LIVE-Prima Feb 2-9, 2024 from Galveston-Western Caribbean with PICs, Haven (HE)

36 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Ship time….always ship time!

Did this change?  Back in December, ship time matched local time at each port.  We had to a time change almost every day to keep in line with local time.  

33 minutes ago, Liljo22 said:

Did this change?  Back in December, ship time matched local time at each port.  We had to a time change almost every day to keep in line with local time.  

When (dis)embarkation times are posted, it’s always for “ship time”.   It doesn’t always align with local time.  Perfect example right now.  This is local time vs ship time…

IMG_2772.jpeg

IMG_2773.png

Edited by graphicguy

1 hour ago, Liljo22 said:

It doesn’t matter, you always use ship time whether it’s the same as local time or not. 

I’m usually not one to care one way or the other about comments others on a cruise offer.  But, sometimes it’s just such a SMDH moment…I must.

This gentleman sat next to me originally while I was ordering my salad.  I’m personable.  So, small talk with ensues…

”Having a good time?”

”I hate this…”

OK…I’ll bite!

”Hate what?”

”This food place”!

”Why?”

”i want to eat in a place where I can talk to people…not some computer screen”

”You’re talking to me”!

”I don’t want to talk to you.  I want to talk to the crew”!

Um…Maybe I’m just being sensitive this cruise but I just moved a few seats down.  Don’t want to talk to me?  No prob!

IMG_2783.jpeg

• Haha 22

Anyway, the cook heard the conversation and engaged this gentleman, which is this pic.  Crew?   Cheerful amd smiling.  Guest?  Curmudgeon!

Here’s how that conversation went…

Crew-Sir can I help you to place an order?

Man-I want a salad with lettuce, turkey, ham, eggs, cheese and cucumbers!

The cook shows him the button for a Cobb Salad.

Man-I don’t want a Cobb Salad.  I want what I just told you.  I had it in the restaurant yesterday.

“HERE’S YOUR SIGN!”

This went on for a few more minutes with to crew electing the button for the Cobb Salad.  The guy ate it with no further complaint.

NCL has their work cut out for themselves educating people about this new (and great) concept.  

Entertaining, I suppose!

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

Wow! I had a lot to catch up on from the weekend. Sheesh, I go away for a couple days and your ankle's swelling/hand's all red. Hope you're feeling better and you figure out the bill with travel insurance. Like @Sugar Magnolia, I injured my pride down in the thermal suite a couple times. That's one slippery floor when it's wet (which is every second of the day)! No tumble, but I did do a nice little dance to keep myself afloat.

Glad you've figured out the ordering system in Indulge. That's some yummy food they have there!

Anyway, glad I'm back and hope there's just some more drama, but not injuries!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

That's one slippery floor when it's wet (which is every second of the day)

Speaking of slippery places on Prima…the pool deck.  On our cruise they were very diligent about swiffering the water away…but if you hit a wet part…watch out.  We saw a few people who had the same dance moves as @cruiseny4life.

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Like @Sugar Magnolia, I injured my pride down in the thermal suite a couple times. That's one slippery floor when it's wet (which is every second of the day)! No tumble, but I did do a nice little dance to keep myself afloat.

I did the slide dance step at the thermal suite on the Encore last week as well. Thankfully there was no live audience, but anyone watching the video might have giggled.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Going to bore y’all with a whine….blocked my header with my hand.  It’s been sore, but is now turning colors….

IMG_2774.jpeg

Ouch! I’m no doctor but I think it warrants holding a cold frosty beverage of your choice to ease the pain and reduce the bruising😉

• Haha 13

7 minutes ago, justhappy said:

Ouch! I’m no doctor but I think it warrants holding a cold frosty beverage of your choice to ease the pain and reduce the bruising😉

Thank you, Dr!  That’s the exact prescription I need!!!!😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I'm beginning to think that crazy fellow passengers are a unique NCL phenomenon!  I didn't have any fun encounters on MSC.  Oh wait, I saw behavior so horrifying I ran away before any conversation was possible.

Sorry to see/hear of the slip and tumble.  I've been caught a few times myself doing the electric slide where a carpeted surface turns into a hard tile or ceramic surface such as in the buffet area.  You never know (or feel) if the carpet has just been cleaned or coated with some sort of fluid.

I see in your Starbucks photo that they actually use darker fabric on the chairs now to possibly hide some of the inevitable stains.  I'm remember on the US inaugural sailing thinking all this light colored furniture is not going to age well!

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

I'm beginning to think that crazy fellow passengers are a unique NCL phenomenon!  I didn't have any fun encounters on MSC.  Oh wait, I saw behavior so horrifying I ran away before any conversation was possible.

Sorry to see/hear of the slip and tumble.  I've been caught a few times myself doing the electric slide where a carpeted surface turns into a hard tile or ceramic surface such as in the buffet area.  You never know (or feel) if the carpet has just been cleaned or coated with some sort of fluid.

I see in your Starbucks photo that they actually use darker fabric on the chairs now to possibly hide some of the inevitable stains.  I'm remember on the US inaugural sailing thinking all this light colored furniture is not going to age well!

You may be right.  

I just think this ship is such a different (new) concept that the “traditional”  NCL cruiser is going to take a while for them to adapt.

Admittedly, I was a little worried when booking as I had read all these stories about how the design doesn’t work.  

It does work.  Maybe not to those who want and are used to the “big buffet” concept.  Or are missing the big chandelier hanging over 678.  Or any of a dozen differences vs the traditional NCL ship.

This isn’t the massive Icon of the seas, with 7K passengers and is loud and brash.  This couldn’t be any further away from that. This isn’t Escape or Encore or the “Away” twins.  

I think it was described as Contemporary.  I believe that fits.  It’s comfortable with upscale furnishings!  Nothing squeaks.  Nothing rattles.  If you insist on being by the main pool, you’re hell bent on torturing yourself.  There are plenty of other, nicer, more comfortable spaces to sun bathe!

I missed the main show (Donna).  No fault of NCL.  I caught the first night in Syd’s.  Got there when the doors opened.  There was a line, but I had no problem finding a seat.  The band was excellent as always!  Not a game show guy, but will check out Price is Right because I’m curious.  The DJs, auxiliary entertainment have all been good.  Saw comedy last night.  Not my thing but I was also in a surly mood because I was sore.

I have yet to find the crowds with no seating in Indulge.  I have yet to find a venue closed of it was supposed to be open.  There are plenty of crew.  They are all very nice!

Coming up in midway through the cruise, and I like the ship.  I like the direction they’re going.  I like all the outside spaces!  I’ve got my bearings.  I know where I’m going.  The ship really delights me.

Any issue I have is in dealing with security, but they always seem to be a group who seems to have a side eye look to them!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

You may be right.  

I just think this ship is such a different (new) concept that the “traditional”  NCL cruiser is going to take a while for them to adapt.

Admittedly, I was a little worried when booking as I had read all these stories about how the design doesn’t work.  

It does work.  Maybe not to those who want and are used to the “big buffet” concept.  Or are missing the big chandelier hanging over 678.  Or any of a dozen differences vs the traditional NCL ship.

This isn’t the massive Icon of the seas, with 7K passengers and is loud and brash.  This couldn’t be any further away from that. This isn’t Escape or Encore or the “Away” twins.  

I think it was described as Contemporary.  I believe that fits.  It’s comfortable with upscale furnishings!  Nothing squeaks.  Nothing rattles.  If you insist on being by the main pool, you’re hell bent on torturing yourself.  There are plenty of other, nicer, more comfortable spaces to sun bathe!

I missed the main show (Donna).  No fault of NCL.  I caught the first night in Syd’s.  Got there when the doors opened.  There was a line, but I had no problem finding a seat.  The band was excellent as always!  Not a game show guy, but will check out Price is Right because I’m curious.  The DJs, auxiliary entertainment have all been good.  Saw comedy last night.  Not my thing but I was also in a surly mood because I was sore.

I have yet to find the crowds with no seating in Indulge.  I have yet to find a venue closed of it was supposed to be open.  There are plenty of crew.  They are all very nice!

Coming up in midway through the cruise, and I like the ship.  I like the direction they’re going.  I like all the outside spaces!  I’ve got my bearings.  I know where I’m going.  The ship really delights me.

Any issue I have is in dealing with security, but they always seem to be a group who seems to have a side eye look to them!

Any idea of passenger count on board, @graphicguy?

I love your description of the ship!

• Thanks 1