What is Go Green Housekeeping

samom

24 minutes ago, Tyler414 said:

The cabin steward will clean your cabin once a day, reducing cleaning products...and you get 3 additional club points.  I've done it twice and noticed zero difference.

One extra day of club points. Up to 24 in the Iconic Suite.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2023 at 3:04 AM, LaCal said:

Cabins cleaned in the morning but at night it’s only a turn down w fresh towels and trash taken out 

Or as we discovered on our last cruise, no evening turndown service/cleanup or anything else either. 

Questioned our room attendant and she said it's because we signed up to "Go Green"

Had to speak to the Head attendant and he then 'apologised for the miscommunication.'

On 12/18/2023 at 10:57 AM, samom said:

What is the difference in the Go Green housekeeping vs traditional.  Is there a down side?

The downside is that the room does not get another thorough cleaning.  It gets a 'refresher' and bed turndown.  I do like the bathroom countertops cleaned, new drinking glasses,  and the floors vacuumed twice a day.  That may not be important for some.

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/1/2024 at 8:17 AM, The_Big_M said:

Or as we discovered on our last cruise, no evening turndown service/cleanup or anything else either. 

Questioned our room attendant and she said it's because we signed up to "Go Green"

Had to speak to the Head attendant and he then 'apologised for the miscommunication.'

We had the same experience recently, too.  We had signed up for the Go Green Program for previous cruises and experienced both a full cleaning once a day and turn down service in the evening with trash removal and fresh towels.  Not so on our last cruise.  Our attendant only entered our cabin once a day.  I should have called guest services to see if what we were experiencing was what we were supposed to be receiving. I decided not to sign up for the Go Green Program in the future instead.