Celebration! / Live! / Solo? Jan-14-21-2024 The Tribe Cruise!

23 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

***Before we get too far into the weeds, I always like to add a disclaimer in case there are any new readers out there: This “review” probably won't be like most of the others out there. The tale you're about to endure will merely be the narrative beginning here at my home in Atlanta, and documenting in words and pictures, my travels down to Miami, and eventually boarding the Carnival Celebration for what will be round number two for me. (First time was back in late November / early December 2022) 

I'm not going to be providing pictures of menus or the Fun Times nor any other pertinent information that would help you out if you decided to cruise on the Carnival Celebration. You can find all of that via other reviews here on Cruise Critic or elsewhere.

Which is why Sid's Lives are so much fun to read!

• Like 10

Damn man!!!  I signed on this morning and already on page 9!  Just caught up and am follower 178!  Can't wait for another @sid_9169...especially in conjunction with @MeganGC1983.  Two epic Live authors!  Cruising vicariously with you all...  Safe travels, Sid...and to all the Tribe members on this fabulous sailing!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

After ten sailings with Carnival I'm FINALLY going to turn Platinum this time around! It only took me six with Norwegian under their old system, wherein you could get up to three points per night. With Carnival it's one point per night no matter what, and it'll be great to at least be able to drop off my bags in the cabin once I board. For years I've been dragging my suitcase around with me for two or three hours until I could access my room. 

As far as the other benefits of Platinum, I guess the only other thing great for me is the ability to check in two days earlier than the lower VIFP tiers. I'm trying to decide if I have what it takes to stay up until midnight to try and snag an early boarding group, but something tells me that's a bridge too far for someone accustomed to going to bed more than two hours before then.

***Edit to add: on Thursday December 28th I knew that my check in was approaching at midnight. I also knew that there was very little chance of staying up until then, especially after I'd already drunk an entire bottle of Cava and then started on the straight tequila. My backup plan was to set my alarm for a few minutes before midnight, and then do it. Well, guess what? I must've been so tore up when I went to bed that I forgot to set the alarm, and ended up passing out around 9:30 or 10:00. 

However, I did end up waking up around 12:40 am, and dragged myself out of bed to try and do it. I ended up getting the 10:00 - 10:30 arrival time, and boarding group B02, so I was pretty satisfied. This was also the very first time that I'd ever seen “Platinum” on my boarding pass, so that was a little exciting too!...

Screenshot_20240104-155147.thumb.png.2a7191058777369398f79e0bd0f35e53.png

Screenshot_20240104-155213.thumb.png.5e211856a0405cad93cd3eceb47c8867.png

Screenshot_20240104-155226.thumb.png.4c422dd01bd56ef863ba39f237d8068b.png

Screenshot_20240104-155243.thumb.png.680fb5d7f8f815f6fb5d746ebac70b28.png

Screenshot_20240104-155301.png

• Like 23

47 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

***Before we get too far into the weeds, I always like to add a disclaimer in case there are any new readers out there: This “review” probably won't be like most of the others out there. The tale you're about to endure will merely be the narrative beginning here at my home in Atlanta, and documenting in words and pictures, my travels down to Miami, and eventually boarding the Carnival Celebration for what will be round number two for me. (First time was back in late November / early December 2022) 

I'm not going to be providing pictures of menus or the Fun Times nor any other pertinent information that would help you out if you decided to cruise on the Carnival Celebration. You can find all of that via other reviews here on Cruise Critic or elsewhere. It'll mostly revolve around whatever I decide to eat or drink or the things I run across in my daily walkabouts… Sometimes I’ll “zig” and sometimes I’ll “zag”, and sometimes I may not have the slightest idea what I'm going to do next… You just never know. 

We'll just say that my take on things is probably a bit more “rough around the edges” than most. More similar in attitude to Archie Bunker than say Ward Cleaver, if you know what I mean. I'll try to at least keep it clean enough for the Cruise Critic brand, although sometimes I may get very close to the boundaries. So pour yourself a drink and pack your sense of humor and most of all, just try to take everything with a grain of salt. (*especially my gross misuse of punctuation, grammar, and excessive use of “quote” signs)

Now, with those bits out of the way: Please buckle your seatbelt, and let's get this show on the road!!!...

Exactly what I'm expecting, don't even think about changing things up😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I'm not going to be providing pictures of menus or the Fun Times nor any other pertinent information that would help you out if you decided to cruise on the Carnival Celebration. You can find all of that via other reviews here on Cruise Critic or elsewhere. It'll mostly revolve around whatever I decide to eat or drink or the things I run across in my daily walkabouts… Sometimes I’ll “zig” and sometimes I’ll “zag”, and sometimes I may not have the slightest idea what I'm going to do next… You just never know. 

That's the best part for me.

• Like 6

I'm pretty satisfied with the results from my check in, even if I didn't officially stay up to do it. Honestly, I'll probably sleep in a bit on the morning of the cruise in hopes of making it past nine o'clock on embarkation day.

Screenshot_20231229-075020~2.png

• Like 20

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I was about to continue with some of the pre written parts of the review, which I've typed into Google docs, but instead of copy and pasting I accidentally copied and "cut"... I just spent the past half hour trying to recover the text that I accidentally erased, but I was unsuccessful. I even tried googling how to do it, but still couldn't figure it out. Finally, I remembered that it was saved on my other phone which is in airplane mode, so hopefully I could find it there. Luckily it WAS still there, and I was able to copy and paste it into a new document, so crisis averted...

Getting ready now for hopefully a nice smooth day at work...

Sid, I cannot believe all the prep you do for your “lives,” you are amazing, thank you for all the fun. 

• Like 9

On the morning of December 31st, New Year's Eve, it was just like any other day, except I didn't have to go to work. I got up and opened up Cruise Critic on my phone, but when I tried to submit a reply the website asked me to “prove that I was human” by solving a small puzzle with a car and a line. I did it, and it said “successful, and you'll be redirected shortly”. Well, five minutes went by and nothing. I tried again, same thing. This went on for a while, and at a certain point I just said “you know what? It'll all work itself out eventually”, and went about my day… Later that day, fortunately everything did indeed work itself out, and everything seemed to work properly. For a bit there I was in doubt that this “review” would even happen at all, but in the end it was all just a temporary website glitch. Anyhoo, crisis averted, carry on…

Screenshot_20231231-075821.thumb.png.2171a9dbab7da8d044942f20a2eb65fb.png

Screenshot_20231231-075846.thumb.png.bf648c67ebe72b163926d98ce9706b2c.png

Screenshot_20231231-092525.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

In full recognition of the fact that I'm trying to get my drinking problem under control, AND the fact that I've shelled out all that money for the Cheers beverage package, I'm going to have to walk a fine line this coming week. You know how people like to really cut loose and oftentimes over do it on vacation? Well, I pretty much do “that” on basically a nightly basis, THEN get up and go to work in the morning, then repeat. So, I'm going to try and strike some kind of balance between having fun and just drinking for sport. 

I'm not one of those type of people who think they have to try and get their 15 drinks per day. I just drink till I feel as good as I want, and then maybe have more later, or maybe not… Nothing at all against the 15 drinks a day people, but I always just run my own race…

• Like 28

Safe travels to all those on The Tribe cruise. Weather looks dicey for many parts of country.

I’ll be following along, probably housebound, due to impending possible blizzard and single digit temperatures.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Let's play a game…

Just for fun, try reading the “review” in the voice of Samuel L Jackson… Or, you could go with Morgan Freeman, or whoever else's voice floats your boat… Whichever you decide, just try to have fun with it, and not take things too seriously

img_1_1701310367565.jpg

6 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Screenshot_20231217-183918~2.png

I do this a lot with work emails to my customers.  I type out what I really want to say, then wait an hour, then I usually end up deleting the entire email.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

img_1_1703104884187.jpg

Omg that's so true. The only time I'll ever turn them off is if the captioner decided it would be a good idea to place them right on top of people's faces (and what we're watching is LA English. Any accents and I miss too many words to turn off). 

• Like 1

Caught up and ready for at least though embarkation day. Then, hopefully, I head out of town myself some place warm and will have to catch up when you debark. I am fully prepared to spend many hours getting through a few hundred pages of @sid_9169 and @MeganGC1983's "lives" and then be ready for @Jamman54's post review and pictures! Been lurking a while on the other thread and looking forward to following along on this epic voyage on a ship I sailed back in May and throughly enjoyed.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Today's work day has descended into chaos again cutting wayyy into my lunch break. It's bad enough I'm eating what amounts to rations, but when I'm hangry I get mean, and I can't afford to lose my job. I'm about to go sit out in my car just so I can try to enjoy what's left of my break...

PXL_20240111_171759947.thumb.jpg.ae806101220d7c4622f03fa5ed3eb55c.jpg

PXL_20240111_171805500.jpg

• Like 9