AARP gift cards

gamblinmon

You need to join the AARP Rewards program (free):

https://secure.aarp.org/applications/user/register?promo=AARPREWARDS&response_type=code&client_id=0oa3rtsa6ahTQReOG2p7&redirect_uri=https://www.aarp.org/aarp/auth/callback&scope=bui+bmi+openid&state=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.aarp.org%2Frewards%2F%3Freferrer%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.aarp.org%2Frewards%2Fredeem%2F%3F

Then go here:

https://www.aarp.org/rewards/redeem/#sort-by=default

You can buy up to 5 cards per month at an 8% discount.  Denominations of $100 and $500 (8% off of each of those).  You can then apply them to your cruise fare yourself (if you booked directly with Princess) or send them to your TA and he/she can apply them.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes, you can once OB, go to Gs. Make sure to print out each card, showing the card no and pin.

They like to keep the paper copy. I always keep a digital copy as well until it it actually shows and is used on the account, just in case, but never had an issue. Just fyi

Edited by Musky Ike
  • Like 2

I always keep my paper copies in a folder at home until *after* the cruise is completed.  I have never used them for purchasing OBC while on board...if I were to do so I would take a copy (not my only copy) to give to guest services.  After the cruise I will shred them when I know there's *no* chance of needing them for anything.

• Like 2

So I am on the Sapphire Princess since December 1st. Some of my gift cards were entered by guest services on day 1 of the cruise. However, I had a few of them left and have been unable to have these remaining cards entered by guest services for the last 6 days as the 3rd party software the ship uses has been down for several days. Very unfortunate but what can you do. I wonder if any of the other ships are currently having the same issues as Sapphire Princess is with the gift cards.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, eaflorida said:

So I am on the Sapphire Princess since December 1st. Some of my gift cards were entered by guest services on day 1 of the cruise. However, I had a few of them left and have been unable to have these remaining cards entered by guest services for the last 6 days as the 3rd party software the ship uses has been down for several days. Very unfortunate but what can you do. I wonder if any of the other ships are currently having the same issues as Sapphire Princess is with the gift cards.

Are you sure it isn’t Armondo from GS saying it doesn’t work?

I’d ask Yurii at GS or the Elite/Suite line.  You could ask for the supervisor or an officer like Eunice for help.  Hard to believe they can’t check your balance on the Gc.  You can go on the PCL website snd check. This is not an Aarp card, this is a Princess gift card.  They have already been paid.

Princess.com/giftcard

check your balance.

let us know.

• Like 1

Going in tomorrow to pay for our Eclipse cruise this coming April. I will be paying the entire thing - including my EZ Air flights - using Princess Gift Cards purchased through AARP. Only an 8% discount this time but still a significant reduction in cost.

• Like 2

On 12/20/2023 at 6:30 PM, Thrak said:

Going in tomorrow to pay for our Eclipse cruise this coming April. I will be paying the entire thing - including my EZ Air flights - using Princess Gift Cards purchased through AARP. Only an 8% discount this time but still a significant reduction in cost.

I just paid 15K in gift cards. TA not always to happy with having to input them all, but it saved us $1200.00. The way to go. 10% was better, but I'll still take the 8%.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

I just paid 15K in gift cards. TA not always to happy with having to input them all, but it saved us $1200.00. The way to go. 10% was better, but I'll still take the 8%.

I think this is why my TA asks me to e-mail her my GC's right after I purchased them (would get two $500 GC's per month). This way she wouldn't get overwhelmed doing a whole stack at one time at final payment 🙂

Cheers

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AZjohn said:

I think this is why my TA asks me to e-mail her my GC's right after I purchased them (would get two $500 GC's per month). This way she wouldn't get overwhelmed doing a whole stack at one time at final payment 🙂

Cheers

I just don't want to get stuck with too many cards if we cancel. I"ll get up to 15 the month before the final then the rest the month due. I try to get them to my TA in enough time.

12 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

I just don't want to get stuck with too many cards if we cancel. I"ll get up to 15 the month before the final then the rest the month due. I try to get them to my TA in enough time.

Keep in mind that you are restricted to 5 per person per month so, unless there are 3 of you with valid accounts, you won't be purchasing 15 the month before your final payment is due.

I had to laugh at myself this morning. I went out to my truck to go somewhere and discovered my "extra" $500 gift card I had printed sitting on the passenger seat of my truck. D'Oh! I put it in the safe and will take it to Passenger Services when we board and have it applied as OBC.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Keep in mind that you are restricted to 5 per person per month so, unless there are 3 of you with valid accounts, you won't be purchasing 15 the month before your final payment is due.

Valid accounts is the key word here. It;s actually a valid Email, confirmed with a phone number. We do get 15 a month, Have been for awhile.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

You’re getting $7,500 every month in GC’s?

Thats a lot of cruising and feel a little envious 😊

21 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I had to laugh at myself this morning. I went out to my truck to go somewhere and discovered my "extra" $500 gift card I had printed sitting on the passenger seat of my truck. D'Oh! I put it in the safe and will take it to Passenger Services when we board and have it applied as OBC.

You know, when someone starts loosing $500 in GC’s, they are doing too much cruising 🤣 (I know, there is never is such a thing as too much cruising 😊)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, AZjohn said:

You’re getting $7,500 every month in GC’s?

Thats a lot of cruising and feel a little envious 😊

Saved many years in an account my wife or money manager didn't know about and are now doing 30+ day cruises checking off our bucket list. Every savings counts!!

1 minute ago, Yehootu said:

Saved many years in an account my wife or money manager didn't know about and are now doing 30+ day cruises checking off our bucket list. Every savings counts!!

Love it!

Have a awesome cruise😊

Just got scammed for the $460 I charged on AARP for a Princess gift card. The card has a zero balance. I called AARP and they said call the merchant , Princess and see what happened. I called Princess and they said call who I bought it from because the numbers for the gift card don't exisit. Of course I put a dispute in with my visa and we'll see how it's handled. 

The rewards came through in an email and the gift card had a number and a pin but said zero balance.

25 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

Just got scammed for the $460 I charged on AARP for a Princess gift card. The card has a zero balance. I called AARP and they said call the merchant , Princess and see what happened. I called Princess and they said call who I bought it from because the numbers for the gift card don't exisit. Of course I put a dispute in with my visa and we'll see how it's handled. 

The rewards came through in an email and the gift card had a number and a pin but said zero balance.

You bought on the actual AARP website?  If you bought it from them, they need to correct it, not Princess.  Ask for a supervisor at AARP. 

You checked to see, right away to see the balance?  

Princess.com/giftcard

Or, was this a while ago?  Were you trying to pay for a cruise with a TA?

Watch out for a fake website. 
Did you call the number on that website, or compare the number separately?

Edited by PacnGoNow