Bit upset

rocker57

8 hours ago, 1412p0oi said:

Well sadly that's what they all do. Like all of my credit card companies do that....

Not so fast.  Most call centers I have to deal with, credit card companies included, their agents seem to have a general understanding of the business they are working for, their general policies and have the authority to correct basic errors.  

The Princess Philippine agents have to read a script, usually have NO idea of what you are taking about and have to put you on hold to get help.  Yesterday, it took 45 minutes when I called in because one of our bookings is not recognizing my wife's Elite status and pricing her Princess Vacation Protection Insurance wrong.  The agent kept having to put me on hold, ask for help from someone else and then when they could NOT DO anything had me fill out the HELP request form at Princess.com.  This happens all the time.  

This is a far cry from the service levels Princess use to provide over a year ago.  To me it just reinforces the idea, often expressed on CC, that Princess' overall product is on a downward spiral from what we were use too.  

The Princess Apologists always rush to their defense when these issue are brought up.  The coup de grâce is when they ask you to take a survey and "would you hire the agent you talked to."  Sadly, I always mark no but nothing changes.

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

The Princess Philippine agents have to read a script, usually have NO idea of what you are taking about and have to put you on hold to get help.  Yesterday, it took 45 minutes when I called in because one of our bookings is not recognizing my wife's Elite status and pricing her Princess Vacation Protection Insurance wrong.  The agent kept having to put me on hold, ask for help from someone else and then when they could NOT DO anything had me fill out the HELP request form at Princess.com.  This happens all the time.  

The CVP that I work with solved that problem for me. All I had to do was shoot him an email.

Apparently, the service is still available...just not from the off-shore call center.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, roomba920 said:

How did you get them to cooperate on a price reduction?

They wouldn't with me and my cruise is over a year from final payment, and is fully refundable.

When I called to try to take advantage of a price drop, I was told it was for new bookings only, but in the past Princess always honored price drops/promos, because what's to prevent you from cancelling if they won't work with you?

That was exactly my issue. Significant price drop on my September cruise, was told no, for new bookings only. I tried to explain to them I could just cancel and rebook so why not just refare? I ended up telling them to cancel and I immediately went online and booked it again with my original cabin. Such a waste of time.

Keep in mind you can lose OBC or other perks if you do this so be sure it’s worth it first. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, rocker57 said:

That’s what I think, they made the offer, I accepted, they sent over confirmation, sounds like an agreement. Who would I escalate it to, and do you have emails?  Thanks

Brings back memories with Celebrity from years ago.  Offer, confirmation, and what we thought was an agreement.  Our 7 day Caribbean cruise with friends was canceled because of a scheduling change.  We were both offered to sail on the same date, same ship, in the same staterooms, for the same price, but it would now be a 14 day TA crossing BCN to FLL.  We got a fax confirmations and started to make flight and hotel plans.  

A month or two later on our CC roll call, everyone posted their names names and cabin numbers.  Imagine my surprise when somebody posted the same exact cabin as ours and we both had confirmations.  I immediately called our TA.  Seems that Celebrity had double booked us on top of those that were supposed to be on the crossing two weeks prior.  Celebrity said it was a mistake and refused to honor the offer made by one of their reps.  When our TA pressed them about the confirmation, they stated that a faxed confirmation did not constitute an agreement.  It is still a running joke between our friends and us ever since.  When we book cruised together, better check to see who else is sailing in your cabin, and was that at a FAXED confirmation?  Oh, and we haven't sailed on Celebrity since.  🤪

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cruisinsince75 said:

Brings back memories with Celebrity from years ago.  Offer, confirmation, and what we thought was an agreement.

Oh, and we haven't sailed on Celebrity since.  🤪

You would think the bean counters at the various cruise lines would at some point figure out that doing this sort of think instead of finding a way to make it right loses customers. And then especially in these times with social media gives them a lot of bad publicity that may also negatively affect someone else from booking their cruise line.

• Like 1

Wow cruisinsince75, now that’s a complete balls up. At least I still have my cruise (well so far lol).  All I remember in my insurance schooling, was an offer and acceptance makes a contract, but again, many years ago. It just seems so many corporations forget who their customers are, and it’s not just their shareholders.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ontheweb said:

You would think the bean counters at the various cruise lines would at some point figure out that doing this sort of think instead of finding a way to make it right loses customers. And then especially in these times with social media gives them a lot of bad publicity that may also negatively affect someone else from booking their cruise line.

I agree with you.  I think that maybe they have signed contracts for using third party customer service agents that if they try to cancel it, it would cost them money.   And since the ships are currently sailing full or almost at capacity, the don't care.  They re making money, and that is all that counts!!

• 2 months later...
On 12/22/2023 at 11:41 AM, azbirdmom said:

Here are the most recent contacts per Elliottdotorg:

Address

24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
https://www.princess.com/

Phone Contacts

Main: (661) 753-0000
Customer Service: (800) 774-6237

Call center hours:

Monday – Friday 6am – 7pm Pacific Time (9am-10pm ET)
Saturday and Sunday 6am – 6pm Pacific Time (9am-9pm ET)

Email Contacts

customerrelations@princesscruises.com

Executive Contacts

Primary Contact
Collin Steinke
Director, Customer Relations
24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
csteinke@princesscruises.com

Secondary Contact
Lorna Warren
Vice President Guest Services
24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
lwarren@princesscruises.com

Chief Executive
John Padgett
President
24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
jpadgett@princesscruises.com

Also, try padgett@HAGroup.com

The 661 phone number is no longer valid. Are the emails still good? Or does anyone else know how to contact Princess not using the Philippines number?

On 12/22/2023 at 11:41 AM, azbirdmom said:

Here are the most recent contacts per Elliottdotorg:

Address

24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
https://www.princess.com/

Phone Contacts

Main: (661) 753-0000
Customer Service: (800) 774-6237

Call center hours:

Monday – Friday 6am – 7pm Pacific Time (9am-10pm ET)
Saturday and Sunday 6am – 6pm Pacific Time (9am-9pm ET)

Email Contacts

customerrelations@princesscruises.com

Executive Contacts

Primary Contact
Collin Steinke
Director, Customer Relations
24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
csteinke@princesscruises.com

Secondary Contact
Lorna Warren
Vice President Guest Services
24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
lwarren@princesscruises.com

Chief Executive
John Padgett
President
24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
jpadgett@princesscruises.com

Also, try padgett@HAGroup.com

The 661 phone number is no longer valid. Are the emails still good? Or does anyone else know how to contact Princess not using the Philippines number? I wanted to add a special occasion for  new cruiser who is sailing with us.