They cannot be serious!

4 hours ago, wolfcathorse said:

high priced milk shakes and $500 for a day bed in Icon's Hideaway. We have a B2B booked this spring then we're going NCL.

Like those itinerary changes on NCL?

7 hours ago, mugtech said:

Like those itinerary changes on NCL?

They're fine by me. Have had itinerary changes due to weather and war. Don't have a problem with being safe. It's disappointing if you have never been to a port, but on the other hand,  I am on vacation from my everyday routine.  And I have experienced itinerary changes with Royal and Celebrity so it's not confined to one cruise line 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, wolfcathorse said:

They're fine by me. Have had itinerary changes due to weather and war. Don't have a problem with being safe. It's disappointing if you have never been to a port, but on the other hand,  I am on vacation from my everyday routine.  And I have experienced itinerary changes with Royal and Celebrity so it's not confined to one cruise line 

NCL changes itineraries after final payment having nothing to do with weather or war.  They just do it because they can.  All kinds of lame excuses like protecting the environment. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mugtech said:

NCL changes itineraries after final payment having nothing to do with weather or war.  They just do it because they can.  All kinds of lame excuses like protecting the environment. 

and I still don't care

2 hours ago, Missusdubbya said:

I don’t think environmental protection is lame

It is when you sell the cruise for two years, do not change the itinerary until after final payment, what did they discover about the environment since final payment that they did not know previously?  If you believe that, I have some beach front property in Arizona you might be interested in.

• Like 3

On 1/15/2024 at 9:38 AM, NateUpNorth said:

I suspect, and know I will be told I'm incorrect fairly quickly by some, that the shakes at Surreal Creamery and similar businesses will bear no resemblance to the ones offered by RCL on a cruise ship.
I would bet one is made with "real" ice cream and high quality ingredients, the other is likely made with "frozen dessert."
Not that I'd pay $18 for either, just an hypothesis.

On 1/15/2024 at 9:48 AM, schooner_Drinker said:

We can sort of compare with Princess

If you purchase the Premier Package 

$80.00

You get included 

PRINCESS PREMIER℠

• Princess® dining, accommodations and entertainment
    MedallionClass® experience
    Premier Beverage Package
  • (drinks up to $20 each)
    Wi-Fi (up to 4 devices per guest)
    Crew appreciation
    2 specialty dining meals per guest
    Photo package
  • (unlimited digital + 3 prints)
    Princess Prizes
    NEW Premium desserts (unlimited)
    NEW Fitness classes (unlimited)
    NEW Unlimited juice bar
    NEW Medallion accessory
    NEW Reserved theater seating
  • (for production shows only)

And these are the unlimited desserts

YES unlimited 

and you can add alcohol $2 a shot

and we had 93 Professional photos and 4 devices of internet 🛜 ALL included with the desserts and Drinks package (math people - Bargain)

IMG_4265.thumb.jpeg.c80ba85a64c2753b032087eecf4f3d76.jpeg

IMG_4268.thumb.jpeg.5b5378353e4906f4a414d8a7a7b9bf10.jpeg

We sailed Princess in Dec 2023 and booked 2 more on Princess 

Nancy 

Never said jumping ship, but enjoying the grass in other places 😉

You can find inclusion and better , it does exist 

We had these concoctions on Princess in May.  Seriously fabulous!  

On 1/15/2024 at 12:18 PM, Ocean Boy said:

Do you have to pay several thousand dollars to get access to that "Gourmet Dessert Bar" where you live?

Do you sleep, eat, and get entertainment in that shop?

6 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Do you? I don't as I don't go into any shop in the first place that is charging that much for a milkshake.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

We had these concoctions on Princess in May.  Seriously fabulous!  

I'm glad to hear that.
As with all things food and beverage I'm sure there's a healthy dose of variety in people's experiences with these.

While I will not be purchasing the milkshakes.  I am not sure why it creates an uproar.  There is free dessert options, there is free ice cream, someone could theoretically make their own free milkshake, there is cheaper options for a standard milkshake.  They just also have premium shakes that are at a high price.

If I order a Like it (Small) vanilla milkshake at a local Coldstone is $6.59 before tax.  Some may add tip.

If I order a Minty Chocolate Specialty milkshake at Toothsome Chocolate Emporium in Orlando its $17 before tax.

If I order Ice cream at a pool bar at Gaylord Palms hotel, its $9 before tax.

Everyone seems to accept the alcohol pricing (or maybe because majority on here just uses vouchers), but the milkshakes apparently is the line drawn.

Edited by SUgwoz
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, SUgwoz said:

While I will not be purchasing the milkshakes.  I am not sure why it creates an uproar.  There is free dessert options, there is free ice cream, someone could theoretically make their own free milkshake, there is cheaper options for a standard milkshake.  They just also have premium shakes that are at a high price.

If I order a Like it (Small) vanilla milkshake at a local Coldstone is $6.59 before tax.  Some may add tip.

If I order a Minty Chocolate Specialty milkshake at Toothsome Chocolate Emporium in Orlando its $17 before tax.

If I order Ice cream at a pool bar at Gaylord Palms hotel, its $9 before tax.

Everyone seems to accept the alcohol pricing (or maybe because majority on here just uses vouchers), but the milkshakes apparently is the line drawn.

You've hit the nail on the head.  If the vouchers were removed, I'd expect alcohol would get just as much uproar as the milkshakes, b/c both are ridiculous...

12 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

On 1/15/2024 at 12:18 PM, Ocean Boy said:

Do you have to pay several thousand dollars to get access to that "Gourmet Dessert Bar" where you live?

I don't understand this argument. Because you've paid extra to get access to something, that something should be free?  Royal (any company) will charge what it wants to charge.  If enough people purchase, they'll at least keep the pricing, if not raise it.  If not enough people purchase, they'll lower the price, or do away with the offering.

What is so different about these milkshakes?  If you don't want to spend that much money on the milkshake, don't.  If you do, do.  It's the same as:

* Itinerary

* Ship

* Cabin Class

* Specialty Restaurant

* Excursions

* Drinks (and drink packages)

And I'm sure a bunch of stuff I'm forgetting. 

47 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

I don't understand this argument. Because you've paid extra to get access to something, that something should be free?  Royal (any company) will charge what it wants to charge.  If enough people purchase, they'll at least keep the pricing, if not raise it.  If not enough people purchase, they'll lower the price, or do away with the offering.

What is so different about these milkshakes?  If you don't want to spend that much money on the milkshake, don't.  If you do, do.  It's the same as:

* Itinerary

* Ship

* Cabin Class

* Specialty Restaurant

* Excursions

* Drinks (and drink packages)

And I'm sure a bunch of stuff I'm forgetting. 

Who said anything about free? And as I've said before, spend your money on whatever you please and I'll do the same. If I don't see the value I'll happily keep my money in my bank. Very simple concept.

Thinking about this deep subject....times change. 

When I was a kid, it was laughable to me how cheap my grandparents were. They gave up smoking cold turkey when cigarettes hit a certain price. EVERYTHING was so expensive to them. My grandma stockpiled Cool-Whip she would get on sale, with coupons. 

My Mom's generation too, she would never buy bottled water; just get it from the tap. Forget about all these flavored/vitamin waters and energy drinks people spend money on daily without even thinking.

Now, I am "that" generation, who is thinks everything is so expensive....$35 Uber from downtown to home, $4+ for a carton of grapefruit juice at the supermarket, $18+ for an elaborate milkshake while on vacation. 😅

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, goldfish65 said:

Thinking about this deep subject....times change. 

When I was a kid, it was laughable to me how cheap my grandparents were. They gave up smoking cold turkey when cigarettes hit a certain price. EVERYTHING was so expensive to them. My grandma stockpiled Cool-Whip she would get on sale, with coupons. 

My Mom's generation too, she would never buy bottled water; just get it from the tap. Forget about all these flavored/vitamin waters and energy drinks people spend money on daily without even thinking.

Now, I am "that" generation, who is thinks everything is so expensive....$35 Uber from downtown to home, $4+ for a carton of grapefruit juice at the supermarket, $18+ for an elaborate milkshake while on vacation. 😅

Just like the Progressive insurance commercials. 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1. Go to Windjammer.

2. Obtain a glass.

3. Take the glass to the soft serve station.

4. Fill with flavor of choice.  (I do chocolate)

5. Go to coffee station in or near Windjammer.

6. Add coffee.  Stir.

7. You have made a free mocha milkshake.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

7. You have made a free mocha milkshake.  

My emphasis on this word:

Now you have done it!

Item 7.

You placed the word, dare I say it, "free" in that line.

Is it "free if you paid for it?"

A whole can of worms have been opened up in a thread that was already filled with intrigue and passion.

You had to inject the "free" word.

I am running for cover as I hear incoming fire in the distance.

🤯

52 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

My emphasis on this word:

Now you have done it!

Item 7.

You placed the word, dare I say it, "free" in that line.

Is it "free if you paid for it?"

A whole can of worms have been opened up in a thread that was already filled with intrigue and passion.

You had to inject the "free" word.

I am running for cover as I hear incoming fire in the distance.

🤯

RCI hates that word.😊