Aboard Serenity Jan 18-Feb 3: The Adventure Continues

ryndam

3 minutes ago, tnm6217 said:

Is the entertainer still Joel Spire? He was onboard in November and we had the opposite problem with him...it sounded like he was whispering the lyrics while playing piano over recorded music. Maybe they turned up the volume to try and compensate for his quiet singing?? In my opinion, he was definitely nowhere near the level of the other entertainers onboard, but maybe he wasn't feeling well on that particular sailing.

Neal Fullerton is the loud performer. There is nothing wrong with the volume controls. Several of us have had numerous conversations with CD, HD, the sound engineers and the band masters. It is his style to sing with his mouth practically in the microphone. When he just plays and keeps his mouth shut, it is a perfect piano bar. When he opens his mouth, it is rock concert decibel level. Performer’s ego vs. guests. Ego wins. We just frequent other venues. There a lots of choices.

Rob

• Like 2

Puerto Vallarta. Humongous Princess docked next to us. Offloading trash and recycling today. Walmart directly across the street; every crew member off duty stocking up their personal supplies. And that’s about as exciting as it gets for us today. 🥴🥴

Rob

IMG_9315.jpeg

IMG_9310.jpeg

IMG_9307.jpeg

IMG_9317.jpeg

• Like 2

Thanks for all of the good info in this post. My husband and I are newcomers to Crystal, going on on our first cruise in July. We are eager to learn as much as possible about life aboard Crystal Serenity.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, ryndam said:

I have no issue naming names. He was Perry Grant. Ladies of a certain age loved him. Not so much anyone else. He’s gone bye-bye.

Rob

I beg your pardon! Rob!!! I cannot tell Mr B what you said about Perry, as Mr B is every bit as much a Perry fan as I am. I was surprised when Mr B happily assumed positions, and he thoroughly enjoyed the whole shtick. He continues to quote Perry to this day, several years after we’ve been in the Avenue, or any place else, with Perry.

Perry actually is a beautiful performer when he imparts sad news to us. Heartfelt and touching.

23 minutes ago, May B said:

I beg your pardon! Rob!!! I cannot tell Mr B what you said about Perry, as Mr B is every bit as much a Perry fan as I am. I was surprised when Mr B happily assumed positions, and he thoroughly enjoyed the whole shtick. He continues to quote Perry to this day, several years after we’ve been in the Avenue, or any place else, with Perry.

Perry actually is a beautiful performer when he imparts sad news to us. Heartfelt and touching.

Choice is good. Like individuals’ food and dietary preferences, everyone has their favorites in performance styles and entertainment. We do not care for Perry nor his schtick across Celebrity, HAL and Crystal. It’s great that he has loyal and wonderful followers such as you and Mr. B.

Peace. Out. 😁🙏

Rob

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, skybluewaters said:

I remember him well from Crystal Mahler.

He was a talented performer and a great guy.

Yes, I totally agree. My experience with him on Mahler and on Symphony.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, History&Wine said:

Maybe Crystal is reading these posts.  Avenue not nearly as loud tonight.

Dwight

Hi Dwight, Crystal is indeed listening. A new sound team of Engineers came on in Puerto Vallarta and spent all day yesterday making adjustments both in the Avenue and in the Galaxy. Also Neal has only been with Crystal for a few days now and is finding his way as to what the guests want. I think he is going to be a perfect fit. And always happy to see your smiling face on board. Jim 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Looking at the docs, plus reflections and it seems that they have used up the old "blue waves header" paper and are making the full transition to the new corporate identity using "Tiffany Blue".  Oops...I meant "Crystal Aqua".

It's just such a ubiquitous color - on the room service menus, reflections, note pads, and more.

• Like 1

Just now, History&Wine said:

At Jim’s presentation on Lucille Ball…

No one is better at setting the scene.

A HUGE “Amen” from the onshore peanut gallery. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1