included"

"*The Easy Plus Package covers all the above served at our bars, buffet, main restaurant and specialty restaurants. What’s more, it also includes private islands, but does not cover the signature venues."

As many have posted, never call MSC for the proper information.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for both your replies.  To clarify, I can follow directions -here’s the information under the description of the Easy Plus Pkg on the app which is why I asked customer service to clarify in the first place.  My guess it’s just a mistake since it actually says the same thing on all 3 pkgs, even Premium which I hadn’t noticed before. 

The Easy Package covers all the above served in our bars, buffet and main restaurant. What’s more, it also includes Ocean Cay and other exclusive destinations, but does not cover the specialty restaurants and signature venues (Venchi 1878 establishments or Jean-Philippe Maury venues, MSC Virtuosa Starship Club). Valid for cruises of 7 nights and more.  

7 minutes ago, no1talks said:

😅 😂 🤣

6 minutes ago, rkline520 said:

My guess it’s just a mistake since it actually says the same thing on all 3 pkgs, even Premium which I hadn’t noticed before.

It does seem to be a mistake since the quoted text references the 'Easy Package' and is correct for that package, just not for the other two...

3 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

It does seem to be a mistake since the quoted text references the 'Easy Package' and is correct for that package, just not for the other two...

I hope so.  They did change the package name in the Premium one but it has the same description…so odd that no one in their marketing group is proofing their pages.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, rkline520 said:

so odd that no one in their marketing group is proofing their pages.

... a lot of us have not been able to log in using our accounts on the website for a few weeks now...

A lack of proof reading probably doesn't even register as a problem for them 🙂

On 1/23/2024 at 11:22 AM, rkline520 said:

Just spoke to an MSC rep 

bwhahaahahah... now that was your problem.  Yes, you can use Easy Plus in specialty restaurants HOWEVER your choices might be limited especially if you are a wine drinker.  Just go to a bar, get your libation of choice as allowed by your package, and bring your own in to specialty dining.  You can't use Easy package in specialty dining b/c they don't have any of the well liquors or cheaper wines that are covered in the venue.

On 1/23/2024 at 11:49 AM, morpheusofthesea said:

"*The Easy Plus Package covers all the above served at our bars, buffet, main restaurant and specialty restaurants. What’s more, it also includes private islands, but does not cover the  signature venues ."

As many have posted, never call MSC for the proper information.

What does MSC consider a signature venue on MSC Seashore? I wish they'd be upfront and list it. Specifically is Hola! Tacos & Cantina considered a signature venue where Easy Plus can not be used?

Edited by WirelessRoute

Interesting side note: it's not surprising MSC is inconsistent on this because they seem to be messing with the benefits over time. Back when we were on the MSC Seashore last year our *Premium* drinks package was not accepted in Hola! and we were very unhappy about that. I was hoping that wouldn't become widespread and they did reverse it at some point after that.

56 minutes ago, WirelessRoute said:

What does MSC consider a signature venue on MSC Seashore? I wish they'd be upfront and list it. Specifically is Hola! Tacos & Cantina considered a signature venue where Easy Plus can not be used?

At Hola! the Easy Plus package will cover a classic margarita.