Teens on Princess

Looking to book a cruise end of May once school is out for summer.

We will be taking my 15 year old daughter and her 15 year old friend. 

Enchanted Princess to the Western Caribbean is the itinerary we are considering.  We have never cruised Princess before so needing to know if this would be a good fit?

How many teens are normally on board and is there enough 'excitement ' for teens? 

Not necessarily concerned that their aren't water slides and go-carts but don't know what if the demographic will be to old.

7 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Just a note that I believe in this situation, Princess will require all passengers to have a passport due to having the friend.

Yes, and I would also get a letter of consent from the friend's parents, stating you have permission to take the minor out of the country (state the cruise information) and medical authorization for the minor, in case of an emergency.  

I bet they have a great time.

The itinerary looks ok. A lot depends on the teens themselves. Agree with post #2. that each of them should have an unlimited wifi internet package. You should remind them to turn their phones on airplane mode and to not use cell service. Cell service will result in exceptionally high billings from their cell provider. A 4 device package may be the way to go you would have to do the math. 

The ship will have a youth center with activities for teens and there probably will be other teens there to meet. There will be some organized teen activities which they may or may not be interested in. Of course at their age they can come to almost any activity and view or possibly participate. How many  youth in total on board is difficult to determine. Many parents select Alaska for family cruises at this time of year. It will be very hot at the end of May with strong sun directly overhead. There will be beach stops. Roatan has a private beach right at the port. Costa Maya also offers a beach opportunity.

10 minutes ago, Colorado Buffalo said:

We would purchase the Princess Premium Package,

I see that gets us wifi for 4 devices. Could we assign two of those to the girls?

You would also need a zero alcohol package for the girls assuming the will be drinking something other than tap water. If you have 2 premier packages you will have 8 devices available 4 for each plan

• Thanks 1

A regular 1 device plan allows you to be logged into one device at a time.  For example. A person my have both a phone and a tablet. They can use either, but only one at a time. You have to log out on say your phone before you can log in on the tablet.. A 4 device plan allows you to be logged into 4 different devices at the same time.

If you are purchasing the plus or premier fares then they come with unlimited internet for one device. If you are purchasing the standard fares then perhaps purchasing a single 4 device plan would be a benefit. I don't know too much about teens use of the internet, but kind of feel that they can get by with using one device at a time.

I also don't believe that the Premier fare would be a good value for two teens. I don't think they would be interested in or could use the extra benefits. The plus fare is probably a better value. 

Maybe "Steelers" can provide some insight.

My teens love going on princess cruises as they get some freedom.  We usually get them the drink package which they love trying all the different drinks that we never have at home.  We have never had issues with them finding friends or things to do even when we have taken cruises at off times when other kids are in school.  Those sailings they have usually met kids form other countries who are on break at that time or who are in year round school who have different breaks than their school.

The one big thing to make sure to do is go to the first night in the teen club that's when they meet everyone after that they rarely went to the teen room unless they wanted to do a specific activity.  They usually met their friends by the pool deck or up on the sports deck. 

We took our kids on an Alaskan cruise with Princess when they were 14 (boy/girl twins). I purposely chose July so there would be a lot of families. The kids had a blast and loved hanging out with their new friends they met at Teens’ Club. My daughter’s suggestion to new cruisers is to always go to the first activity. If you don’t join activities until later in the cruise, it’s harder to get to know kids because cliques have already formed. It’s not impossible to make friends if joining later but it just makes it harder, especially if your kids are not outgoing. But since your daughter already has one friend, maybe that won’t be necessary. Our kids made us book a cruise when they were 17 because they had to go on one more cruise before they aged out of the kids’ program. That’s how much they enjoyed it.

On 2/5/2024 at 3:08 AM, Colorado Buffalo said:

Looking to book a cruise end of May once school is out for summer.

We will be taking my 15 year old daughter and her 15 year old friend. 

Enchanted Princess to the Western Caribbean is the itinerary we are considering.  We have never cruised Princess before so needing to know if this would be a good fit?

How many teens are normally on board and is there enough 'excitement ' for teens? 

Not necessarily concerned that their aren't water slides and go-carts but don't know what if the demographic will be to old.

Our kids sailed Princess when they were 12-15& 18.

They have also sailed DCL, RCCL & Celebrity.

They have each said they had a blast on every cruise (and we SHARED ONE internet plan between the 5 of us when they were 18-20&23…it CAN be done & w/o issue!)

Some cruises they loved kids/ teen clubs, others not as much.

But with a friend they r both sure to have a great time

Edited by KKB