Cheers Package Questions

JTBCruiser

This will be the first time for us to have the Cheers package and have a few questions. Are tips automatically included in the package or do we tip separately for each drink?  I'm assuming the package covers alcohol, soda, specialty coffee and fresh squeezed juice, is this correct?  Any other advice to offer for the first timer?  Thx in advance.  

11 minutes ago, ginger123snaps said:

I'm reading up on this as well.  Looks like fresh squeezed orange juice in Havana and Main Dining Room are excluded.  Not loving all these restrictions.  I just purchased bottomless bubbles for my boys and water bottles are excluded...which is crazy to me.

You bought an endless soda package and you're upset that things other than soda aren't included? I guess it takes all kinds.

• Like 2

Who said

35 minutes ago, mz-s said:

You bought an endless soda package and you're upset that things other than soda aren't included? I guess it takes all kinds.

Who said anybody was upset?  Again, "It's crazy to me that water is not included"....but you are right it "takes all kinds" when you get responses.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, TreyB said:

While “not necessary or expected” the automatic 18% gratuity charged at the time of purchase is divided and distributed among all servers at the bars. If you decide to add an additional tip at the bar, that money goes 100% to the bartender taking care of you. I’ve had this confirmed by numerous bartenders across many different ships. 

I always add $1 per drink at the bar. Believe me when I tell you that this small gesture will get you treated right. 

It's true that an individual bar waiter's share of your Cheers gratuity is quite small, but they also get a share of everyone else's gratuity. So it comes out in the wash. That's the beauty of a pooled gratuity system.

Tipping extra above and beyond the automatic gratuity is entirely up to your individual wish. While in the past yeah I think I got better service because I tipped extra, I'm not sure that's as true as it used to be.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

I've done it both ways, tipped extra and not left a tip and haven't noticed a difference in service at all, it's always been top notch.

Likewise...and if "treated right" means stronger drinks...i've never not seen a bartender not use a jigger when making a drink. Alchemy perhaps, but those are much stronger drinks in general.  Anyway, that's my two cents.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

My experience is that tipping extra helps when you frequent a bar or place, like Serenity.  The Serenity servers have kept an eye on us for refills. 😊

2 hours ago, cruiserbrianj said:

Likewise...and if "treated right" means stronger drinks...i've never not seen a bartender not use a jigger when making a drink. Alchemy perhaps, but those are much stronger drinks in general.  Anyway, that's my two cents.

Treated right means you get "seen", called frequently by name and if your drink order never changes, a good bartender will set you up with a nod. 

• Like 3

Just now, TreyB said:

You should watch a little closer. Yes they use a jigger, but sometimes that bottle keeps pouring after the jigger is emptied. 😉

The collars are what limits a pour but all Alchemy Drinks are free poured.  Don't think I have seen those folks measure.  

On 12/27/2023 at 9:16 PM, Elaine5715 said:

Treated right means you get "seen", called frequently by name and if your drink order never changes, a good bartender will set you up with a nod. 

This.  I was such a regular on Pride in February, the bartenders at the Atrium would wave at me and say "Hey MayorDrafty" when I simply walked by.  I would sit down and almost immediately have a Titos and ginger ale placed in front of me.

• Like 2