Loudspeaker

My first cruise was on Royal Caribbean over 20 years ago.

I have since taken 8 cruises with celebrity and Oceania.They used to announce activities on a loudspeaker into your room.

i hated that! I only experienced that on RC. The other lines announced in the hall way which wasn’t as loud.

please tell me they have stopped loud announcements directly into your room. If not can you at least turn it off?

we will be on wonder of the seas.

thank you.

6 hours ago, cdn.cruiser said:

My first cruise was on Royal Caribbean over 20 years ago.

I have since taken 8 cruises with celebrity and Oceania.They used to announce activities on a loudspeaker into your room.

i hated that! I only experienced that on RC. The other lines announced in the hall way which wasn’t as loud.

please tell me they have stopped loud announcements directly into your room. If not can you at least turn it off?

we will be on wonder of the seas.

thank you.

I miss some of the Captain's announcements that was available on the radio in the cabin.  Now I have to rush and open the cabin door to hear what's going on.  Remember, you could control the volume and also turned the radio off.

• Like 4

The announcement volume control knobs in the rooms on older ships are a relic piece of obsolete technology from a bygone era.  I tried using it on Navigator this week and it does nothing.  We were waiting in the room yesterday for tender number announcements and you had to go out on the balcony and you could still hardly hear it.  But day one when they were doing the muster station straggler announcements it blasted in the stateroom.  

Supposedly, there is only one scheduled announcement every morning by the captain which has been pretty nice over the years. (Passageway, not cabin)

But for some reason on the Adventure last May the cruise director was making announcements all day long (sales, trivia, bingo etc.) and it was very irritating!!! Reminded me of the old days.