LIVE!!! ICON OF THE SEAS INAUGURAL

38 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

where on the ship is this located and hopefully not where anyone can fall over it?  Is in in the Central Park?   

I'm not sure, I'm not on the ship. Just commenting on the photo from @FromSea2ShiningSea.  Maybe she can inform us

@Ozark_Kid also took a pic back on page 25 (post #604) and it looks to be inside & near a wall.

• Like 1

I think it's right behind Starbucks next to the pearl, out of the way, but I've wondered about the liability, someone could trip over it, there should be a barrier like the pole the brass dog is peeing on, something tall so you can't miss it.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Is the Royal Promenade really wider compared to Oasis?  From the video, it just seems less cluttered. Which is a good thing. 

Looks like there is a decent amount of indoor/outdoor seating at Sorrentos. Which begs the question that everyone is afraid to ask: How's the Pizza? 😉

Definitely wider and only one small retail kiosk.  Pizza all tastes the same after alcohol.  Seriously though, I've had a lot worse.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Definitely wider and only one small retail kiosk.  Pizza all tastes the same after alcohol.  Seriously though, I've had a lot worse.

I thought pizza’s main purpose was to soak alcohol up?😹

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I'm not sure if this has been asked & answered already, but I remember a lot of speculation The Pearl on the "Icon blocks are in the house" thread.

Is there anything special about it? It looks like a giant lighted staircase.

First and foremost it is the structural support for the ship to allow all the windows.  They just made all those structural I beams look nice.

It slso allows mid promenadecacess to deck 6.  This was one of the key design elements, being able to move from 5 through 8 easier.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are sitting on the 2nd floor listening to a good band playing across the way.  The sound system is good!

20240130_161906.thumb.jpg.c3ccd07e624f26d46ccee8a5b9eb5010.jpg

And it is nice to sit here and change the temperature in the room before we go back to get ready for dinner.   The app let's you control it.

Screenshot_20240130_161611_Royal.thumb.jpg.3b8f4aad125756046f41a44e50032618.jpg

Just make sure not to use sleep mode.  That turns off the AC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

I think it's right behind Starbucks next to the pearl, out of the way, but I've wondered about the liability, someone could trip over it, there should be a barrier like the pole the brass dog is peeing on, something tall so you can't miss it.

It's out of the way and not near Starbucks 

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Why would sleep not just be the lighting? Celebrity E-Class has the same system, and those "scenes" simply affect the lighting, not the a/c.

FDont know the reasoning, just stating what it actually does.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are sitting on the 2nd floor listening to a good band playing across the way.  The sound system is good!

20240130_161906.thumb.jpg.c3ccd07e624f26d46ccee8a5b9eb5010.jpg

And it is nice to sit here and change the temperature in the room before we go back to get ready for dinner.   The app let's you control it.

Screenshot_20240130_161611_Royal.thumb.jpg.3b8f4aad125756046f41a44e50032618.jpg

That's cool you can do this on the app.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I'm not sure if this has been asked & answered already, but I remember a lot of speculation The Pearl on the "Icon blocks are in the house" thread.

Is there anything special about it? It looks like a giant lighted staircase.

It is but it does some of that supporting structural stuff. Not exactly in the know as to what

Edited by cruisinghawg
  • Thanks 1

Sorry folks for being away for the past 24 hours but had some terrible news that we had to deal with. One of my best friends had a stroke while on board and had to be offloaded to hospital on St Kitts. So we have been tied up with helping all that we could. So I am back now and will download more video later this morning. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, cruisinghawg said:

Sorry folks for being away for the past 24 hours but had some terrible news that we had to deal with. One of my best friends had a stroke while on board and had to be offloaded to hospital on St Kitts. So we have been tied up with helping all that we could. So I am back now and will download more video later this morning. 

I’m so sorry to hear this. Hope they will be okay. 🙏

• Like 3

17 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Something about these 2 pictures I really like.  I can see myself hanging out here.

Yes the Hideaway is rocking every day. A great place to hang if you like being in the water and socializing or watching the wake. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sdteacher said:

I’m so sorry to hear this. Hope they will be okay. 🙏

Thank you the travel insurance company is trying to fly them to FLL today. This will be good for everybody as we can get there Sat to help. 

• Like 8

56 minutes ago, cruisinghawg said:

So sorry. I hope for a good outcome. If it is any consolation I would rather be in a hospital on St. Kitts than some of the other Caribbean islands.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, cruisinghawg said:

So sorry to read this. Hoping things go as best as possible in this unfortunate situation.

46 minutes ago, cruisinghawg said:

Thank you the travel insurance company is trying to fly them to FLL today. This will be good for everybody as we can get there Sat to help. 

This sounds very promising.

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

So sorry. I hope for a good outcome. If it is any consolation I would rather be in a hospital on St. Kitts than some of the other Caribbean islands.

I’d agree for sure.  For some reason I’d add St Thomas, Antigua and St Martens (both sides) to that list.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Maybe the Drs were fantastic but support staff was overworked and exhausted. The hospital is not air conditioned completely. Being moved back to states is going to happen tonight so we can get back to them Sat. 

• Like 15

58 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

So sorry to read this. Hoping things go as best as possible in this unfortunate situation.

This sounds very promising.

I’d agree for sure.  For some reason I’d add St Thomas, Antigua and St Martens (both sides) to that list.

Yes we were hoping to at least get him to St Thomas which is our next stop. Thanks and hope everything is good with you. 

• Like 2