All my cruises say paid in full. Hooray!!!

Posted (edited)

Mine too! I’m not planning on spending all the money I’d be saving if it were true, though. 

I took screenshots of all of the cruises saying I don’t owe anything. I also made sure that I have good records of what I have paid towards each cruise so that the amounts I actually owe can be verified if necessary. 

Edited by perfect match

Actually, this would scare me if I have not paid it in full.

There are horror stories about people getting double charges on something as simple as dining packages or drinking packages during the Black Friday sale events. They canceled their previous purchases and then purchased it at the new lower price. The original sales somehow end up being shown as not credited or still on the books as being unpaid.

They then find that their cruise was "cancelled" due to an outstanding payment of what the drinking package or dining package.

Anytime a system says I am paid in full when I know it is not sends warning bells about trying to get the billing corrected.

3 minutes ago, Jussabitconfused said:

Still not corrected. Wonder how long this will take to fix. My final payment isn't due till middle of Feb. I imagine they will have fixed this by then.

With all of my years cruising, I have not had a billing discrepancy with RCI directly or going through a Travel Agency.

Keep a tight eye on this issue. If it is going to be resolved, you should know within a few business days.

• Like 2

Out of caution/parania,(and fear of God forbind my cruises being cancelled)-I sent my TA screen shots of two of the 3 cruises I booked that are showing as paid in full.

Oddly, The 3rd cruise is still showing a balance, booked via a different agency.

4 minutes ago, Florida Glamazon said:

Out of caution/parania,(and fear of God forbind my cruises being cancelled)-I sent my TA screen shots of two of the 3 cruises I booked that are showing as paid in full.

Oddly, The 3rd cruise is still showing a balance, booked via a different agency.

I will call before final payment if it isn't sorted out by then, but I am sure it will be.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, njkruzer said:

I think all 5 of our cruises through April 2025 (stopped looking after November 2024).  Wierd.  Ignoring it for now but sill watch it.

That is what I am doing. No sense in bombarding them with calls for something they will eventually fix on their own.

1 hour ago, mel76 said:

At least my account stays now logged in.

That is a good start. Give it a few business days to correct itself. There have been many choice comments made in hundreds if not thousands of posts about the reliability and accuracy of RCI's website and computer systems. I will leave it at that.

Posted (edited)

Did you check the “make a payment” option? Should be more accurate. There have been a lot of issues with Black Friday 2023 deals messing up people’s balances so I wouldn’t be surprised if IT is setting all cruises to “paid in full” until they resolve the issue. I doubt they want people being mistakenly canceled. 

Give IT a few years to fix it. 

Edited by pyrateslife4me84
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Just checked my November cruise and it shows You don't have a balance due and I've only paid for half of it, soooo whatever is going on, it still going on!

Edited by CanobieFan

Just spoke with Customer Service and Rewards Program.  Altogether I have spoken with 5 different people about an unrelated problem and none of them acknowledged there being a problem with the website.

This shows for my June cruise as well. I did see a work around though. If you click on the anchor icon in the upper left corner and go to the main page there will be 3 horizontal lines in the same corner. Click on those, then manage my cruise, make a payment and then the correct balance should display along with the option to make a payment.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

Did you check the “make a payment” option? Should be more accurate. There have been a lot of issues with Black Friday 2023 deals messing up people’s balances so I wouldn’t be surprised if IT is setting all cruises to “paid in full” until they resolve the issue. I doubt they want people being mistakenly canceled. 

Give IT a few years to fix it. 

This could be a viable hypothesis. Imagine that someone has their cruise cancelled due to lack of payment for whatever reason. The reservation system will open the room for availability and a second person books the cabin. With ships sailing very full right now, that would create chaos as you have two customers screaming at you over one cabin and one of them is not going to be happy.

• Like 1