First time sailing on Celebrity- Specialty dining question on Equinox

hrmkr

Hello everyone,

We are taking on first cruise on Celebrity on the Equinox at the end of February.  We are interested in eating at 1 or 2 Specialty Dining Restaurants and wanted to get people's opinions good/bad.  Le Petit Chef, Murano and Tuscan Grille.

Thanks for you help.

Happy sailing!

It's been a looonnng time ago, but Murano and Tuscan have both been around THAT long.  Tuscan is my vote.  Not just for the excellent food, but the views as well.  I think Murano had them beat for service, but really, just by a hair.  The food was superior to Murano a looooonnnng time ago.  

Our choices:

1--Murano-- Excellent food, beautifully presented---French service ( some dishes prepared at table side and served with a spoon and fork ), relaxing dining.

2--Tuscan Grille--- Food very good, excellent service -- great view ( if seated at a rear window overlooking the wake)-- 

3--Le Petit Chef -- I think there are lots of people that do like it.

Never tried it-- seems like a " gimmick " ( a video on your plate showing the food to be served )--- No patience --I go to eat, not watch a video ( LOL)

• Like 1

We don't do Petit Chef because all diners have to be finished with one course before the next will be served. I want my courses to come when I have finished one course and await the next...not when EVERYONE in the venue is ready for the next course. . 

• Like 1

My wife and I did Tuscan on Equinox in May and it was fantastic. The restaurant is at the aft of the ship so you'll get beautiful views of the wake at night. My only contention is they sing "happy birthday" in Italian A LOT.

Other than that Tuscan has my vote.

We've enjoyed all 3 of these specialty restaurants on various S class ships. We're cruising on Equinox this Feb and have purchased a specialty dining package. My favorite is Murano, especially the lobster cooked tableside. 2nd is Tuscan, as others mentioned nice view if you like eating early. 3rd is Petit Chef. If you like the dinner show aspect, although with limited menu choices, then I'd move Petit Chef up the list. 

Murano and Tuscan are hit or miss but the best you get on the Equinox. LPC is a gimmicky venue geared for the kids. For Lunch Sushi on 5 is an excellent choice. I think Celebrity has priced their SR way out of line compared to other cruise lines, look for flash sales when they are discounted 40-50%.

Edited by terrydtx

On 12/16/2023 at 7:56 PM, hrmkr said:

Hello everyone,

We are taking on first cruise on Celebrity on the Equinox at the end of February.  We are interested in eating at 1 or 2 Specialty Dining Restaurants and wanted to get people's opinions good/bad.  Le Petit Chef, Murano and Tuscan Grille.

Thanks for you help.

Happy sailing!

All good advice above. I would recommend booking the date and time you desire instead of a package, unless you do not care too much about when you dine. You can book early and as long as there is availability at the restaurant cancel if a discount comes along. The first night is normally discounted too.

On 12/17/2023 at 2:30 PM, kathynorth said:

We've enjoyed all 3 of these specialty restaurants on various S class ships. We're cruising on Equinox this Feb and have purchased a specialty dining package. My favorite is Murano, especially the lobster cooked tableside. 2nd is Tuscan, as others mentioned nice view if you like eating early. 3rd is Petit Chef. If you like the dinner show aspect, although with limited menu choices, then I'd move Petit Chef up the list. 

We will also be on the Equinox in Feb. We are sailing on the 24th.  You?

• Like 1

On 12/17/2023 at 2:17 PM, terrydtx said:

Murano and Tuscan are hit or miss but the best you get on the Equinox. LPC is a gimmicky venue geared for the kids. For Lunch Sushi on 5 is an excellent choice. I think Celebrity has priced their SR way out of line compared to other cruise lines, look for flash sales when they are discounted 40-50%.

LPC a gimmicky venue geared for kids? I notice 99% of the guests are Adults. I suggest trying it Once and decide if it's for you. 

I must be young at Heart.? Been there 12 times since first introduced on Edge in 2018.

The Videos change and I think they are up to number 5.

The best menu is the one with Lobster or Filet. Ask what nights that is available.

I do agree that All specialty dining charges at the Full price are no longer worth it. If booked pre cruise at a Flash Sale discount I still do them.

Lawn Club Grill on Reflection and Silhouette are My favorites.

Le Petit Chef is my favorite specialty restaurant on celebrity, did it twice last March on Summit and May do it 3 times next March, have a royal suite which gives us free specialty, food was really good and we like the animation. There is always two choices for the four course meal , you can pick from primary or secondary for each course.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, D. B. said:

LPC a gimmicky venue geared for kids? I notice 99% of the guests are Adults. I suggest trying it Once and decide if it's for you. 

We did LPC on the Equinox in 2021 and it was 50% kids and the food was not worth the cover charge. Not again sorry, but there are better places for food than LPC. Food is subjective but this is our opinion. I am sure many like it or it would have been replaced.