Assistance please Indonesian visa for cruise

Asking for an Australian friend who is taking a repositioning cruise on P&O at end February  Singapore to Sydney

P&O have advised them that they need a visa BEFORE THEY EMBARK  I know that Indonesia will give you one on arrival but the message from P&O appears to say  No visa before you get on the ship  you will not be allowed to embark.

My friend has tried to get the visa (approx $50) pp on line and got all the way through the application but it asked for FULL address of place they will stay in Indonesia.  He tried the ships name but it would not accept this.

I am sure someone else has had this problem and solved it   (I suggested the name of the land agent at the first stop but not sure about this)Please can you advise what you or anyone you know did for this problem     I could not help as being a Brit I do not need a visa.  Thanks in advance

5 minutes ago, rkmw said:

Do you post on FB if so might be an idea also to ask on the p&o board because I’ve seen people asking the same thing 

I had a look on FB and this is a comment from someone 

Put in Port Benoa and the code for that 80361. Then autofills.

• Like 1

We did a P&O last year, stopped at 2 Indonesian ports, P&O organised it and charged our shipboard accounts. It didn't  matter if you intended going ashore or not, everyone was charged. 

I suppose there may have been some flack for this, so you need to organise it yourselves.

This is an answer on TripAdvisor that I saw recently. We are going on cruise March so haven’t tried yet. They are talking of scrapping this soon too. 
‘I would use, (ship's name) Bali cruise terminal,

Jalan Dermaga Ii, Pelabuhan Benoa 80222 Denpasar Bali. If you enter the post code first some of the details fill in Automatically.’ 

I am also going to Bali in a few weeks time, and have successfully applied for Visa.  If your friends ship is docking at Benoa (most do) then all they need to put in is the post code 80362 and the form automatically fills in the rest of the address.  If they're going to Lombok or somewhere else then, a Google search for the relevant post code will help.  

Forget anyone on FB! Most have no Idea! I have spent 2 weeks and more time than I would care for on this subject! I have Cruised Indonesia twice with P&O in the past so sort of know how it works!

P&O will arrange onboard visas for those who arrive at terminal without a visa! I have it in Writing.

P&O would prefer Cruisers to pre apply for a B1 VOA (Visa On Arrival)

You are best to apply and pay for an e-VOA  Cost $53 AU credit card $48 or less with a 28Degree or similar CC that charges zero foreign exchange fees!

I will now begin a "Copy Pate" of my info details if needed!

Indonesian Visa!
After extensive online conversations with P&O I was given this information! Up to you guys to trust the word or not:

Hi again, Dennis. Our crew members have a visa, as it's one of the requirements. Australian and New Zealand passport holders who do not purchase a visa prior to the cruise can purchase one onboard. Thank you, -Anne.

The question I posed before above answer was "How do P&O staff and crew go through Indonesian Immigration?

This has taken me ages to get correct information and given how little P&O onshore staff seem know about travel I am not sure I trust it lol I am still waiting for my P&O Cruise Planner to confirm this info in writing.

• April 5, 2007
  • Perth Australia

After spending some time on the phone today They said they can do the visa onboard but would like most cruises to get their own so for those applying in advance for a B1 VOA the Indonesian address  you use is

LOH-LIANG, KOMODO

Postcode 86754

Because of the total confusion its easier to get a B1 VOA in advance in my opinion.

Cheers

OK e-VOA done! What a hassle! You need your  photo of passport uploaded in jpeg  personal photo uploaded in Jpeg then you have to upload passport again and travel doc in PDF further along! Indonesian e-visa nothing to do with (P&O)

When you enter the address I listed above you  write address and postcode in separate boxes

LOH LIANG KOMODO (no commers no dash) address box                                                              86754  in Postcode Box  and the city province village boxes auto fill.

For Return flight details you  upload your cruise doc in PDF

Took me 2 hours just to do the online application lol.

So Indonesian  e- VOA (Visa On Arrival) Cost us $53AU each, this was with an AU Credit Card and included foreign exchange fees! If you have a 28 Degree or similar Credit Card that charges no foreign exchange  fees it will be around $48 each or less, Thats not bad given the same onboard "Blanket" P&O visa charge was $45  10 years ago for all cruiser regardless you already had a Visa? 

Visa or not I will Guarantee Indonesian  Immigration will be onboard in Broome or last Ozzy stop as was past 2 cruises and you will have to have your VOA/Visa checked between Broome/last AU port and Komodo against your passport in the Deep Dark Bowls of Ship and" in person" to get the 30 day B1 Visa stamped in your passport.

Good luck and just ask me if you have any problems getting the e-VOA (Visa On Arrival)

P&O Really need to lift their Knowledgeable information game on  Cruises like this. 

Trust a CC member or quibble with Some random Face Book posters who are not willing to do the required research and most have never Travelled overseas let alone an overseas Cruise!

Follow my details on getting an Indonesian e-VOA and its just another thing you need not stress about, good luck!  🙂

Edited by fishtaco

39 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Now are you willing to listen to a World Travelled individual as well as a later life Cruiser?? Yes or No?

At the present moment the e VOA  (Visa On arrival) Is 500,000 IDR.

Where Cruises to Indonesia differ is you need Authority to enter Indonesian waters via Visa On Arrival! This actually costs Money because a Cruise is not  an International Airport to Airport flight

Komodo Lombok and Benoa Cruise ports are not able to proses a huge influx of entrance as is done at an airport! Indonesian Immigration board the ship way before arrival and  Prosses cruisers VOA into Authority to enter! A VOA or Visa is and never has been  a ticket to entry anywhere in the World! This is only granted at Immigration passport control! What differs for Cruisers is they cannot be denied entrance or turned away because they are on a cruise heading into Ino waters not an Airport!

Edited by fishtaco
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, fishtaco said:

Forget anyone on FB! Most have no Idea! I have spent 2 weeks and more time than I would care for on this subject! I have Cruised Indonesia twice with P&O in the past so sort of know how it works!

P&O will arrange onboard visas for those who arrive at terminal without a visa! I have it in Writing.

You are best to apply and pay for an e-VOA  Cost $53 AU credit card $48 or less with a 28Degree or similar CC that charges zero foreign exchange fees!

Indonesian Visa!
After extensive online conversations with P&O I was given this information! Up to you guys to trust the word or not:

Hi again, Dennis. Our crew members have a visa, as it's one of the requirements. Australian and New Zealand passport holders who do not purchase a visa prior to the cruise can purchase one onboard. Thank you, -Anne.

The question I posed before above answer was "How do P&O staff and crew go through Indonesian Immigration?

This has taken me ages to get correct information and given how little P&O onshore staff seem know about travel I am not sure I trust it lol I am still waiting for my P&O Cruise Planner to confirm this info in writing.

• April 5, 2007
  • Perth Australia

After spending some time on the phone today They said they can do the visa onboard but would like most cruises to get their own so for those applying in advance for a B1 VOA the Indonesian address  you use is

LOH-LIANG, KOMODO

Postcode 86754

Because of the total confusion its easier to get a B1 VOA in advance in my opinion.

Cheers

OK e-VOA done! What a hassle! You need your  photo of passport uploaded in jpeg  personal photo uploaded in Jpeg then you have to upload passport again and travel doc in PDF further along! Indonesian e-visa nothing to do with (P&O)

When you enter the address I listed above you  write address and postcode in separate boxes

LOH LIANG KOMODO (no commers no dash) address box                                                              86754  in Postcode Box  and the city province village boxes auto fill.

So Indonesian  e- VOA (Visa On Arrival) Cost us $53AU each, this was with an AU Credit Card and included foreign exchange fees! If you have a 28 Degree or similar Credit Card that charges no foreign exchange  fees it will be around $48 each or less, Thats not bad given the same onboard "Blanket" P&O visa charge was $45  10 years ago for all cruiser regardless you already had a Visa? 

Visa or not I will Guarantee Indonesian  Immigration will be onboard in Broome or last Ozzy stop as was past 2 cruises and you will have to have your VOA/Visa checked between Broome/last AU port and Komodo against your passport in the Deep Dark Bowls of Ship and" in person" to get the 30 day B1 Visa stamped in your passport.

Good luck and just ask me if you have any problems getting the e-VOA (Visa On Arrival)

P&O Really need to lift their Knowledgeable information game on  Cruises like this. 

Trust a CC member or quibble with Some random Face Book posters who are not willing to do the required research and most have never Travelled overseas let alone an overseas Cruise!

Follow my details on getting an Indonesian e-VOA and its just another thing you need not stress about, good luck!  🙂

On my first cruise to Indonesia (10 years ago) with HAL, Indonesian immigration staff boarded at Darwin for onboard visa processing. I can't remember what the fee was. Last year I cruised there again with Hal. I organised my visa on line pre-departure. It was a tricky process. There was much confusion, particularly among US cruisers. I got useful information from an Aussie CC poster (forgotten name) on our Roll Call. The main point of confusion was that our first port of call was Komodo where there was no immigration check and it is not an Indonesian port with VOA but in the end it didn't matter. HAL did organise Visas on line for those who did not have them.

9 hours ago, fishtaco said:

Indonesian Visa!

• April 5, 2007
  • Perth Australia

LOH-LIANG, KOMODO

Postcode 86754

Cheers

Don’t write off people on Facebook, some people know quite a lot 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, rkmw said:

Don’t write off people on Facebook, some people know quite a lot 

Indeed Bob, many knowledgeable Cruise Critic People are also users of FB.

26 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Indeed Bob, many knowledgeable Cruise Critic People are also users of FB.

Les I mentioned the FB word and it had to be approved by a mod

FB is ok to use but not the whole word

Edited by rkmw
  • Like 1

On 1/21/2024 at 9:25 PM, Bubbeh said:

I am also going to Bali in a few weeks time, and have successfully applied for Visa.  If your friends ship is docking at Benoa (most do) then all they need to put in is the post code 80362 and the form automatically fills in the rest of the address.  If they're going to Lombok or somewhere else then, a Google search for the relevant post code will help.  

I have a friend going to Bali next week on Pacific Adventurer and he has got to the point of paying for the Visa but the payment tab won't open. Any clues?

5 minutes ago, Amaroo Andrew said:

I have a friend going to Bali next week on Pacific Adventurer and he has got to the point of paying for the Visa but the payment tab won't open. Any clues?

Try contacting the Directorate General of Immigration Public Relations - 
evoa@imigrasi.go.id, they are most helpful.  However, given the departure date, your friend may wish to look up the website - https://molina.imigrasi.go.id/front/faqs/university#generalquestions - at the bottom of this page is an option for a Live Chat. 

I wouldn't procrastinate on this though, from what I understand (anyone can correct me if needed) if your friend doesn't have a Visa for Bali, they won't be able to board the ship.

2 hours ago, Amaroo Andrew said:

Try following my instructions above, your fist stop in Indonesia is the address you put and if cruising onward Cruise Docs are put in place for Return Air Travel if anything is incorrect in PDF part the payment part wont go through. The check list has to be checked fully. Maybe no help but it took me about 10 goes, I had to keep closing and re applying via the link not  refresh.

Edited by fishtaco

On 1/23/2024 at 9:00 AM, rkmw said:

Les I mentioned the FB word and it had to be approved by a mod

FB is ok to use but not the whole word

Well, yes & no. Using the whole word needs a mod approval. If you mention it in any abbreviation regarding roll calls or moving discussion away for the forum onto social media, it will still get wiped if noticed.

Yes, there are knowledgeable people everywhere online. You need a filter wherever you find your details. On some pages there though, if you disagree with a response they just delete a contrary view because they can. It is sad when majority rules takes over from an accurate response, or by default you only see the responses you agree with (most relevant).

• Like 2

Hi, with respect to comment #19 above, I am the person who is shortly travelling to Singapore via Indonesia on P&O Pacific Adventure and having difficulty getting a B1 visa to enter Indonesia.  I finally achieved this by using "Port Benoa" as the address and "80361" as the code, as indicated by other travellers above, whereby the other fields then auto-filled.  Once I overcame the address issue, my next hurdle was to pay for the Visa.  After multiple application attempts a Payment screen finally appeared (at the very bottom of the screen) and I made the payment (hurray!).  My travel companion had the same problems. My next requirement is to get a Singapore Arrival Card ( see ICA | SG Arrival Card ) before debarking in Singapore.  Note that this can only be applied for and approved when you are three days out from the arrival port.  This is a big difficult as we will be on the ship at that time!  Travel used to be some much easier in the past.

47 minutes ago, Malex02 said:

Hi, with respect to comment #19 above, I am the person who is shortly travelling to Singapore via Indonesia on P&O Pacific Adventure and having difficulty getting a B1 visa to enter Indonesia.  I finally achieved this by using "Port Benoa" as the address and "80361" as the code, as indicated by other travellers above, whereby the other fields then auto-filled.  Once I overcame the address issue, my next hurdle was to pay for the Visa.  After multiple application attempts a Payment screen finally appeared (at the very bottom of the screen) and I made the payment (hurray!).  My travel companion had the same problems. My next requirement is to get a Singapore Arrival Card ( see ICA | SG Arrival Card ) before debarking in Singapore.  Note that this can only be applied for and approved when you are three days out from the arrival port.  This is a big difficult as we will be on the ship at that time!  Travel used to be some much easier in the past.

When we did a similar trip last year the ship (we were also on P&O) opened up its on-board wifi for all guests, at no charge, 3 days out from arrival.