Princess Chat Unresponsive

jlcruiser

Yes, we had the same issue. Told we were next but we kept getting "are you still there?" For another 20. We ended it and called, call was answered immediately. Chat was a waste of 40 min, never again.

53 minutes ago, jlcruiser said:

After one hour of waiting on the chat section of the Princess website and being put back in the queue four times I am wondering if many other people have had this happening to them. 

Call them. We waited about 20 minutes, then just called. 

If I begin a chat, I figure I might as well wait on the (speaker) phone too.  I have been in the same queue.  75 in front of you.  Are you still there?  One in front of you.  Are you still there.  Left and 3 hours later, are you still there?

Chat is a painful joke.  I will admit that I have encountered useless agents AND some that were very nice.  I also think it is a big joke that they always thank me for my loyalty AND try to upsell my Beverage Package.  

• Like 1

As a matter of fact, first time ever, I've decided to chat today regarding my refund for canceled shore excursion (sailing next week). It has been more than 2 weeks, and I've heard nada from Princess and no refund. I started at about 9:45am, waited online for about 20 minutes and saw queue going down from 75 people in front of me down to 0. I had to confirm after 10 minutes that I am still waiting. It took me about 25 minutes online chatting with a rep and at the end he said that he is issuing a refund to my CC. He actually asked me how much they owe me since he had no visibility to excursions. I'll believe it when I see my money. But that is my experience today. First and hopefully last. 

58 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

If I begin a chat, I figure I might as well wait on the (speaker) phone too.  I have been in the same queue.  75 in front of you.  Are you still there?  One in front of you.  Are you still there.  Left and 3 hours later, are you still there?

Chat is a painful joke.  I will admit that I have encountered useless agents AND some that were very nice.  I also think it is a big joke that they always thank me for my loyalty AND try to upsell my Beverage Package.  

Chat was super helpful prior to November.

Not sure what happened, but they cannot help with anything anymore. 

1 hour ago, trin880 said:

As a matter of fact, first time ever, I've decided to chat today regarding my refund for canceled shore excursion (sailing next week). It has been more than 2 weeks, and I've heard nada from Princess and no refund. I started at about 9:45am, waited online for about 20 minutes and saw queue going down from 75 people in front of me down to 0. I had to confirm after 10 minutes that I am still waiting. It took me about 25 minutes online chatting with a rep and at the end he said that he is issuing a refund to my CC. He actually asked me how much they owe me since he had no visibility to excursions. I'll believe it when I see my money. But that is my experience today. First and hopefully last. 

Similar experience.  Chat agent could see that I cancelled excursion.  Previous agents (more than one) have quoted 24 hours and 7-10 day).  Most recent agent could see that Princess owes me money and would "escalate" my refund to her supervisor.  I should see refund anywhere from 10-14 days.  Doesn't know why it wasn't processed a week ago.

I finally received an email back from customer service on another issue 10 days after I sent it.

Same experience with Chat all weekend.  Three times I spent an hour after I was next in line.  Got frustrated and called Princess which, even though I spoke with someone, was no less frustrating.  I spoke with the call center in the Philippines.  The rep was lovely but knew less than I did.  Kept getting misinformation after being placed on hold while she spoke with a supervisor.  Will try again this week and hopefully will reach someone in the US.  

I can’t understand why these cruise companies can’t design decent easy-to-use websites and Apps that allow customers to do everything they want to do - ie., cancel a cruise, create a group sailing, etc… It’d cut back on the need for hiring additional call center staff.

• Like 2

Between the new call center and yes useless Chat feature I am seriously rethinking booking with Princess again. Sad after all these years but their customer service has tanked. Not everyone can message them on Instagram for help. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jlcruiser said:

After one hour of waiting on the chat section of the Princess website and being put back in the queue four times I am wondering if many other people have had this happening to them. 

Just make sure you call early, like 9:00 a.m. when they open up.  You get a better chance of getting a rep at this time, but no guarantee 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

I can’t understand why these cruise companies can’t design decent easy-to-use websites and Apps that allow customers to do everything they want to do - ie., cancel a cruise, create a group sailing, etc… It’d cut back on the need for hiring additional call center staff.

Exactly!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rocklinmom said:

Between the new call center and yes useless Chat feature I am seriously rethinking booking with Princess again. Sad after all these years but their customer service has tanked. Not everyone can message them on Instagram for help. 

Open up an Instagram account.

If you can post here, you have access.

Much quicker response reaching out to them there.  

2 hours ago, rocklinmom said:

May I suggest that you call to be assigned a personal CVP.  We’ve had the pleasure of working with the same woman for years.  I either call or email if I need to book, refare or any other inquiries.  She gets back to me either immediately or within one hour.  I never wait on hold, never get stressed or frustrated.  She lives in Florida and has been with Princess for years.

If interested, call this # and request your own CVP - Cruise Vacation Planner.

1-800-901-1172

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes You are not alone -  Start chat 60 ahead of me, get down to I'm next "Type yes if still waiting" 6 times and Poof instantly 40+ ahead of me.  Also did the phone number 4 times and each time told "please hold while I look that up" get disconnected.  Great Customer Service. 

16 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Chat was super helpful prior to November.

Not sure what happened, but they cannot help with anything anymore. 

Chat *used* to be my primary communication method because I have some real issues with dialects and accents (not a criticism of the call center from that regard). It's been a while since I've had to try a chat...Given what I'm hearing about it here I'm not sure that I would try...but then again the training level of the people you get these days are lacking whether you call *or* chat.