LIVE from the Viking Neptune World Cruise includes FTL and LA

BobCatter

The next two days are supposed to be in Melbourne then Philip Island then a sea day followed by Eden then arriving Sydney the 17th for a three day stay. Any further out is pure speculation on this cruise.🚢🍺🥃😎

1 minute ago, Jim Avery said:

The next two days are supposed to be in Melbourne then Philip Island then a sea day followed by Eden then arriving Sydney the 17th for a three day stay. Any further out is pure speculation on this cruise.🚢🍺🥃😎

Darn it!  We will just miss you in Sydney as we are there the 15th and 16th.  But maybe some of us can meet up in Melbourne/Geelong as we are porting there on the 12th (tomorrow).  I'll be heading south to see the 12 Apostles on that day if any Neptunites are going there.

16 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

Really regretting we didn’t take the lesser category room on Neptune. I missed how many more places yall  overnight and double overnight. So Hobart was never on your itinerary?

22 hours ago, UWDawg said:

Did you see me waving to you from outside deck 8 Explorer's Lounge?  Wish we could meet up.

I did see you waving. 

But who had the Jolly Roger flag? Ha

It would be awesome if the two ships could meet up oh what a party that might be. 

Cheers, until our paths maybe cross again. 🥂 🛳

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

Hobart was but it changed long ago.

Yep... Hobart was removed back on 1 July 2023

The Royal Hobart Regatta is a three-day event that runs over the weekend of the second Monday each February. The Monday is a public holiday for a large part of southern and eastern Tasmania. 

Just got the email from Viking cancelling Hobart, Tasmania and putting an extra night in Melbourne.  There will be lots more changes before we see the Cutty Sark in Greenwich.  Just the way it goes on sea voyages.🍹

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

Are you sure you have a three day stay?  Was just looking at the Sydney Port Schedule hoping we wouldn’t again be relegated to White Bay  for our overnight there next week - alas we are😢.  But the schedule shows Neptune at the Overseas Terminal on the 17th (lucky you!) but at White Bay on the 18th and departing on the 18th from there. Maybe the recent itinerary changes have resulted in the additional night you mention?

If they throw on the harbour cruise as an additional included excursion like they did during our unexpected stop, highly recommend going, especially if anyone hasn’t been to Sydney before. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Wavetripper said:

As we get closer to Australia/Melbourne a beautiful site to see our World Cruise sister ship the Sky and dolphins many dolphins in a relatively calm sea. Great day!

DSC07042.JPG

DSC07034.JPG

We were close enough that I could zoom in and read Viking Neptune and see people walking deck 2 

image.thumb.png.b6bf3df48347fe1b087fe8a526145179.png

And a few wildlife photos...
A seal:

image.thumb.png.3fbe29ad532695f4f18f5279087e83e0.png 

A flock of birds taking off from the water to avoid being run over by the Viking Sky:

image.thumb.png.8cc062cdfdae16399da4545c92eabe68.png 

and a penguin "flying" just beneath the surface of the water:

image.thumb.png.65f631990175a0acb8d52d6a7c2f7d7e.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UWDawg said:

We were close enough that I could zoom in and read Viking Neptune and see people walking deck 2 

image.thumb.png.b6bf3df48347fe1b087fe8a526145179.png

And a few wildlife photos...
A seal:

image.thumb.png.3fbe29ad532695f4f18f5279087e83e0.png 

A flock of birds taking off from the water to avoid being run over by the Viking Sky:

image.thumb.png.8cc062cdfdae16399da4545c92eabe68.png 

and a penguin "flying" just beneath the surface of the water:

image.thumb.png.65f631990175a0acb8d52d6a7c2f7d7e.png

Wow! Great pictures-can I post on my Instagram giving due credit?

I can’t get my dolphin video to upload but will keep trying!

21 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

Well yall will always have Kauai. We had Honolulu and Honolulu.😎

I’d have preferred that rather than just a Sunday there-still haven’t made it to the Polynesian Cultural Center-maybe the third time will be the charm🤔

1 hour ago, Clay Clayton said:

Wow! Great pictures-can I post on my Instagram giving due credit?

I can’t get my dolphin video to upload but will keep trying!

Feel free.  Share the joy.

• Thanks 1

Loving all these pictures from everyone!

Quick question: Is anyone else having trouble with notifications for the posts they're following?  I've been following the LIVE from Neptune, LIVE from Sky, and the Sky roll call since each one began.  I normally get an email when there's a new post, and when I log in here, if there are new posts on these threads under the little bell icon, the thread titles are in bold until I click on them and read the new posts.

Since Friday, I haven't gotten any notification emails, and the thread titles are showing the last updates as being on Friday.  

I've checked all my settings and everything appears to be set up correctly/no changes since I first started following.

Not sure what else to do, so I thought I'd ask here.  Thanks for any input!

1 hour ago, aungrl said:

Loving all these pictures from everyone!

Quick question: Is anyone else having trouble with notifications for the posts they're following?  I've been following the LIVE from Neptune, LIVE from Sky, and the Sky roll call since each one began.  I normally get an email when there's a new post, and when I log in here, if there are new posts on these threads under the little bell icon, the thread titles are in bold until I click on them and read the new posts.

Since Friday, I haven't gotten any notification emails, and the thread titles are showing the last updates as being on Friday.  

I've checked all my settings and everything appears to be set up correctly/no changes since I first started following.

Not sure what else to do, so I thought I'd ask here.  Thanks for any input!

Same.  Yes, there seems to be a problem.

Yes, was not receiving notifications since about 4-5 days ago.  Sent email to CC re: issue .  Response was it sometimes happens.  Said to unfollow, the re-follow

Did that.  Still not receiving all my followed content.  Just receiving newly 1st time added followed content.  Hope they fix it soon.