Military OBC

rocklinmom

So I am trying to get my dad his Military Veteran OBC for our upcoming cruise. He has had it before on other Princess cruises but apparently they now use a new verification system through some company called SheerID so he had to re-submit the form. His veteran status was not on his Captain's Circle account apparently. We submitted the form on 12/6 (it just asks for Captain's Circle number and discharge date) and later that day got verification success emails. The email says that he is verified and to allow 7 days for the ($100) military OBC to appear on his cruise booking. It has now been 8 days and it is still not on his booking. I tried the 800 number (for laughs, they literally can't do anything anymore), and the online website chat and they just say it's not on record and to re-submit it - when I do that it says "verification limit exceeded because it's already verified" - Duh. Seriously? It has never been this hard to get the military OBC before. I have now tried to message Princess on Instagram to see if I can get any help. Has anyone successfully gotten the military OBC recently? And if so how long did it actually take to post to your cruise booking? 

19 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

So I am trying to get my dad his Military Veteran OBC for our upcoming cruise. He has had it before on other Princess cruises but apparently they now use a new verification system through some company called SheerID so he had to re-submit the form. His veteran status was not on his Captain's Circle account apparently. We submitted the form on 12/6 (it just asks for Captain's Circle number and discharge date) and later that day got verification success emails. The email says that he is verified and to allow 7 days for the ($100) military OBC to appear on his cruise booking. It has now been 8 days and it is still not on his booking. I tried the 800 number (for laughs, they literally can't do anything anymore), and the online website chat and they just say it's not on record and to re-submit it - when I do that it says "verification limit exceeded because it's already verified" - Duh. Seriously? It has never been this hard to get the military OBC before. I have now tried to message Princess on Instagram to see if I can get any help. Has anyone successfully gotten the military OBC recently? And if so how long did it actually take to post to your cruise booking? 

I have the veteran OBC for our March 2024 Enchanted cruise. Posted immediately when I booked the cruise (December 2022). I didn't have to request the veteran OBC as I'm in the system as a veteran. FYI, our last Princess cruise was 2010. Nothing changed in my CC profile. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh wow you had your military status in your CC account? That's lucky, my dad's doesn't show apparently. Or so they say, I don't know anymore. He used it last in 2016. I just dug up the verification success email from their SheerID company from last week and forwarded it to customer support at Princess. Will see what happens. 

23 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

Oh wow you had your military status in your CC account? That's lucky, my dad's doesn't show apparently. Or so they say, I don't know anymore. He used it last in 2016. I just dug up the verification success email from their SheerID company from last week and forwarded it to customer support at Princess. Will see what happens. 

My DD214 is in my CC Princess profile. Veteran. Never heard of SheerID. Years ago when I first submitted my DD214 it was directly to Princess. 

Edited by doghog
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, doghog said:

My DD214 is in my CC Princess profile. Veteran. Never heard of SheerID. Years ago when I first submitted my DD214 it was directly to Princess. 

Yes we submitted his DD214 back in 2016 to get it. I have no idea why it's not on his CC profile anymore. Very frustrating! 

33 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

Yes we submitted his DD214 back in 2016 to get it. I have no idea why it's not on his CC profile anymore. Very frustrating! 

Have you checked to make sure his CC number has not been changed?  Are you logging in with his name and password or with your booking #?  Could your cruise be booked under the wrong CC #.  Just some places to check.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, t&atravel said:

Have you checked to make sure his CC number has not been changed?  Are you logging in with his name and password or with your booking #?  Could your cruise be booked under the wrong CC #.  Just some places to check.

Yes I have his password to log into his profile. His CC number is the same. Thanks for the tips! 🙂

1 hour ago, kiwimum said:

DH and DS needed to verify thru SheerID a couple of years ago after having it applied automatically for years.  OBC did not show up

automatically.  Our CVP needed to go into booking and trigger it.

Just googled SheerID. Never heard of it until now.

GOOD FYI~

Helped a Guest sign up. Sent Form and DD214. After Registering, got verification from SheerID approved. Great!  

OBC never showed up on his booked cruise. Humm... I called Princess.

Gave them Reservation number,  Name, Date of Birth, phone ..... OBC did not come over to the Reservation.

Come to find out, Guest HAD cruised with Princess YEARS ago and already HAD a Captain's Circle number. 

I resent DD214 and Form and was told someone "would get back to me by the end of the day."

13 minutes later I got a Phone Call from Princess that "the OBC has been added."

The Military OBC attached to his original Captain's Circle account which was associated with an OLD Phone number that he used way back when.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Weird how they lose some information but not others. Mine's been on my captains circle information since we started cruising with princess, and then they lose other peoples information. I haven't heard of sheer ID before, but have used IDme before. And thanks to all who have or are presently serving. 

• Like 3

Good news! After spending yesterday working on this and several messages back and forth with Princess on Instagram there is now a "Customer Goodwill" $100 OBC on my Dad's booking. Obviously there are still issues with them posting his Military OBC but they got it done that way instead apparently. It shouldn't have to be this difficult honestly, especially since he had it before and it sounds like there are many people who have it automatically applied to their bookings without issue. I'm glad I thought to try messaging them on Instagram (they don't do messaging on Facebook anymore FYI). The 800 number as usual was useless and so was the online chat. Just glad he has it now! 🙂

• Like 4

On 12/14/2023 at 10:31 PM, roomba920 said:

We had to use Sheer ID when we cruised on Holland America and had no problem. We just booked with Princess after not having cruised with them since pre-Covid, and the military discount was there right away.

That's great! So Sheer ID must link them. Thank you.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2023 at 2:02 PM, Astro Flyer said:

My Military Benefits still show in my Captain’s Circle account added on 8/30/11 and is valid until 12/31/99. I have several 2024/2025 cruises booked with MOBC which were booked months ago.

Just checked my account and it lists 12/31/31 as the expiration date.  I have 4 cruises booked for 2024 and 2025. I first obtained the MOBC back when it first was offered submitting my DD214.  I just wonder what magic you performed to get the further out expiration date.

Edited by satxdiver

45 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

Just checked my account and it lists 12/31/31 as the expiration date.  I have 4 cruises booked for 2024 and 2025. I first obtained the MOBC back when it first was offered submitting my DD214.  I just wonder what magic you performed to get the further out expiration date.

Our first Princess cruise was 2003. Applied for Military OBC. Never had an expiration date. Last cruise was 2010. Received MOBC. Next Cruise 2024. Receiving MOBC. Never had to reapply nor do I see in my profile an expiration date for my MOBC. 

57 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

Our MOBC previously was 2099 after submitting DD 214 in 2010.  Once we complied with re-verification thru SheerID it switched to 12/29/31. DS expires 3/30/33.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, satxdiver said:

I got qualified as soon as their veterans program was announced in August 2011 & it always had the 12/31/99 date. Guess I’ve just been lucky to still have the 12/31/99 expiration date & not the new 2031 date. Obviously my expiration date will come long before my MOBC’s expiration date. ☺️ 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

I got qualified as soon as their veterans program was announced in August 2011 & it always had the 12/31/99 date. Guess I’ve just been lucky to still have the 12/31/99 expiration date & not the new 2031 date. Obviously my expiration date will come long before my MOBC’s expiration date. ☺️ 

The Veterans/Military OBC benefit/perk was introduced way before 2011. 

On 12/16/2023 at 7:02 PM, RenieRaider said:

That's great! So Sheer ID must link them. Thank you.

Oh, I hope you didn't misunderstand. Princess had our military info from their previous pre-Covid setup. I didn't mean to suggest that Sheer ID transferred our info from Holland America to Princess.

It's automatic now, and I see it as soon as I book. The ID verification systems can be difficult, but are inescapable now. The same id.me account that I use to verify military status for Apple discounts is the same one I need to view my social security account. 

2 hours ago, rj59 said:

It's automatic now, and I see it as soon as I book. The ID verification systems can be difficult, but are inescapable now. The same id.me account that I use to verify military status for Apple discounts is the same one I need to view my social security account. 

Apple offers discounts for veterans or just active military?