Prime Rib on menu?

HleeCruiser

Posted (edited)

I would assume it is...  but which night they offer it could vary.

IN SHORT:  ask about the menus when you get onboard....

I have seen some variations on menus shown on trip reports here on CC.

When we were on Regal, instead of the first night as it often had been, it was on the last night.

I think that Princess has been playing around with different menu options.

I know that last Summer, it seemed that the menus on the Ruby in Alaska were quite a bit different???

PS:  the Prime Rib we had was very good....  but it was the absolute thinnest slices I have ever seen.   The medallions might have been just as good or better.  We wanted to move along with our evening, and did not want to seem 'demanding',   but I recommend that you do not be shy about asking for more if the portions are as limited as ours was!!!  ( I know our waiter was good and would have happily obliged! )

I do not know If you would have the same Executive Chef and head of dining onboard REGAL as we did last year...  But the food was good onboard!

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

I would assume it is...  but which night they offer it could vary.

IN SHORT:  ask about the menus when you get onboard....

I have seen some variations on menus shown on trip reports here on CC.

When we were on Regal, instead of the first night as it often had been, it was on the last night.

I think that Princess has been playing around with different menu options.

I know that last Summer, it seemed that the menus on the Ruby in Alaska were quite a bit different???

PS:  the Prime Rib we had was very good....  but it was the absolute thinnest slices I have ever seen.   The medallions might have been just as good or better.  We wanted to move along with our evening, and did not want to seem 'demanding',   but I recommend that you do not be shy about asking for more if the portions are as limited as ours was!!!  ( I know our waiter was good and would have happily obliged! )

I do not know If you would have the same Executive Chef and head of dining onboard REGAL as we did last year...  But the food was good onboard!

Thank you.

8 hours ago, eagletwo said:

We had Prime Rib on the last night on our Sky Princess cruise. It was good, but we should have asked for it medium. Tasted great. 

We had it on the last night (which happened to be just last night) of our NZ cruise.  It was wonderful, but I totally agree with ordering it medium!  I got medium rare and it was too red for my tastes.

• Like 2

Just had the prime rib on Discovery Princess tonigh5. We got a surprisingly thick piece ( about 1/2 inch) and medium rare was exactly as I like it. It was served on the last night of the cruise. 

Bob

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rwmiller said:

Just had the prime rib on Discovery Princess tonigh5. We got a surprisingly thick piece ( about 1/2 inch) and medium rare was exactly as I like it. It was served on the last night of the cruise. 

Bob

This is a great review! Thanks for all of the details. 

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

They served it tonight on the Enchanted. Most people were given a large peice even if you requested a small one.

And also on the Emerald. Last day of the panama cruise.

• Like 1