New Princess App available

iamaqt2

34 minutes ago, Siouxland Cruiser said:

Something I don't believe anyone has brought up on this new app:  On the old app, I had my travel companions and then if they "approved" me, we could all "find" each other on the ship.    

I don't see this feature in the new app.    Am I missing something?

I noticed this and wondered if it was now only available when you and your travel companions are actually onboard. I will let you know what I find out tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DHP1 said:

So how do you pay your invoice at the end of the cruise? Or, arrangements are made to pay cash.

My invoice is settled to my credit card on file which I have authorized Princess Cruises to use for my shipboard account.

• Like 1

I am booked "Standard" (no Plus or Premiere pkg).  I ordered the Medallions to be mailed to me.  I even have the Order # but I don't know how I pay the $10 for them.  Will they deduct $10 from my credit card for use on board?  Or what?  So confused!

3 minutes ago, cujosmom said:

I am booked "Standard" (no Plus or Premiere pkg).  I ordered the Medallions to be mailed to me.  I even have the Order # but I don't know how I pay the $10 for them.  Will they deduct $10 from my credit card for use on board?  Or what?  So confused!

You’ll see the $10 charge on your CC, once they are shipped.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cujosmom said:

Your CC will be charged about a month before the cruise.  Then, the medallions will be shipped 9-10 days later.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

You’ll see the $10 charge on your CC, once they are shipped.

Thank you for your prompt answer....I've been losing sleep over this 🥴

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cujosmom said:

NP.  They will send you a tracking no and we usually receive the OM’s about 11 days before sailing.  Usually, USPS

blue/white bubble envelope.

Have a great cruise!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, cujosmom said:

Click on "19 replies"  If you don't received your medallion they will make you one at Port.  Nothing to worry about 

Edited by DHP1

1 hour ago, kamelia said:

My invoice is settled to my credit card on file which I have authorized Princess Cruises to use for my shipboard account.

I have read that a credit card on file under the old App was transfer over to the new App and was also added to Shoreside Transaction  Post #484.  All the best tomorrow and enjoy your cruise.  I will be looking out for that report once your on board.

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DHP1 said:

I have read that a credit card on file under the old App was transfer over to the new App and was also added to Shoreside Transaction  Post #484. 

If that's the case, can you revoke permissions to use the card for shoreside purchases, or do I need to get a new CC number for my card?  I do not want vendors in foreign nations having ready access to my account.  That should be a fairly elementary premise for shoreside access to my card.

On 12/27/2023 at 9:06 AM, Wonder18 said:

Thanks  I have another question do you have to fill out the shoreside payment method also?

It seems like it will not put me back in the green lane unless I do and I am not doing to do that.  It isn't even available in Europe that I can see.  Hope they get this fixed as I am not going to wait on hold to talk to someone who is not trained properly.

Is there any information on how to make reservations for Spellbound.  I am elite and still cannot make dinner reservations.  I ws told it could only be 30 days before the cruise.  Understandable with new ship.

1 hour ago, Catherine Claus said:

It seems like it will not put me back in the green lane unless I do and I am not doing to do that.  It isn't even available in Europe that I can see.  Hope they get this fixed as I am not going to wait on hold to talk to someone who is not trained properly.

Is there any information on how to make reservations for Spellbound.  I am elite and still cannot make dinner reservations.  I was told it could only be 30 days before the cruise.  Understandable with new ship.

I would expect mass confusion when they ultimately load up the Sun MDR to DMW.  It's a whole new concept supposedly for different service types, so how are they going to build that into DMW?  I'd be prepared to be seeking out DR Mgmt for a while to request what you want.   First voyages are coming soon, so it will be a mad scramble when it happens. 

3 hours ago, Daniel A said:
5 hours ago, DHP1 said:

If that's the case, can you revoke permissions to use the card for shoreside purchases

I was able to remove the permission on the new app, but I had to do it for all 3 of my party. It switched us to “6 out of 7” completed status. Neither one of the other 2 have downloaded the new app.  On the old app, we are green lane all the way. We do not sail for several months, so am following to see what happens. 

Has anyone yet added the Shoreside setup, then ordered Medallions, and then removed the Shoreside setup?

It might take you out of Green in the App, but with Medallions ordered and to be shipped, that means Green at the port.  I am curious to know if the order remains intact - I believe it will stay.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DHP1 said:

I have read that a credit card on file under the old App was transfer over to the new App and was also added to Shoreside Transaction  Post #484.

Yep, it was - very inappropriate IMO. I removed it when I saw it but maybe that shoreside company already has it? If so, good luck with it because it is no longer valid. I switched credit cards a few weeks ago.

Edited by nbsjcruiser
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Has anyone yet added the Shoreside setup, then ordered Medallions, and then removed the Shoreside setup?

It might take you out of Green in the App, but with Medallions ordered and to be shipped, that means Green at the port.  I am curious to know if the order remains intact - I believe it will stay.

Agree. I'm also interested in hearing about others experiences. Our Cruise isn't until 27 March and we both are in the green lane in the previous app.  

• Like 1

Just a thought for anyone that wants to leave a credit card for shore side purchases, you can buy a say $20 master card (gift card) and use that. they look and work just like a credit card and have all the required info like a security code and expiry date. This is what I did and it works for me and if it's a scam it only costs $20.

• Like 3

I'm not sure, but isn't the "shore side purchases" for those stores that Princess recommends and is a way to use the Medallion for purchasing something? If that's the case, the stores would not have your cc number, nor would you HAVE to use the medallion for a purchase -- or go to those stores at all!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WisCruiser2 said:

I'm not sure, but isn't the "shore side purchases" for those stores that Princess recommends and is a way to use the Medallion for purchasing something? If that's the case, the stores would not have your cc number, nor would you HAVE to use the medallion for a purchase -- or go to those stores at all!

Yes, I think that's the case. But what people, myself included, are objecting to is agreeing to have the third party, foreign company store our credit cards. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

Yes, I think that's the case. But what people, myself included, are objecting to is agreeing to have the third party, foreign company store our credit cards. 

Honestly, I originally thought that it was a programming oversight that made it necessary to complete that page to finish everything necessary to order medallions and be in the Green Lane.  I still lean that way.  However, even though the "glitch" has been reported by many people I've yet to see anything from the company acknowledging that it's unintentional.   

We cruise this Sunday and I've not filled that page in.  However, we had already ordered and received our medallions and show as "Green" on the web and on the old app, so I don't think ours is a proper test.  

At this point, I'd say that (1) if you don't want to give them that information, and (2) if you have the old app on your device, then (3) go ahead and order your medallions.  That way you can avoid the whole question.  Otherwise, the company tech people will either fix their "glitch" or, at least the company will clarify their policy as to whether or not the Shoreside payment method is or isn't required.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, cujosmom said:

Yes they bill your credit card.

1 hour ago, sparky321 said:

Just a thought for anyone that wants to leave a credit card for shore side purchases, you can buy a say $20 master card (gift card) and use that. they look and work just like a credit card and have all the required info like a security code and expiry date. This is what I did and it works for me and if it's a scam it only costs $20.

Not me. Princess needs to change the requirement to optional as it was in the previous app. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SSAtlantic said:

I was able to remove the permission on the new app, but I had to do it for all 3 of my party. It switched us to “6 out of 7” completed status. Neither one of the other 2 have downloaded the new app.  On the old app, we are green lane all the way. We do not sail for several months, so am following to see what happens. 

I had my Amex card listed in the old app.  I ordered my medallions before Princess instituted the medallion shipping fee, so I was not charged that fee.  Amex changed my card number due to some fraudulent charges from other sources.  When I went into the app to change my onboard Amex CC to the new number, the app cleared all of my purchases and I had to reorder the medallions and same accessories but now they are charging me the shipping fee even though the only thing that changed was the last four digits on my card.  It's not worth my time to fight over the $10 charge, but if you change or withdraw payment methods, check your account carefully.  If Princess gives my CC number to a company I didn't authorize, then it will be worth my time to make an issue of it.

• Thanks 2

I am onboard and can share experience embarking Sapphire Princess in Buenos Aires.

When we arrived at the check-in area, we were asked, “are you green or blue?” - the only other option was “Guests Requiring Assistance,” no Platinum/Elite/Suite designation.  At the desk, we were asked for our room number and passports.  No QR code, no app, no credit card, nothing else.  Our Medallions were provided and we were directed to the port shuttles for transportation to the ship.

For the person who asked about whether or not names had been removed from the door displays, there has been a change, yes.  First name and first initial of surname only.  Note: still not “preferred name” even though that field is still included in the new app.

JourneyView does not include either DMW or SD reservations, but you can see them under Home -> Reserve Dining and then look for the calendar with a heart in it in the upper right corner.

My Shipmates is included now that we’re on the ship.  (I only have one DH traveling with me - his Past Trip doppelgangers apparently decided to stay home this time.)  He is not likely to use the messaging feature between us so I’ll leave that for someone else to check out.

I am still showing as “New to Princess” on the new app but was given my Elite Medallion at check-in, so did not have to have it switched out.  Both of us were Blue in the old app, but DH is Elite in the new app even though I am not. 

Re Shoreside Transactions:  Payment Methods on the new app brings up this message:

”You can manage payment methods only before the start of your journey.  All the charges are added to your default payment method.”  I will go to Guest Services in the next couple of days to make sure our accounts are linked, and also ask for any information about how Shoreside Transactions impact my onboard account.

If there are any other questions, I’ll do my best to get accurate replies.  😊

Edit to add:

I thought I should have mentioned that a) we were already in the Blue Lane having chosen port pick-up for the Medallions, and b) I had removed the Shoreside Transactions authorization several days before we left, so my check-in reverted to incomplete.  That decision did not have any impact on check-in, but if I find it causes dominoes to fall elsewhere, I will certainly post about it here.

Edited by kamelia
clarity
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 10

52 minutes ago, kamelia said:

a) we were already in the Blue Lane having chosen port pick-up for the Medallions

Thank you so much for sharing your check-in experience.  I’m curious, how long was the wait in the Blue Lane? Did picking up the medallion at port seem to cause a long wait/line?

Also, that’s terrific to hear they didn’t ask for a credit card or authorization for shoreside.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by mthomp5
  • Thanks 1