Non Alcoholic Drinks

Momma Rene

My two daughters are traveling together and sharing a cabin.  One daughter will be drinking wine, the other daughter does not drink.  Both have the package.  I have two questions:

1. Was it economically wise for both daughters to get the plus package

2. The daughter that does not drink likes non alcoholic drinks, what would those be and she loves bubble tea.  Is that available?

Thanks so much for your advice.  It is appreciated.  

6 minutes ago, Momma Rene said:

My two daughters are traveling together and sharing a cabin.  One daughter will be drinking wine, the other daughter does not drink.  Both have the package.  I have two questions:

1. Was it economically wise for both daughters to get the plus package

2. The daughter that does not drink likes non alcoholic drinks, what would those be and she loves bubble tea.  Is that available?

Thanks so much for your advice.  It is appreciated.  

They can make all kinds of virgin (non alcoholic) drinks, like a pina colada . Package also includes sodas, tea, specialty coffees juice bar (if ship has one), small bottles of water. Can answer about bubble tea....I never heard of it.

You can request any non alcoholic beverage that you like. If they have the ingredients they will prepare it. Don't know what bubble tea is, but again if the bar has the ingredients they will make it. 

Both people in a cabin have to get the package, so even if it wasn’t fiscally advantageous for the one who doesn’t drink to get it, she’d still have to. 

She can get loads of fun non-alcoholic drinks…bottled water, soda, fresh juice, mocktails, lattes, frappes, espresso, mochas, and specialty teas. No, they don’t have Boba; not sure if that is what you mean by bubble tea?

Boba is the term I think of instead of bubble tea. Maybe that's why it didn't sound familiar to the others. 

The Majestic used to have a Boba bar but they removed it, along with the private Karaoke rooms when the ship relocated. Princess is always looking to make more money and the two things that are money makers, they get rid of. SMH. Anyway, I don't know of any of the ships serving those, but agree they are a treat if made well. As was mentioned, both need to buy if sharing a cabin.

Do a google search for "Princess bar menus" and you will be able to see the offerings.  I know there are several non-alcoholic cocktails as I have tried many of them, but I can't remember which one was my favorite.  

Edited by rebeccac

Fancy coffee and fresh squeezed juices are nice non-alcoholic drinks. There is a choice of maybe 8 different juice mixtures. I absolutely love two of them. They will be served "somewhere" on the ship. On our recent cruises I started most mornings with two of the juice offerings. The juice is unlimited. I also often had a Vanilla Latte with a triple shot of espresso. Drinks of that sort can run up the cost quickly and are, of course, also unlimited with Plus.

Personally don't drink alcohol either - have made the drink portion of the Plus package economical by having 2-3 virgin drinks,  soda, water, Hot chocolate and breakfast tea on a daily basis. Not to mention (depending when purchased the Plus package) the 2 Casual meals included and the cabin steward tips  covered - usually end up with final bill of $50 or less when purchasing such packages across the many lines we've sailed. 

We will be three in a cabin with our sixteen year old daughter. When I look at adding the Plus package it's only for two people. Can someone explain how this works as far as having a child in the cabin and adding a soft drinks and gratuities and internet option for her

21 minutes ago, Momma Rene said:

Yes, it is Boba (bubble tea).  I don't like it but my daughter is addicted to it!  Thanks.

Funny thing...I was just at the South Florida fair and saw a Bubble tea and Bubble Waffles and the frist thing I thought was maybe I should ask what it is, sorry...I didn't have the guts to ask...🤣

1 hour ago, Momma Rene said:

Yes, it is Boba (bubble tea).  I don't like it but my daughter is addicted to it!  Thanks.

I have never seen Bubble tea on Princess (with tapioca pearls).

Edited by Coral