Guys burgers sides

geovet

2 minutes ago, geovet said:

Do they have mushrooms or bacon pieces?

No. You can get a "pig patty" (strips of bacon arranged into a patty) on your burger at the counter. Bacon bits and mushrooms are gone from the toppings bar.

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

No. You can get a "pig patty" (strips of bacon arranged into a patty) on your burger at the counter. Bacon bits and mushrooms are gone from the toppings bar.

Oh no, are the sauteed mushrooms are still gone from the toppings bar?  I knew the bacon was gone, but you can get a pig patty if you want.  I LOVE mushrooms on a bun less burger!  I could eat that every day.  So sad if it's still gone.     

38 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

Oh no, are the sauteed mushrooms are still gone from the toppings bar?  I knew the bacon was gone, but you can get a pig patty if you want.  I LOVE mushrooms on a bun less burger!  I could eat that every day.  So sad if it's still gone.     

They were not there on my Panorama cruise in October. I love mushrooms on a burger so was a little disappointed. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RoperDK said:

Still gone, not coming back from what I can tell sadly. I loved the mushrooms too.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Apparently, for everyone complaining about the lack of mushrooms, there were many more who didn't enjoy the mushrooms. They were eliminated due to the waste.

I have seen several posts on CC about people eating them as a side dish instead of a burger topping. If a lot of folks did this, it was probably too expensive for Carnival to offer them. 

2 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Apparently, for everyone complaining about the lack of mushrooms, there were many more who didn't enjoy the mushrooms. They were eliminated due to the waste.

2 hours ago, staceyglow said:

I have seen several posts on CC about people eating them as a side dish instead of a burger topping. If a lot of folks did this, it was probably too expensive for Carnival to offer them. 

Apparently, there is disagreement on why the mushrooms are gone.  Only the bean counters know for sure.  Whatever the reason for eliminating them, I am still disappointed and will miss them. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, RoperDK said:

You can go and get some from the pizza place, I did.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RoperDK said:

Do they really give you a dish of sauteed mushrooms there?  Can you get some pepperoni slices to snack on, too?  Lol.

I took a little bowl from the buffett and they were not busy, it was about 11:30, and I bet they would peperoni too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RoperDK said:

Do they really give you a dish of sauteed mushrooms there?  Can you get some pepperoni slices to snack on, too?  Lol.

The pizza parlor isn't a buffet so don't be surprised if you're told no. Especially if they're busy, which they often are.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, five. said:

You can also head over to Blue Iguana for their toppings, if that's more your fancy.

I'm looking forward to the Blue Iguana on my Feb cruise.  I enjoy having a taco shell full of fixings followed by a fresh slice of watermelon from the toppings bar.  It's a perfect lunch for me.  Royal has El Loco Fresh, but it is mainly premade mediocre offerings.  They are heavy on the tortilla and light on the filling and I only like the filling.  No tortilla for me.     

25 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

I'm looking forward to the Blue Iguana on my Feb cruise.  I enjoy having a taco shell full of fixings followed by a fresh slice of watermelon from the toppings bar.  It's a perfect lunch for me.  Royal has El Loco Fresh, but it is mainly premade mediocre offerings.  They are heavy on the tortilla and light on the filling and I only like the filling.  No tortilla for me.     

Do you mean the fried taco salad shells? Blue Iguana doesn't serve those anymore.

47 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

Yes, that's what I meant.  Bummer.  Hopefully they will have a plate or bowl to use instead.  

I think they'll do burrito bowls yes but they don't do the fried taco salad shells anymore. My wife loved them, she misses them! Honestly it's one reason why she doesn't want to book another Carnival cruise - that was her "chocolates on the pillow" moment.

• Like 2