New Princess App available

iamaqt2

3 hours ago, phabric said:

I ordered them on the old MedallionClass app and can’t change the delivery, no problem picking them up at the dock.  Don’t know how long delivery would be, might not be home as we fly early to the port.  Bank took 21 days to send new credit card by Canada Post within the same city.

It is possible to cancel the order and start over.  Assuming you have time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BamaVol said:

It is possible to cancel the order and start over.  Assuming you have time. 

I have tried to change.  I have picked up my medallion at the port for the passed 5 cruises, it is not a big deal to pick up at the dock.

41 minutes ago, phabric said:

I have tried to change.  I have picked up my medallion at the port for the passed 5 cruises, it is not a big deal to pick up at the dock.

If your boarding in Fort Lauderdale at Port 21, it's a fiasco of humanity, with blue and green lines without distinction. Never mind the x-ray machines needing rebooting. Blue lane might be an advantage..  Princess employees might be present.

56 minutes ago, obendus said:

If your boarding in Fort Lauderdale at Port 21, it's a fiasco of humanity, with blue and green lines without distinction. Never mind the x-ray machines needing rebooting. Blue lane might be an advantage..  Princess employees might be present.

Do others agree that Terminal 21 is not up to par?

Woo! Hoo! The new app finally shows me elite instead of platinum. Still trying to get used to it.

I wish the new app had facial recognition so I wouldn't have to type everything in to log on.

I have 5 cruises booked and it's a pain to have to type in booking numbers to see each cruise.

Work in progress I guess.

On 12/27/2023 at 1:24 PM, Wonder18 said:

It seems if I don’t fill out the shoreside credit card information I can’t get a checkmark. My checklist says it’s incomplete if I don’t fill it out.

I wouldn't provide a credit card information for shoreside; don't know who or what they are, don't trust them, --- providing this info for shipboard on Princess is ok. From Princess staff they said it doesn't affect your boarding. (fingers crossed). 

14 hours ago, obendus said:

Is this your experience every time (how many times) you've embarked at T-21?

Why would Blue Lane be an advantage over Green Lane? 

Edited by doghog

3 minutes ago, doghog said:

Is this your experience every time (how many times) you've embarked at T-21?

Why would Blue Lane be an advantage over Green Lane? 

Experience level is 1, so yes, every time. The flow of PAX into the terminal was indistinguishable for either line, and rather than an even distribution of guidance along entry and passage through the embarkation process, there was a scattering of guides and directions.  I'll be trying a terminal 21 embarkment in the not too distant future, and hopefully this experience will be better. Blue lane manpower was staffed well, and moved quickly. There was a sea of humanity standing and sitting elsewhere, that appeared to be self directed. Not the smooth and polished experience that terminal 2 is.

Just now, obendus said:

Experience level is 1, so yes, every time. The flow of PAX into the terminal was indistinguishable for either line, and rather than an even distribution of guidance along entry and passage through the embarkation process, there was a scattering of guides and directions.  I'll be trying a terminal 21 embarkment in the not too distant future, and hopefully this experience will be better. Blue lane manpower was staffed well, and moved quickly. There was a sea of humanity standing and sitting elsewhere, that appeared to be self directed. Not the smooth and polished experience that terminal 2 is.

Thanks. 😁 But one time...

When is the "not too distant future"?  What ship? 

Never mind. I found that info on the old app for our March 2024 Enchanted cruise. T-2. Of course anything this far out is subject to change. Couldn't find that info on the new app. 

Edited by doghog

13 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

Woo! Hoo! The new app finally shows me elite instead of platinum. Still trying to get used to it.

I wish the new app had facial recognition so I wouldn't have to type everything in to log on.

I have 5 cruises booked and it's a pain to have to type in booking numbers to see each cruise.

Work in progress I guess.

Another reason I am still using the old app

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, memoak said:

Another reason I am still using the old app

I’m using them both.  My crystal ball refuses to tell me when the old app will be taken offline, so I am trying to learn what I can about the new app in advance and get proficient. I have until 6/15.  I can’t expect the old app to last that long.

Edited by BamaVol
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, doghog said:

I found it on the old app. New app isn't showing it yet. 

New app isn't populating all of the data in a way familiar to old app users. Eventually, we can hope it becomes friendlier and truly a one-stop location for managing Princess cruises. 

2 minutes ago, obendus said:

New app isn't populating all of the data in a way familiar to old app users. Eventually, we can hope it becomes friendlier and truly a one-stop location for managing Princess cruises. 

Port guide info is still grayed out on the new app. Possibly it will populate closer to our sail date. Currently using both apps.  Once on the ship and muster is complete, I will have no use for the app. 

4 hours ago, Pickels said:

I wouldn't provide a credit card information for shoreside; don't know who or what they are, don't trust them, --- providing this info for shipboard on Princess is ok. From Princess staff they said it doesn't affect your boarding. (fingers crossed). 

After I booked our next cruise I loaded the new app and everything transferred from the old app. The card I had used for our previous cruise on-board account was hacked (not due to anything with the cruise) and it is no longer valid but it's showing as my shoreside card, I'll just let them think it's the one I want to use for that. My valid card is only for the on-board account. 

• Like 3

As far as credit card information for shoreside use, I'll wait until I have my Medallion and then delete the information from the app. I know I can do it now, but I'd rather wait.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, IndyKid said:

I loaded the new app and everything transferred from the old app.

I think someone has mentioned this previously but there is nothing transferred from old App to new App.  The new App sources the data from central database where the old App accesses the same data.  New presentation and some new program logic involved, but the same data.

• Like 4

I can access the the app on my iPad but not on my phone.  It gives me a password issue.

When I go to the website or my iPad to try to change my password I get this:

Login Id/password updation not completed as emailFlag is not Migrated

Any suggestions, please?

Thanks!

Edited by bladerunner6

2 hours ago, bladerunner6 said:

I can access the the app on my iPad but not on my phone.  It gives me a password issue.

When I go to the website or my iPad to try to change my password I get this:

Login Id/password updation not completed as emailFlag is not Migrated

Any suggestions, please?

Thanks!

That is a new one on me.  Never seen that before.

I looked at the new app last night and now it says I'm Green Lane and there is a QR code boarding pass there as well.  The only concern I have is that it only has a QR boarding pass with my name, DW's name doesn't appear there.  Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm assuming that as long as we have the medallions, that should suffice as our boarding passes, but we all know the phrase about the word 'assume'...🤷‍♂️