LIVE!!! ICON OF THE SEAS INAUGURAL

On 1/25/2024 at 8:41 AM, lovesthebeach2 said:

Ear plugs and white noise block everything, even the kids running up and down the halls.  On the smaller ships like Radiance class, I baffle the bathroom and closet doors so I don’t hear anything from the hall.

We swear by white noise, my husband had to work overnight for years, so we got to the point where we can't sleep without it. If the power goes out we wake up as soon as the noise stops. But it really helps block outside noises.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, cruise1957 said:

We swear by white noise, my husband had to work overnight for years, so we got to the point where we can't sleep without it. If the power goes out we wake up as soon as the noise stops. But it really helps block outside noises.

We like to hear ocean sounds on our Echo Dot!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I like to hear Ocean sounds on a cruise ship!  😆 

Are you flying Southwest?  I work in Huntsville, AL and typically fly out of Nashville or Birmingham (my Son lives in Birmingham) when I fly Southwest.  Last couple flights, I have flown out of Huntsville.  

29 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

We like to hear ocean sounds on our Echo Dot!

26 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I like to hear Ocean sounds on a cruise

Count me in! I love to hear ocean sounds too !

Edited by ocean sounds
Spacing
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 1/25/2024 at 8:36 AM, Mreimer said:

Nice! My wife and I were asked to test this new concept when we were sailing on the Symphony. Basically this was in development and they set up and entire elevator bank in one of the lower conference rooms. We were tasked to get to certain destinations on the Icon and give our feedback. Glad to see that is now in fully swing and being received well. 

MSC has had it for many years! About time Royal gets the memo!

1 hour ago, patattack said:

Are you flying Southwest?  I work in Huntsville, AL and typically fly out of Nashville or Birmingham (my Son lives in Birmingham) when I fly Southwest.  Last couple flights, I have flown out of Huntsville.  

Made it to the airport and and waiting at the Gate to board SW.  We are scheduled to fly out in about 1h 15m.

20240126_160316.thumb.jpg.4c57b60d93b504b42209ec7da2dc475d.jpg

• Like 8

We took a redeye last night (Thursday night) and got to Fort Lauderdale this morning.  Staying at a hotel near the FLL airport.  Just spent the day trying to catch up on sleep so I can be up every minute on the ship this week.  We will take a Lyft to Miami tomorrow morning to start this Icon Inaugural.

IMG_6938.thumb.jpeg.2eaff58757959624160334e427f4177b.jpeg

IMG_8297.thumb.jpeg.093933cfca095307c3c96105ae02fa00.jpeg

Our room at Hotel Dello.  We talked to a lady at the lobby who just got off of the 3 day Icon cruise.  She said she didn’t think she would like Icon but it turned out she LOVED it.  Everything was fantastic from the ship, food, entertainment, the space for kids/adults, etc.  I cannot wait.

IMG_6939.thumb.jpeg.3b3492267df21b663b98b3ba6c09f1ff.jpeg

Walked around the area and found a Publix.  A lighthouse for @Ocean Boy

IMG_6940.thumb.jpeg.ee4f12ed209f99a50f3b846868705c50.jpeg

Bakery at Publix

IMG_6941.thumb.jpeg.3699e02df9e3224ec0c6ea3d4c3656a8.jpeg

• Like 17

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

One more observation.

There is a lot less pace devoted to retail stores on this ship and more space for venues and bars.

The watch stores are gone and are now basically display cases on the sides of one of the halls manned by one person.

You didn’t happen to notice if they had Mary Frances purses did you? 😉 They have started showing up on other ships.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Have a great week! I hope the week after is just as good.😉😊

We shall and the following week will be great also. Mike has something for you.

3 hours ago, cruisinghawg said:

Hope you get here in time for some rest

We made it to the hotel room a little while ago!  Sore but I feel like my energy will be good tomorrow.   Thankful all went well. 

• Like 19