Tuesday December 19th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

A late good evening.  It took longer than expected, but the car and the UTVs are washed, and at least, they look better and not like a rolling ball of dust and dirt.  The three worst windows are clean, and since they are the ones that get the afternoon sun, it's nice to to see dirt.  That is thanks to the spray on window cleaner with the built in ability to rinse the windows.  It even lessens the water spots, at least on a partly cloudy day.  

DH grilled the port chops and they were very good, along with a baked potato and sautéed mushrooms.  The only problem was the pork chops were so big neither of us could finish them.  Now the kitchen is clean, and I'm ready to relax for a couple of hours.  

4 hours ago, quilty964 said:

Good afternoon from a cloudy 32 F day in Wisconsin.  Trying to get things done each day here, and also trying to take some breaks! 

The port pictures today look nice.  Thanks for sharing!  Bon voyage and safe travels to all getting ready to cruise!  A few months for us to wait.  

@JazzyVglad to hear there may be a solution to your pain, praying for an easy solution for you.  

@dfishI'm sure your cookies are beautiful, we've decorated each year with the grands.  This year we had an icing explosion!  The kitchen was a mess, be we have good memories!  We dont have perfect cookies, but they are fun!  The 8 year old likes to eat the sprinkles and sugar...mom called the next day, asking what she ate here, if you get my drift!  Lots of colored p##p!  

Have a good evening, Karen

IMG_0307.jpg

The cookies look good, and the memories will be a precious lasting memento for the fun you had making them.

4 hours ago, dfish said:

Here's the best of ours.  I was finally getting the hang of piping the icing.  I'm sure you can tell which ones are Sue's and which are mine.

IMG_3053.thumb.jpg.685cbbfefee4aa3c9546f26f6e511783.jpg

Debbie, they all look good.  I still follow the recipe I found in the early 1970s that calls for painting the icing on the cookies.  The trick is to get it thin enough to apply with an artist paint brush, but thick enough to stay on the cookies.  I'm learning how to pipe some of the smaller details, and if all goes well, that is quicker.

1 hour ago, Mr. Boston said:

My labor this afternoon, my mom’s recipe for peanut butter crunch cookies.  I’m too intimidated by the cutout cookies as my decorating skills are sloppy.  

I’m not even supposed to be eating these!

IMG_0428.thumb.jpeg.e8eca69ee4608be7fb2452f49cdd21a6.jpeg

You should be proud of your cookies, they look good.

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Your cookies are just as wonderful.  And think of the wonderful memories the grands have of making them with you.  We cheated and used the sugar cookie dough that comes in a tube from the grocery store.

As a founding member of the Messy Decorating Guild, I welcome you to the group.  Your cookies are great!

It seems the Messy Decorating Guild is an adjunct of the Messy Bakers Guild and the Messy Painters Guild.  Either you are able to get the results without a mess or you make a mess.  It's the end result and the memories that count.

58 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good cold evening. Well tomorrow morning is the rescheduled appointment with Trouble at the vet. We have the large carrier this time.🤞

@Crazy For Cats,Jake.the explosion at Bird in Hand inn has resulted in 1 death and a damage estimate of at least $ 1 million. There was some damage to the restaurant and it is closed till after Christmas. The hotel is closed indefinitely. 

Sweet dreams to all.

I hope the appointment for Trouble goes smoothly.  We lived about 45 minutes from Bird in Hand in the early 1980s.  It's sad to read about the explosion and the death.

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good morning,

I realized that I never posted yesterday so trying to catch up.  Just read all the posts.

Jim had his MRI on Monday and has the disk to bring to the Neurologisst on Jan 11.

Today he has to go for a Cognitive Exam.  

Yesterday was a busy day and I never realized that I didn’t post.

Hope everyone had a good day.  

Terri

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning,

I realized that I never posted yesterday so trying to catch up.  Just read all the posts.

Jim had his MRI on Monday and has the disk to bring to the Neurologisst on Jan 11.

Today he has to go for a Cognitive Exam.  

Yesterday was a busy day and I never realized that I didn’t post.

Hope everyone had a good day.  

Terri

Best wishes for Jim's MRI results on January 11th Terri.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mr. Boston said:

My labor this afternoon, my mom’s recipe for peanut butter crunch cookies.  I’m too intimidated by the cutout cookies as my decorating skills are sloppy.  

I’m not even supposed to be eating these!

IMG_0428.thumb.jpeg.e8eca69ee4608be7fb2452f49cdd21a6.jpeg

Yum 🙂 

10 hours ago, marshhawk said:

@kazuthis is the recipe-see post above

@smitty34877 and @dfish I will go with the vanilla.  33 years clean, and even a tiny bourbon would be tempting.  I hate to admit that.  But I am who I am.  Dont need temptations.

I’m probably too late but I think the vanilla will work just fine. 

• Like 3