Grandeur live 12/14 - 12/21

lorimay

1 hour ago, Camillus112 said:

Hello from Dinosaur Land!  I also was in the 7 day cruise and will comment that some servers are new, especially found at breakfast in La Veranda, and some have trouble with English, but they are all very kind and wanting to please.  We received outstanding service from our butler Vishnu, Claudia (Peru), Rodzica (Serbia) and Assapara (Thailand).  I am sure that by the time you sail they will all be up to par.

Thanks for the update and trust there will be “staff smooth sailing” when we are on Grandeur in July. Need a Dino fix…..will head up some time in the Spring. Joyeux Noel!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bitob said:

Thx. My team on the seven day was great. First or second every day and tons of fun. The new team fun but I don’t think we will do as well. I’m just going to save my points. I have 5 more cruises on grandeur. I should be able to get something on my own. Lol

so nice seeing you again 

always try to make "mixed" teams   US and European...

we do not know anything from base ball , Us football at all 😄

• Like 1

Happy holidays 

Christmas goose on menu last night

gift in suite. Lovely paperweight commemorating grandeur inaugural season 

looks like something special will go on at pool for lunch

Today we are in Cartagena Colombia I imagine everything is closed. Thank god I don’t have to buy more emeralds  lol. Very hot day. Viking ship in next berth

i really love this ship

• Like 8

Happy Holidays bitob.  Yes, beautiful ship and lovely decor and art.  In our opinion, all food very good and some excellent.  Unfortunately, the weather disappointed the main reason for this Mayan Caribbean cruise, but we enjoyed it overall.  Hope you continue to enjoy your cruises.

yes mrs Bitob, happy holidays as well from grey Belgium... rain and heavy winds but  up to 12° C - too "warm" for the wintertime !!

had along connecting time in Zurich , and nearly 1,30 delay on the short Zurich Brussels 

the 7 days were great exception made for the last day - the rock and roll  and the weather in general

and the 2 days prior to the cruise in Miami  I spent too much money on that hotel  Marquis Marriott

where guests must pay for beer , wine and licor in de executive lounge 🤑

I will memorise the Arc de T in Paris and the old British currency for upcoming trivia , however not the US sports questions !!! and the left hand hook 

next cruise is Barbados on the Splendor  

happy New year and a great 2024 cruising year !

5 hours ago, vistaman said:

yes mrs Bitob, happy holidays as well from grey Belgium... rain and heavy winds but  up to 12° C - too "warm" for the wintertime !!

had along connecting time in Zurich , and nearly 1,30 delay on the short Zurich Brussels 

the 7 days were great exception made for the last day - the rock and roll  and the weather in general

and the 2 days prior to the cruise in Miami  I spent too much money on that hotel  Marquis Marriott

I will memorise the Arc de T in Paris and the old British currency for upcoming trivia , however not the US sports questions !!! and the left hand hook 

Hope we sail together again 

17 hours ago, vistaman said:

And don't forget who played Alexander the Great! 

• Haha 2

I’ve had a lot of good butlers but Bobby on this cruise is in the top 2 for sure. Very proactive rather than reactive. When they offered me a move to the gs I said only if he part of the deal 

when we moved to the grand suite I pointed out that they didn’t put hooks anywhere. Not the bathroom. Not the closet. There were hooks in the grandeur suites   I suggested he mention it

i just realized he had hooks installed but he wanted me to discover them for myself. I was not expecting that. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, bitob said:

I’ve had a lot of good butlers but Bobby on this cruise is in the top 2 for sure. Very proactive rather than reactive. When they offered me a move to the gs I said only if he part of the deal 

when we moved to the grand suite I pointed out that they didn’t put hooks anywhere. Not the bathroom. Not the closet. There were hooks in the grandeur suites   I suggested he mention it

i just realized he had hooks installed but he wanted me to discover them for myself. I was not expecting that. 

You just helped all others behind you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One final caution

there is plenty of covid on this ship. I don’t know exact number of cases but I personally know 3 people with covid. The coughing on board is very noticeable. 

we never leave home without Covid tests. I suggest you carry one in case you have even minor symptoms so you can confirm one way or the other

• Like 1

On 12/18/2023 at 8:31 AM, bitob said:

This cruise may have set a record for the number of chair hogs 

every shaded chaise has stuff on it. No one in the pool and too early for lunch. They’re on an excursion. Lol

it really disgusts me

And on the current segment.  Once couple had 6, yes 6, chairs a few days ago.  But were nowhere to be seen until after 2 p.m. 

Joined on the 21st.  Lots of good about this ship, but quite a bit of poor workmanship,  (Shower door, carpet in hallway stairwells, uneven boards by pool bar, A/C issues in our suite, etc.)  Automated doors to pool deck have had multiple issues, pool bar had workmen on more than one occasion fixing things - new ship yes but some of it a lack of quality control and maybe a rush to get it delivered.  Today for the first time we did hear our neighbors talking when we were inside our suite - on deck 14 - never had any noise when on Splendor.  Service has been mostly excellent, butler always wanting to insure we have everything, laundry came back same day, and food has been very good, however rarely hot, mostly warm at best.  Entertainment has been some of the best we have experienced at sea.

Lots of chair reservations early in the morning, with NO enforcement of the supposed rules.

And...  a woman with a dog (not a service dog) who takes it to restaurants and coffee connection and I have no idea, luckily for me, where else...  I was not aware that Regent allowed dogs on board.  

Just now, 2SailingNomads said:

Joined on the 21st.  Lots of good about this ship, but quite a bit of poor workmanship,  (Shower door, carpet in hallway stairwells, uneven boards by pool bar, A/C issues in our suite, etc.)  Automated doors to pool deck have had multiple issues, pool bar had workmen on more than one occasion fixing things - new ship yes but some of it a lack of quality control and maybe a rush to get it delivered.  Today for the first time we did hear our neighbors talking when we were inside our suite - on deck 14 - never had any noise when on Splendor.  Service has been mostly excellent, butler always wanting to insure we have everything, laundry came back same day, and food has been very good, however rarely hot, mostly warm at best.  Entertainment has been some of the best we have experienced at sea.

Lots of chair reservations early in the morning, with NO enforcement of the supposed rules.

And...  a woman with a dog (not a service dog) who takes it to restaurants and coffee connection and I have no idea, luckily for me, where else...  I was not aware that Regent allowed dogs on board.  

I’m sure she claims it’s a service dog

emotional support?

could be to detect seizures

no way to prove

not regulated

45 minutes ago, 2SailingNomads said:

Why do they not enforce this rule! The chairs were gone early each day on Mariner in November, BUT many people in them so I couldn’t complain. 

7 minutes ago, rcandkc said:

Why do they not enforce this rule! The chairs were gone early each day on Mariner in November, BUT many people in them so I couldn’t complain. 

On our TA Splendor cruise in April, there was a table set up by the pool bar with signs stating items left on chairs alone will be picked up after 30 minutes and brought to this table. Was hilarious to sit at pool bar and watch miscreants do the walk of shame. And it was rigorously enforced. We had a lady with a dog on Splendor on a Caribbean cruise just over a year ago…..very special attention as it was Shania Twain. Rules should be rules for ALL PAYING PASSENGERS. And I am betting, Ms Twain in the Regent Suite had a sweetheart deal. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, bitob said:

I’m sure she claims it’s a service dog

emotional support?

could be to detect seizures

no way to prove

not regulated

imho dogs should be banned  exception for blind guide dogs !!!

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Gpilon said:

On our TA Splendor cruise in April, there was a table set up by the pool bar with signs stating items left on chairs alone will be picked up after 30 minutes and brought to this table.

A group of us on the January 21st Splendor sailing were instrumental in getting Regent to set rules fleet-wide regarding saving lounge chairs.  Here's a link to a thread I started regarding this issue last February.

Stephane Carriou, Food and Beverage Director, was instrumental in getting the fleet-wide policy activated.  I believe he's onboard now, so I'm puzzled why the policy is not in effect.

We're on Grandeur for a B2B2B beginning January 26 and really don't want to have to reinvent the wheel.  I've written to Regent regarding this and suggest anyone who is sailing on Grandeur in the next few months to do the same.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, vistaman said:

imho dogs should be banned  exception for blind guide dogs !!!

I think you meant all dogs should be banned, unless they are a guide dog for a visually impaired person.  I don’t totally agree with you,  there are others dogs that provide a service, but folks do seem to take advantage of this.  

1 hour ago, irishwitchy said:

I think you meant all dogs should be banned, unless they are a guide dog for a visually impaired person.  I don’t totally agree with you,  there are others dogs that provide a service, but folks do seem to take advantage of this.  

That's the problem. It's too easy to claim a dog is "needed," and get a certificate stating such. Heck, I "need" my dog too, but I don't need to subject others to her while on a cruise. My (controversial?) opinion is that it's a selfish person who'd fake a certificate to bring an animal on board who would be a nuisance to those who don't want to be around them. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, -Lew- said:

A group of us on the January 21st Splendor sailing were instrumental in getting Regent to set rules fleet-wide regarding saving lounge chairs.  Here's a link to a thread I started regarding this issue last February.

Stephane Carriou, Food and Beverage Director, was instrumental in getting the fleet-wide policy activated.  I believe he's onboard now, so I'm puzzled why the policy is not in effect.

We're on Grandeur for a B2B2B beginning January 26 and really don't want to have to reinvent the wheel.  I've written to Regent regarding this and suggest anyone who is sailing on Grandeur in the next few months to do the same.

he is on board. it gets worse each day