Check in security photo

So, on our last cruise we added our photo at check in on the app prior to our departure. However, they still took out picture at the pier.

Why do they need the picture supplied during registration? I'm asking because we're starting check in for an upcoming cruise and I'm at that stage again.

9 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I never take my picture beforehand, since they seem to always retake at the port. It’s not mandatory.

I havent added a photo last 2 years, maybe 15 cruises. Useless imo too. Not required, why add it. They always take a new photo for me too. Just skip when you get there. I check the box ok to use for boarding or whatever, not the full release.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I just use what I last used for a passport renewal. Never any retakes at the port after supplying that during check-in.

I tried using my passport photo once and even THAT wasn't good enough for RCI. I just let them take it at the pier. It literally takes seconds.

• Thanks 1

Just now, cruiseguy1016 said:

I tried using my passport photo once and even THAT wasn't good enough for RCI. I just let them take it at the pier. It literally takes seconds.

I get an error every time I upload the photo. But a second try always goes through.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, du4mch said:

So, on our last cruise we added our photo at check in on the app prior to our departure. However, they still took out picture at the pier.

Why do they need the picture supplied during registration? I'm asking because we're starting check in for an upcoming cruise and I'm at that stage again.

Just to irritate you. 😁

• Haha 1

I, too, have uploaded pictures only to have them re-take at the pier.  I think they're very fussy about nothing in the background /straight-on image -- like a passport picture.  But I've tried to turn in what I think they want, and they still re-take.  Not like it adds any real time to your check-in.  

21 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I, too, have uploaded pictures only to have them re-take at the pier.  I think they're very fussy about nothing in the background /straight-on image -- like a passport picture.  But I've tried to turn in what I think they want, and they still re-take.  Not like it adds any real time to your check-in.  

They are sticklers for background and such.... even want you to wear a shirt in the picture 🙂 

• Haha 2