LIVE-Prima Feb 2-9, 2024 from Galveston-Western Caribbean with PICs, Haven (HE)

A little side note about our Concierge, Lyster!  One thing NCL does is hire the best Concierges in the industry.

Just as an example, he called earlier this a.m. wondering how I was feeling.  He knew about my mishap last night.  Even though breakfast was no longer being served, he offered to have my Butler put some pastries together and bring them to my cabin!  

Side note, Adrian Bica (sp?) is generally considered the best Concierge at sea!  Lyster was trained by him, and it shows!

Adrian left NCL but last I heard he’s either with Windstar or Oceania..can’t remember which!

Lyster has been with NCL for 17 years. 

• Like 8

18 hours ago, graphicguy said:

IMG_2690.jpeg

So...I don't get the concept of having beds in that "pool" area. Is the pool "private" for the people on the beds? Or can anyone use the water? If so, that must be pretty awkward to be hanging in the water with strangers lying on beds right next to you.

And the people on the beds are probably thinking, "Hey, hey, you, you, get outta my pool". (Sorry, Mick)...

Who thought this was a good idea?

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

DEMOGRAPHICS….have had a chance to get around the ship (still much more to go)!

Ages are all over the map.  I’ve seen a few couples with pre school children.  I’ve seen 20s-30s.  And, plenty my age group, too

It’s not a young party group, but it’s also not a geriatric cruise.

Vast majority U.S. passengers!  Aside from some crew, I don’t think I’ve heard anything other than English spoken.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

A little side note about our Concierge, Lyster!  One thing NCL does is hire the best Concierges in the industry.

Just as an example, he called earlier this a.m. wondering how I was feeling.  He knew about my mishap last night.  Even though breakfast was no longer being served, he offered to have my Butler put some pastries together and bring them to my cabin!  

Side note, Adrian Bica (sp?) is generally considered the best Concierge at sea!  Lyster was trained by him, and it shows!

Adrian left NCL but last I heard he’s either with Windstar or Oceania..can’t remember which!

Adrian--- Oceania

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Graphicguy, so sorry to hear about your fall.  A while ago, on shore, I stepped in a hole (missing bricks in pavement) and twisted my ankle.  Ship’s medical staff took care of me.  Bill was @ $900, and that was years ago😱. Curious to know if NCL will still try to  bill you.  A wise Concierge once told us, avoid going to medical if you can avoid it—stepping through the door will cost you a minimum of $600!  Though you should not be charged.

BTW, re my ankle, the Ship doctor advised me to put a life vest under the mattress, to elivate it.  Hope it’s useful for you, too.

• Thanks 1

So sorry to hear about your mishap landing you in the medical center.  If you have travel insurance what is your deductible if there is one.  I hope it pays for the services there.  Glad nothing was broken and hope it does not damper much more of your cruise.

At least you don't have explosive diarrhea and you don't care who knows 😆

Edited by david_sobe
  • Haha 12

47 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

So...I don't get the concept of having beds in that "pool" area. Is the pool "private" for the people on the beds? Or can anyone use the water? If so, that must be pretty awkward to be hanging in the water with strangers lying on beds right next to you.

And the people on the beds are probably thinking, "Hey, hey, you, you, get outta my pool". (Sorry, Mick)...

Come on now.  Who does not want to wade in 2 feet of water with stranger's feet and toes in your face.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Appreciate everyone’s concern.  I’m fine.  Sore and moving slow, but fine.

So far, I don’t see anything showing up on my account.  And, I authorized no charges (to my knowledge, but have to check my ticket fine print)!  I’ve received no receipt for any treatments or charges!

think I’m good with all that!

Called AMEX, my credit card on file.  They said no charges showing.  But, we’ll see what the final NCL invoice shows!

• Like 10

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Having been lucky enough to have Adrian as our concierge several times, that’s high praise indeed for Lyster.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, schmoopie17 said:

The water there is really only ankle deep so people aren’t really hanging out there.  It’s more for the aesthetics.

Still trying to decide whether to get off the ship and hobble around.  The weather is so nice….but, I don’t want to get ½ way to somewhere and. it be able to hoof it back!

Just did a quick search for Adrian Bica…he’s sprouted glasses and a few grey hairs since I last saw him.

IMG_2722.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

And…pulling into Costa Maya…

IMG_2720.jpeg

Loving your report and all the pictures. We will board the Prima Same grade suite as yours which looks lovely March 29 for a b2b to Miami. Have not done a NCL ship since the 1990’s when they were sailing out of Barbar’s Cut on the Houston ship channel.

We are excited to try a beautiful new ship….we take our kids and Grands on Carnival and RCL as the whole family can drive. Definitely want to support a new ship/line porting in Galveston. Our choice lines for many years have been Regent and Cunard but they rarely have cruises that are round trip US ports and never Galveston. We don’t fly long hauls anymore.

Sorry about your fall, hope it doesn’t slow you down.

If you go ashore could you report back on what is the port area for Costa Maya like? Any place to eat or a market etc. We were there on RSS Navigator 15 months ago, but didn’t get off the ship. I would like to try this time…maybe .

Thanks…loving your report…..

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Very encouraging to hear.

Saw a review that complained about the Prima Haven...and so far your experience seems to set the record straight.

So sorry about the spill/and fall. CYA moves for certain by NCL which am certain is typical for the industry given the esquires lining up to rep past pax

Your Butler can likely bring you some ice, an adult bev (if you can with pain meds for knee/ankle). Assuming you didn't eat all of the choc from yesterday..along with fresh snacks--your butler wont let you starve 😎

• Haha 1

Funny…I keep thinking I should ask my Butler to do some of the things people ask on here.  Maybe have him put my shoes on because one of them feels tight.

@mking8288…good thing i’ve got my Crocs.  They have some give to accommodate the swelling!  

As far as the snacks, I eat the fruit but the cheeses, crackers, etc are wasted.  I leave a note for my Butler to remove them.  The chocolates don’t go bad.  So, I’ll grab one at bedtime, maybe!

Been to Costa Maya many times.  Think I’m going to forego getting off the ship today.

Did look around a while….

• Like 4

Wow- Hope you are feeling much better & they’ve reviewed the video of the incident.  

Hopefully  they will take care of you/medical bills without you having to force the issue. 

Sounds like they need to train their team members better.  What an experience after you fell & injured yourself, due to their negligence, to have the employee stop for seconds to check on you & not alert the MGMT Team to assist & complete an incident/accident report. 

Wishing you the best time for your remaining cruise.  The cane could be a fun accessory.  It appears you are already making the best of the situation.  

Edited by Von & John
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1