Can't Book The Catch by Rudi on Discovery

CruiseMob

On 12/17/2023 at 3:50 PM, memoak said:

They only book a limited amount of tables at any specialty venue in advance. We have always been able to get into most every restaurant while on board when eating after 7:30 or so.

Nope not this time with Catch.

On 12/17/2023 at 3:35 PM, CruiseMob said:

For some reason I can't book The Catch. I booked both The Crown and Sabatinis but it shows an error every day and time combination I try for The Catch, including early port days which I expected to be open. Is anyone else having this problem? Is it possible they are totally sold out?

We are back on the Discovery in early Feb, having been on her in October. When I access the DMW section on the phone app, I have no issues finding and selecting The Catch. I can get as far as committing to pay, which I won't do as we already have two SD bookings through the Premier package and I don't want to pre-pay for another, but The Catch shows up as fully available for us. It shows as available for a variety of dates and times of day as well. 

20 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I was not sure myself, but here is a deck plan shot for deck 7 on Discovery.  It appears that The Catch is indeed operational.  This is from Princess.com website

image.thumb.png.26d1778bad7122af2643185ed56e200c.png

It opened a couple of weeks ago.
 At the beginning of November, they were switching out the sign when we were disembarking.  

43 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

We are back on the Discovery in early Feb, having been on her in October. When I access the DMW section on the phone app, I have no issues finding and selecting The Catch. I can get as far as committing to pay, which I won't do as we already have two SD bookings through the Premier package and I don't want to pre-pay for another, but The Catch shows up as fully available for us. It shows as available for a variety of dates and times of day as well. 

I can see it as an option and select it, but then it gives me the error after pay page. So it looks available but then errors. 

Edited by CruiseMob
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, CruiseMob said:

I can see it as an option and select it, but then it gives me the error after pay page. So it looks available but then errors. 

Got it. I never made it that far as I didn't want to actually pay. Worst case, you probably wouldn't have any problem booking it once on board, assuming you make a booking as soon as you board.

2 hours ago, suzyed said:

Why would you need to purchase Premier when we can book the other experiences including 360?

I’ve been trying to book Rudy’s since November.  Every time I press confirm - the error message appears. I called Princess twice and they were unable to book it either. So frustrating! 

I am having same problem in trying to book. When I try to pay after choosing date and time,  these is an error message saying can't retrieve. I called princess and the rep couldn't book for me either. She put in a "ticket" for a work order. She said to check it again in 3-5 days. I sail on Jan 13. I wonder how many people will be lined up day of boarding to book.😳

I also tried calling Princess and like others they couldn't book it either. They didn't offer to open a ticket, but told me "sometimes it can't be booked until 30 days out, so try again later". Which sounds made up to pacify me and get me off a call they can't fix. 🤣 Oh well nothing I can do but try later or wait until onboard.

Please let us know if someone is finally able to book.

2 minutes ago, CruiseMob said:

I also tried calling Princess and like others they couldn't book it either. They didn't offer to open a ticket, but told me "sometimes it can't be booked until 30 days out, so try again later". Which sounds made up to pacify me and get me off a call they can't fix. 🤣 Oh well nothing I can do but try later or wait until onboard.

Please let us know if someone is finally able to book.

I booked it for my January cruise, my March cruise and my April cruise.  
I have the premier package on each one of these sailings and they are all paid in full.  

Like many others I cannot book The Catch by Rudi for our Discovery cruise in April.

The app shows all dates & times are available but when attempting to make the reservation I get the same message as others that it cannot be made. Tried their online version but that didn’t work either on my iPhone, iPad nor PC. My TA contacted Princess & they were unable to book The Catch but did offer to book the Crown Grill or Sabatini’s which we’ll book during the cruise.

Using the Cruise Personalizer I easily made an Ultimate Balcony Dinner reservation which had to be paid in advance.

As I recall the Medallion app began about 5 years ago & it’s still unreliable & frustrating. The new “Princess” app was originally scheduled for release on 12/1 & then sometime in December but nothing yet. To me that’s an indication that the new app is not ready for release. Not looking forward to being their app’s tester again and we’ve been trying other cruise lines (Celebrity & Oceania) in the past 12 months & their apps were trouble free. While they had fewer functions than Princess, preparation for their cruises was easy & it also worked well during our cruises…no frustration necessary.

Edited by Astro Flyer

13 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Like many others I cannot book The Catch by Rudi for our Discovery cruise in April.

The app shows all dates & times are available but when attempting to make the reservation I get the same message as others that it cannot be made. Tried their online version but that didn’t work either on my iPhone, iPad nor PC. My TA contacted Princess & they were unable to book The Catch but did offer to book the Crown Grill or Sabatini’s which we’ll book during the cruise.

Using the Cruise Personalizer I easily made an Ultimate Balcony Dinner reservation which had to be paid in advance.

As I recall the Medallion app began about 5 years ago & it’s still unreliable & frustrating. The new “Princess” app was originally scheduled for release on 12/1 & then sometime in December but nothing yet. To me that’s an indication that the new app is not ready for release. Not looking forward to being their app’s tester again and we’ve been trying other cruise lines (Celebrity & Oceania) in the past 12 months & their apps were trouble free. While they had fewer functions than Princess, preparation for their cruises was easy & it also worked well during our cruises…no frustration necessary.

I had reservations on this cruise for the first and last sea days, no problem, booked through the app.  I had to cancel the cruise, which I did yesterday, so hopefully soon the app will catch up and release some availability.

37 minutes ago, 1emerald1 said:

I had reservations on this cruise for the first and last sea days, no problem, booked through the app.  I had to cancel the cruise, which I did yesterday, so hopefully soon the app will catch up and release some availability.

Thanks Sheryl…tried those dates but unfortunately still get an error message. 😟

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Try adding a different credit card.  I had a similar issue.   Usual credit card did not work as the card was in my name.  My status in the app is Blue.  Added a different card to DH account and it worked.    

1 hour ago, kiwimum said:

Try adding a different credit card.  I had a similar issue.   Usual credit card did not work as the card was in my name.  My status in the app is Blue.  Added a different card to DH account and it worked.    

Thanks for the recommendation but unfortunately it didn’t work.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I *only* use the web version for dining reservations.  I've never had issues (other than just trying to find availability!)

Previously I had tried the web version but it also got the error as did chat and calling and both apps. Waited a few weeks and decided to try again and 🙌 it worked!

• Like 1