Sorry, Some more Medallion Questions

cujosmom

My husband and I both received a separate email this morning asking us to order our medallion for our upcoming cruise that would also put us in the Green Lane.  We DO want to do this and are willing to pay  $10 for the privilege...I am assuming since they will be sent to the same address, the $10 is for both of us not each of us?

1.  When I go into the NEW Medallion app, it says I have already ordered the Medallions for both of us on Nov 26. I don't remember doing that but maybe I tapped on something I should not have?!?  The app did not ask for a payment and none was made.

2.  The App shows my husband has a checkmark by his name and he is "Ready to Sail". I, on the other hand, have only "Completed 6 out of 7" requirements.  The one thing I have not and will not complete is the Shoreside Credit Card information to be "stored for future payments in accordance with their terms"...uhhh, no thank you; so I am not in the Ready to Sail status. 

Can anyone advise me what to do or who I should call?

Posted (edited)

Yeah @cujosmom. Sometimes PCL is unaware of what Ocean Medallion Fulfillment Center is up to. Breaking it down:

1. You will not be billed the $10 until the medallion ships

2. You will remain in the Blue Lane until you approve Shoreside transactions BUT you do not need to use the medallion to shop on land. I've read that they ask if you have medallion in hand not if you're Green or Blue when embarking. So if you have your medallion go to the Green Line

3. There isn't anyone to call

Adding: no one asked me for my QR Code just to see my medallion but I haven't embarked under the new app. Last cruise Nov - Dec 2023

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, cujosmom said:

My husband and I both received a separate email this morning asking us to order our medallion for our upcoming cruise that would also put us in the Green Lane.  We DO want to do this and are willing to pay  $10 for the privilege...I am assuming since they will be sent to the same address, the $10 is for both of us not each of us?

1.  When I go into the NEW Medallion app, it says I have already ordered the Medallions for both of us on Nov 26. I don't remember doing that but maybe I tapped on something I should not have?!?  The app did not ask for a payment and none was made. if you don’t received it by mail, you can pick it at Port. If for some reason it’s not available at Port, they can make you a new one there. 

2.  The App shows my husband has a checkmark by his name and he is "Ready to Sail". I, on the other hand, have only "Completed 6 out of 7" requirements.  The one thing I have not and will not complete is the Shoreside Credit Card information to be "stored for future payments in accordance with their terms"...uhhh, no thank you; so I am not in the Ready to Sail status. one member has a cruise this Thursday and refuse to pay the Shoreside Transaction online and will report back to us all on the process at Port. Is it mandatory at Port?

Can anyone advise me what to do or who I should call?

Refer to my comments in red (above). You don’t need to do anything.  Just go to the check in at Port and they will check you in. You will have to go to the blue lane (no medallion/no payment for Shoreside Transactions) 

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 1

Assuming you booked standard fare (no "package" such as Plus or Premier...no medallion shipping cost with those.)

We *never* plug in a "shoreside" credit card...have never seen the need and we always end up in "Green Lane".  That's not what is holding you up.  It *might* be in your travel arrangements.  You need to plug in a "return" airport in case of emergency.  This will be the airport for which air is arranged should the need arise.  That will *definitely* keep you from "being ready".  Other than that...I can't think of any other likely "gotcha".

23 hours ago, cujosmom said:

2.  The App shows my husband has a checkmark by his name and he is "Ready to Sail". I, on the other hand, have only "Completed 6 out of 7" requirements.  The one thing I have not and will not complete is the Shoreside Credit Card information to be "stored for future payments in accordance with their terms"...uhhh, no thank you; so I am not in the Ready to Sail status. 

We have the same issue. One is "ready", the other needs Shoreside info. No idea why because I didn't give credit info for Shoreside.

My suggestion: wait to see if the Medallions show up. If you don't get them, just pick them up at the port. And ignore the Shoreside thing.

Or, don't worry about any of the above.  Just show up at the port with your booking information and you'll be processed on board fairly quickly just like the olden days.  I've done that on six cruise since the restart.

Weigh this approach to how much time and angst you spend trying to get a wonky app to work.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

It *might* be in your travel arrangements.  You need to plug in a "return" airport in case of emergency.  This will be the airport for which air is arranged should the need arise.  That will *definitely* keep you from "being ready".

What if we don't have a return airport? (Our cruise ends in our local area; no flight needed.)

49 minutes ago, MacMadame said:

What if we don't have a return airport? (Our cruise ends in our local area; no flight needed.)

The "emergency" would be if you have to be flown back from a point before the cruise ends....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MacMadame said:

They just want to know the airport closest to your home, in case of an emergency.

• Like 1

I don't see a problem providing same credit card info used for booking for Shoreside info. It's not used unless you choose to use it and is as secure as the credit card you have already provided. I just like to be totally in the green lane and breeze through waving my Medallion! 😎 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1