Internet on the Emerald

ChildofPisces

Hi all,

Going to be on the Emerald in March, and wondering if anyone that’s been on recently can comment on the internet speed?

We were on the Discovery in October of 2022 and the internet was extremely lackluster. 

Thanks in advance! 

21 readings taken last June in Hawaii trip.  Here is the fastest:

depart-2.jpg.09b78295abbf24b1b805f5de57e48ae7.jpg

and the slowest reading:

wedmiddleofnight-06-15021235.jpg.e31f77ea5a9f1c21674720196cf7b849.jpg

Rolling up a note in a sealed bottle and throwing it overboard is another option.

wed middle of night-06-15 021235.jpg

Edited by CaliforniaDon
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, ChildofPisces said:

Going to be on the Emerald in March, and wondering if anyone that’s been on recently can comment on the internet speed?

On the last Panama canal sailing (Dec/Jan), Internet was fast enough for video calls, Youtube, etc.
Whatsapp video uploads also no problem. And it was reliable all the time.

Edited by EDVM96
  • Like 2

We are currently on the Emerald Princess sailing from L.A. through the Panama Canal to Fort Lauderdale.  I have found the internet to be great.  I’m able to stream shows on Netflix and on YouTube TV, as well as YouTube videos. I have no trouble sending and receiving emails.

• Like 2

Echoing all the above. No issues in November for basic email, YouTube streaming, Whatsapp calling. We saw people streaming their favorite NFL game, too.

Edited by luv2kroooz

On 1/13/2024 at 9:34 PM, BlufftonCruisers said:

We are currently on the Emerald Princess sailing from L.A. through the Panama Canal to Fort Lauderdale.  I have found the internet to be great.  I’m able to stream shows on Netflix and on YouTube TV, as well as YouTube videos. I have no trouble sending and receiving emails.

Hi, are the TV's in the cabins mounted on the wall, or up on the high shelf? We just got back from Carribean Princess and don't mind some of the older ships but the tv up on the shelf was annoying. 

5 hours ago, TW6cruiser said:

Hi, are the TV's in the cabins mounted on the wall, or up on the high shelf? We just got back from Carribean Princess and don't mind some of the older ships but the tv up on the shelf was annoying. 

This could vary based on room layout. We had a standard interior room. Ours was up on the high shelf. Our TV was huge compared to the size of the room.

17 hours ago, TW6cruiser said:

11 hours ago, luv2kroooz said:

This could vary based on room layout. We had a standard interior room. Ours was up on the high shelf. Our TV was huge compared to the size of the room.

We were on Emerald last November in a balcony room on Caribe deck & the TV was wall mounted. That old TV shelf is now empty, so it can be used for whatever.

Edited by richsea

2 hours ago, richsea said:

We were on Emerald last November in a balcony room on Caribe deck & the TV was wall mounted. That old TV shelf is now empty, so it can be used for whatever.

Thanks.  We are also on Caribe deck.   

• Like 1

We have been on the Emerald twice in the last year (and again next month) in an aft balcony cabin.  I'm not a big internet user but since we paid for it...  The speed went from no delays at all (most of the time) to go get a snack and check back later - I'm sure there are a lot of factors involved but I remember thinking I'm glad I don't have to depend on it for anything.