Moon vs Dawn

Observer

2 hours ago, drron29 said:

Agree with @jollyjones.

We cruised on Dawn August 2022 and on the Moon March 2023. The major difference was the staff. We knew more on the Moon than on the Dawn.   

I agree fully.  We were on the Dawn three months ago and the crew were fine. We are currently on the Moon and we have commented on the friendliness of the crew and how many know our names.  Of course on our cruise it may be that as we are only half full they have more time, but I guess if dronn thinks  so on a full ship there is something in it

I have also sailed both ships and would go back on either one. I have found the crew on all my sailings to be friendly and I always enjoy getting to know them. 

5 hours ago, dawntrdr said:

Dawn has the Otivm spa set-up.

Thank you. That is an interesting insight. I know that Dawn has items from an Otium menu available through room service. I found several of these items to be very tasty. I wonder if they are available on Moon as well

Nothing new to add but agree that the differences are insignificant. Personally prefer Muse because of Indochine - though miss the improvement made to dolce vita with the central bar. In reality the cruise chosen would be for the itinerary and would be zero influence over picking or avoiding any of these 3 ships (4 including Spirit.) I’d chose not to cruise on Nova or Ray.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, les37b said:

Nothing new to add but agree that the differences are insignificant. Personally prefer Muse because of Indochine - though miss the improvement made to dolce vita with the central bar. In reality the cruise chosen would be for the itinerary and would be zero influence over picking or avoiding any of these 3 ships (4 including Spirit.) I’d chose not to cruise on Nova or Ray.

Having not long ago sailed on the Muse I totally agree. Even the stairs from the Panorama lounge to deck 8 became a vital part of my air conditioned walking track in the tropics.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, drron29 said:

Having not long ago sailed on the Muse I totally agree. Even the stairs from the Panorama lounge to deck 8 became a vital part of my air conditioned walking track in the tropics.

Yes I do remember going to Panarama and thinking those stairs don’t appear on the moon and dawn. Probably cuts into dance floor a bit.

How did you enjoy? I spotted you mention your Shinkensen ride.I intend to return in 2025 for an extended overland trip. Absolutely loved Japan and the people. So much to see, though annoyingly the JR pass has just doubled in price,  which I’d intended to make good use of.

• Like 1

We also love Japan. Over 100 trips though a lot were only 1 or 2 days on our way to the USA. Currently we are on our second trip this year and 2 booked for next year including a month driving around Hokkaido.

• Like 1