Dining in Blu on Ascent

brandy3415

Speak with the Maitre d’ in Luminae or your butler about arranging it for you. You may need to be flexible on time as Blu is the dining room for Aqua Class passengers and of course, they have first priority, so popular dining times may be hard to get. 

There have been times, as Suite passengers, we were able to dine in Blu and other times space was not available.  The times we have gotten to eat in Blu it was at 8:30-8:45.

Posted (edited)

This is the first time I have heard of any reservations taken  for BLU for anyone....Is this new?  It has always been " subject to availability" for suite guests... and due to popularity not always available...On BEYOND when we were in a suite we just showed up (early) and were given a table.

At this point..Luminae should have been in business long enough that suite guests would not need BLU!  But has not been the case!  BLU is a small venue that can be easily overwhelmed at certain times...Perhaps only upper level suites should have access!

Edited by hcat

We have met cruisers from Luminae who were dining in Blu.  It was mentioned that they did not care for the service or food in Luminae. I was surprised to hear that.   They liked the more quiet atmosphere in Blu.   I think the key is to arrive at a less busy time and the chances of being seated without a lengthy wait would be improved. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keesar said:

We have met cruisers from Luminae who were dining in Blu.  It was mentioned that they did not care for the service or food in Luminae. I was surprised to hear that.   They liked the more quiet atmosphere in Blu.   I think the key is to arrive at a less busy time and the chances of being seated without a lengthy wait would be improved. 

we know people who didn't like Luminae either.  They are very "selective" eaters and that isn't what Luminae caters to (although there are everyday choices available). Luminae service is great and my only thought was that Luminae couldn't whip something immediately for their tastes and that was a problem for them. . The menu is the menu and that isnt apparent from the X website. 

Blu in its own right has a bit of an edge to it as well but evidently it is more acceptable. 

On 1/8/2024 at 9:51 AM, tfred said:

we know people who didn't like Luminae either.  They are very "selective" eaters and that isn't what Luminae caters to (although there are everyday choices available). Luminae service is great and my only thought was that Luminae couldn't whip something immediately for their tastes and that was a problem for them. . The menu is the menu and that isnt apparent from the X website. 

Blu in its own right has a bit of an edge to it as well but evidently it is more acceptable.

@tfred

Thank you for this information  I didn’t realize that Luminate had every day choices-could you tell me if they are the same choices as the MDR’s? If not, do you know where I can find a copy of them? 

On 1/8/2024 at 9:51 AM, tfred said:

BLU has always been preferred by some suite cruisers and many of us who sail in Aqua Class...

Luminae was created AFTER Blu but took a different approach richer, fancier foods.  .If it offered a few BLU  items on its menu, maybe more would stick to Luminae???

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, hcat said:

BLU has always been preferred by some suite cruisers and many of us who sail in Aqua Class...

Luminae was created AFTER Blu but took a different approach richer, fancier foods.  .If it offered a few BLU  items on its menu, maybe more would stick to Luminae???

X knows the numbers of who eats and doesn't at Luminae.  The MD from Luminae actually called our friends and wanted to know why they weren't eating at Luminae and why were they at Blu.  More of a concern about table side service rather than food I think.  

We like both Blu and Luminae for what they are .  I have seen posts along the way that Blu and Luminae should offer MDR offerings on the menu by deleting some present items.  I think that many people expect MDR food in a nicer setting and better service and that isnt with B or L   It isnt Cheesecake Factory 

2 minutes ago, creativeroutes said:

@tfred

Thank you for this information  I didn’t realize that Luminae had every day choices-could you tell me if they are the same choices as the MDR’s? If not, do you know where I can find a copy of them?

You can get salmon, chicken or steak plainly served   You can also ask along the way for menu items served without sauce. They can be somewhat creative if you give them 24 hour notice.  

50 minutes ago, tfred said:

I have seen posts along the way that Blu and Luminae should offer MDR offerings on the menu by deleting some present items.  

I am not sure about all ships but the ones I have been on you can order off the MDR menu in Luminae.  

18 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

I am not sure about all ships but the ones I have been on you can order off the MDR menu in Luminae.  

I think that is only on non Edge class ships as those ships have a shared kitchen  Edge class kitchens are not close to each other. Some people get lucky and are allowed to order from MDR but I wouldn’t count on it. 

Blu and Luminae aren’t designed for diners in the “I don’t eat that - fish, meat, foods that touch “ crowd.